Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. A C JohariYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 23 years old, suffering chronic sinusitis, already get operated and polyps removed, my latest ct scan impression is no evidence of sinus but still phlegm in throat and cough
I am suffering from esphagitis grade a and taken few medicine to suppress the acid reflux. But along with that I am having sore throat since last 4-5 months. Please my doctor says that I don' t have any issue in throat but I am still feeling pain and sore throat. Please please advice what could be the reason of the throat pain. Thanks in advance.
I got throat infection from past 2 days. I got fever on the first day. I used Azithromycin Tablets (AZAX-500). There is no use of it. I giggled with hot salt water once in a day on both days and took hot water for drinking almost all the times. Now I started coughing. Please suggest me some good medicine. Thanks in Advance.
I have an operation of tonsils 3 year ago but I have more and more pain in my throat when I eat a sour food item.
I have a very serious problem of running nose kindly tell me what to do and what to not? Please advise.
Nose blooding problem. Every 7th or 8th day come blood last two month. I consulted to many Doctor and also admit in medico hospital in Ranchi. To many test report but no result found. Tell me the suggestions.
My cousin sister feels sleepy when it's bed time but she is unable to sleep as her mind is always awake. Her eyes gets dizzy but she cannot sleep.
I am suffering from cough nd throating from past few weeks what should I do to cure my jammed throat.
Last week week I clear dust of my ear I feel some pain and notice some blood on cotton is it fearable? What should I do?
I have small problem with my ears last night whenever I am doing my bath some water enter into my ear from that moment my ear cannot audible as like early please tell me solution for my problem.
I am 27 years old. From last 4 months my smell sense has decreased and consulted a doctor. He prescribed for CT Scan and after seeing scan report he told that I am suffering from nasal polyps (Allergy) has increased in all sinuses and has to do surgery by endoscopy method. Is it compulsory to go for surgery or it can be treated by medicine.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.