Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.M.PatilYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever since 15 days. What medicine take for proper rest. So tell proper advise. Thanks.
I am 51 years, and have Heart patient. My Heart wave (one) size is 1.3 mm Doctors sujust for open heart operation and change the wave. Please advise.
I have piles problem from past couple of years. Have tried all home made medicines and homeopathic medicines but nothing works. Please advice.
I'm suffering from boils on my back from 15 days and taking amycol-lb capsules 3 times a day daily but that area still paining and itching continuously, I was also suffered by fever due to boils, and now on my thighs small lumps are occurring and they are paining, please help me to overcome these problems.
I have early ejaculation and low stamina in sexual activity. Now inclination to engage in sexual activity with my wife is also getting infrequent - once or twice in a month.
I have no motion freely, since 3 years, I am 22 be years. Daily I go to 2or 3 times, tell me the best remedy for this, I have no diseases.
My weight is around 100 , I have sitting job use to sit 10 to 15 hrs during work. I had a problem of high blood pressure recently and doctor gave me amlopolphine atenolol 5 mg but I started to feel pain in my heart after using this medication and when I stopped taking the medicine my heart pain went away no I worry which medicine I should take if I get high blood pressure.
I am 30 years old men I am facing jaundice present total bilirubin 2.1 and direct bilirubin 0.4 and indirect bilirubin 1.7 how to reduce jaundice please help me.
What is the average age for the people in india who is affecting with diabetes disease. And how can we aware from getting this disease.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.