Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A.J MullaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old boy and I am having pain on right side of my face over the cheeks beside the nose and also feeling a type of headache over right eye on forehead section. Please tell me what is happening and what are its home remedies?
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience.
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.
I'm 28 year old I suffered from chikangunya in 2006 after that I m having body pain continuous is there any treatment.
Hello sir my name Is Mustaq hussain khan and since from one and half week I am having headache and body pain also what is the exactly issue can you suggest. Me.
Hello sir and mam. 3 year ago I went for neuro surgery. And I was treatment. Now I have diabetes. And I have control over it. But the main problem is my legs are very paining and I went through many doctors. But the pain is not going. So, what will I do. Please tell me the right path. I will be grateful to you.
Im 28 years old female. Recently diagnosed with early cervical spondylitis. Can feel the beating of veins above the neck region. Sometimes the heart beats r so fast that I panic And can not take a full breath. Slight pain in the left breast sometimes. Suddenly the heartbeats get faster. Please help.
I have a body pain since 5 days and I fever since yesterday night give me a suggestions to what to do?
Im newly married and after my marriage I started facing many problems like weakness and mild fever all the time. My body also pains when I engage myself in little household works. Before my marriage I never used to face any of these problems. Tell me any solution to my problem.
I have fever for over two days. I have headache, and body pain. What are the medicines suggest for me?
Hi, My body pains very high for last 2 months still now i am using pain killers And ailments but no one not working please suggest medicine.
I have cough and fever with bodyache. Feeling extremely tired and wants to sleep always. Please suggest what medicines should I take?
I am having pain in my head and foot pain .all of body pain and feel low body in this summer condition. What should i do?
I have thyroid and gained weight about 117 KGS and used thyronorm 100mcg then I'm getting body pains.
Crossing your fingers can dull physical pain, study finds
Confuse your brain and dull the pain. Thanks, science!
Crossing your fingers confuses your brain long enough to mess with feelings of hot, cold, and pain, a new study has found, offering a brief respite if you happen to sustain a physical injury in the area.
The study makes use of a classic pain experiment called the thermal grill illusion, which involves subjecting the index and ring fingers to heat (40°C/104°F) while applying a cold sensation (20°C/68°F) to the middle finger using special thermal pads.
In the experiment, if a person just touches the hot or cold thermal pads, they will feel only hot or cold sensations respectively. But touching them together creates the illusion of burning heat, as Hannah Devlin explains at The Guardian:
"The illusion works because the hot sensation in the outer two fingers blocks the activity in a certain cooling receptor under the skin and this "inhibition" spills out to the surrounding area of the hand.
Activity in the cooling receptors in turn normally blocks the activity of pain receptors that are sensitive to extreme cold. As a result only mild cold is now needed to produce a painful burning sensation in the middle finger - hence the illusion."
So effectively, the simultaneous heating and cooling creates an illusion because the brain is trying to reconcile a three-way interaction between the nerve pathways that are trying to send it signals about warmth, cold and pain, all at once.
The thermal grill illusion is the perfect solution for scientists wanting to experiment with and research pain sensations in humans, because it creates the feeling without causing any lasting physical damage.
So could people with chronic pain learn to use simple positioning and carefully applied stimuli to dull painful sensations and help them to better live through debilitating disorders? That’s what they are going to try and figure out now. In the meantime,The Guardian has got some great advice to get you through your next barefoot LEGO encounter:
"Previously, scientists have shown that swearing when you hurt yourself is not only a vocal expression of agony, but that it also reduces pain. The study, by the University of Keele, found that when people were free to let rip verbally, they could cope with mild pain for nearly 50 percent longer than those who said neutral words, such as 'table'."
Cursing is the best medicine, apparently.