Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A. Johari
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A. JohariYour feedback matters!
I have problem of lower leg pain I feel tired legs all the time I can not stand even 5 min I feel very tired I have some allergy near my private parts and pain on the tip of private part and chest congestion so kindly tell me what should I do?
Elbow pain is a common problem affecting people. The elbow gives your hand the necessary flexibility to perform a lot of important activities such as to pick up or throw things. An elbow pain, if severe can affect a lot of these activities. Thus, if the pain gets uncomfortable and persists for long, you should consult an Orthopedic at the earliest. Different factors can trigger the elbow pain in different people. Thus, to make the treatment effective, it is first important to find out the underlying cause of the pain.
The three major ligaments that hold the elbow bones together are:
- Ulnar-Collateral Ligament or the Medial Collateral Ligament.
- Lateral Collateral Ligament or the Radial Collateral Ligament.
- Annular Ligament.
Any injury, disorder or damage to the elbow bones, ligaments, cartilage or tendons can result in an elbow pain. Some of the common factors and medical conditions that can give rise to an elbow pain include:
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis Elbow became famous, all thanks to the batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar, who suffered from this condition. Continued use of the arm in a particular motion can stress the tendons at the Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis (ECRB) muscle (located at the end of the elbow) which may suffer from tears. If left untreated, what started as a small tear will give rise to an inflammation affecting the full arm. The condition can be so painful that a person is unable to lift or hold anything.
- Injury to the Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL): The UCL is of the three major ligaments that hold the elbow bone in position, thereby controlling the joint movement. Increased and repetitive stress and pressure to the ULC, particularly children and adults who are into baseball (baseball pitchers) can result in ligament tear. Negligence will only worsen the injury with an excruciating elbow pain.
- Little League Elbow Syndrome: This syndrome is also found to be common among the young baseball players especially the pitchers. Little League Elbow Syndrome results from overuse of the elbow (while throwing the ball) which can cause inflammation of the Medial Epicondyle (the growth plate located at the end of the elbow). The Little Leaguer’s Elbow can leave the person with chronic elbow pain.
- Elbow Arthritis: Another condition that can trigger an elbow pain is the arthritis of the elbow. There may be inflammation in the elbow joint, resulting in pain, swelling, and stiffness. A person also experiences difficulties in moving the elbow, including straightening and bending it. An injury or inflammation of the biceps and the triceps (the muscles that cross the elbow), due to strenuous physical exercise or activities can also cause pain and discomfort in the elbow.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: The Ulnar Nerve is present on the inner side of the elbow. Compression of this nerve resulting from leaning on the elbow over and over again can cause numbness and pain in the elbow, a condition known as Cubital Tunnel Syndrome.
In addition to these, an elbow pain can also be caused by a sprain, fracture, bone dislocation, and tenosynovitis (inflammation of the tendon sheath), to name a few.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!