Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K ChandiramaniYour feedback matters!
I have a dark lip, that you advised me to use bio. Lat. 200/5 drop for a week, but I can't able to get that medicine near to my place. Is there any other more for best results.
Sir. Or. Mam I am facing the oiling skin problem since last 2 year nd this problem give me a ugly look. I am a 22 years old and such problem gives this o much depression in my age. So I am requesting you to solve my problem as soon as possible. Thanking you.
Can I use aloe vera gel on my face. I do not use any cream on my face as my face is little bit oily. I use clean n clear face wash twice a day. Then also I have some small pimples on my forehead. What I have to do for that? Please suggest any medicine and cream. My face is soft n sensitive. My age is 19 years 2 month.
Hello doctor A deep scare on my nose it is 1 or 2 inches long 1 years ago I fall on bucket which cause I have deep wound I used scare remover medicine which is prescribed by doctor but no effect Which cause my face is looking ugly So doctor plzz suggest any full proof treatment which remove my scare completely.
I am passing blood in my stool from last 3-4 months. Not everyday but Once or twice a week. I have an acidity problem. Can you please suggest me some test in which I can find out the reason for it? And also suggest a specialist doctor I need to visit.
What menstrual problems are to women, prostate problems are to men. The prostate is a gland in the lower abdomen that aids in the production of semen. The prostate is walnut sized in a young man, but can get enlarged with age. As it grows bigger, it can cause a number of problems. These are commonly seen after a man celebrates his 50th birthday.
There are three common prostate problems faced by men. Some of the symptoms that can tell if a man has a prostate problem are:
1. Difficulty faced while urinating.
2. The urge to urinate frequently at night.
3. Constant feeling of a full bladder.
4. Pain while urinating.
5. Blood in urine.
This can be defined as inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases the cause of this inflammation is unknown. However, there are two types of prostatitis; bacterial and nonbacterial. While the former reacts well to antibiotics, the latter is more difficult to control. Symptoms of this disease vary from one person to the next. Some of the factors that could trigger this disease are:
As mentioned earlier, as men get older, the prostate gland tends to grow in size. This growth is benign, but can block the bladder neck and prostatic urethra. This can cause problems urinating and lead to acute urinary retention. This can be very painful. Inserting a catheter can provide temporary relief and help release stored urine. Chronic retention is much less common and is associated with high bladder pressure and can damage the kidneys.
Advancing age and family genetic history are said to be the main triggers of prostate cancer. This type of cancer can remain restricted to the prostate gland in its early stages but may spread to the other glands as the cancer advances. This can also cause the growth of secondary tumors in the bones.
The only way to correctly diagnose a prostate problem is with a thorough physical examination. This includes a digital rectal exam where the doctor will insert a gloved finger into your rectum to check the size of your prostate, a blood test, mid stream urine tests and ultrasounds. In some cases a biopsy of the prostate may also be required. Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics, surgery, radiotherapy or hormone therapy to manage your prostate. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hi I hv severe butt pain and burning sensation not comfortable while sitting more than 15-20 min I tried zerodol Mr. and remylin d for ten days but temporary again it is same my height is 5.7 weight 84 5: 46 pm.
I have reoccurring boils. First I. Got it near my waist, next between forearm and upper arm near the joint, now next to my ear lobe. What should I do. It is occurring. From past 2 months.
Which is the best anti aging cream and anti tanning cream for dry skin in india. Note: I keep doing homemade remedies but still want some creams.
My face skin has black patches and many black spots and acne n under eye wrinkles. I m 18 years old. Please suggest home remedies ?
Sunscreens help shield you from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF) -- which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer-causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays don't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for relaxing day of swimming, or traveling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you.
Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
- Broad Spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
- High UVA protection: Sun's UV rays can be easily prevented, and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
- Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water-resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
- Medicated Products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
- Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting most productive effects. You can apply the cream, especially before going under direct sun.
- Skin-friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
- Correct application of sunscreen: Apply on exposed areas: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed towards sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
- Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
- Frequent application: If you are willing to get best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way-out other the applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
- Wearing sun-protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!