Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A A ChikhalikarYour feedback matters!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hello please doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
A person Having severe dry cough, fever, chills, sweat. Chest X-ray says water in right lung. Tb test result - antigen tube 3.41 and nil tube - 0.41. Does these value mean that the person has tb?
HIV or the human immunodeficiency virus is a virus which causes HIV infection and leads to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. HIV affects a person in various ways over time. HIV patients are commonly characterized by tiredness and intense fatigue. There are many causes, which lead to fatigue and there are ways to reduce fatigue as well.
- HIV virus as a cause of fatigue: HIV is a long-term infection in nature, and our body provides strong immunity to respond the virus. A lot of energy is capitalized for constantly fighting against the HIV. Fatigue slowly develops as a result of this. Some HIV patients have a high viral load and are likely to develop more fatigue. Energy is regained after starting HIV treatment.
- HIV treatment as a cause of fatigue: Anti-HIV drugs help to improve energy levels in patients, but they lead to fatigue as well. These medicines include a lot of side effects such as tiredness and excess fatigue. These side effects are more common in the early phase of treatment.
In order to avoid this fatigue, you may change your mode of treatment or consult your doctor for a change in your medical prescription. Medicines such as cotrimoxazole, dapsone, pyrimethamine, toxoplasmosis and ganciclovir lead to fatigue. Folic acid can be an alternative. Blood transfusion can also be conducted to treat fatigue due to medicines, which produces a quick burst of red blood cells. Injecting a hormone named erythropoietin also stimulates red blood cell production.
- Low vitamin and mineral levels: Low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body cause fatigue. You can avoid fatigue of this kind by choosing a balanced diet by consulting a dietician. Changing your diet and taking dietary supplements helps in reducing fatigue. Fatigue may also be caused because of anaemia.
- Sleep disorders and stress: Fatigue is bound to develop in HIV patients who suffer from sleeplessness. Insomnia, the most common sleeping disorder, occurs among HIV patients. It happens due to stress, anxiety and depression. Improving upon your sleep ensures correction of the fatigue to a great extent. You can take up counselling or therapies to reduce any kind of sleeping disorder due to stress. You should avoid consuming excess of coffee, alcohol and several recreational drugs. You must also change your lifestyle and daily routine, aiming to be more productive.
Fatigue and tiredness are common among all HIV patients, which occur because of various reasons. There are remedies to get over the fatigue which should be implemented correctly.
I am suffering from constipation from last 9 year I have taken treatment from many doctor. Endoscopy also has been done but nothing works I drinks plenty of water and control on my diet but in the morning I never feel fully fresh. There is too much gas in my stomach. My condition very but I have visited to many doctor no one can help me.
When I have headache I take saridon and then sometimes it gives relief and after some hours it started again. What to do in this case?
I am married and get merry last year but now I feel I am not good in sex. Because I lost my self very soon. What to do.
Toenail fungus is a medical condition that begins as a yellow or white coloured spot under the tip of your toenail but goes on to discolour, thicken and crumble your toenail as the infection grows. If left untreated, the condition can go on from being mild to severely painful. Here are some sure-shot ways that can help you to get rid of your toenail fungus.
1. Oral anti-fungal medications
Such drugs not only replace the infected part in the old nails but also help new nails to grow free from infection. The treatment may be time-consuming but it is definitely reliable. Oral anti-fungal drugs when combined with topical anti-fungal therapies serve to solve your ailment in the best possible manner.
2. Medicated nail polish
Anti-fungal nail polish is another non-surgical medical treatment for toenail fungus. It can be applied and re-applied on the infected nail at regular intervals.
3. Medicated nail cream
Topical anti-fungal creams prescribed by the doctor can be used to get rid of toenail fungus. It works best on thin nails.
1. Nail removal
Severe and painful toenail fungus can be best treated by removing the infected nail altogether. A new nail naturally and gradually grows in its place.