Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A A ChikhalikarYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am getting shock or prickling kind of thing from 4 days. Earlier it was near to left side of chest with little high version. Now I feel left leg and few time right one. I have tested heart related initially and doctor said it is normal. I feel weakness and feel sleepy by 9 pm only where as used to sleep 11 pm. What may be the reason?
My daughter has a problem of urinating in sleep at this age. Although she does not do this every night. She says that she dreams of urinating. I'm little bit worried. Please help.
My mother is 40 years old and she is suffering from piles since last 2-3 weeks and another major problem is that as soon as she completes her eating food motions (i.e.usage of wash room) are taking place instantly so please suggest her medicines ayurvedic or homeopathy to prevent it (piles) as early as possible.
I have a feel of having small and thin penis with less or improper erection. I work in a corporate company with lots of stress sexually not active. Advise what to take in a manner of not getting side effect and getting fast result or something homeopathic.
Once I had dengue fever. After that I didn't had any non veg items. Was that advisable to have non veg?
I am male, 52 years old, my hba1c level is 8.2. And fasting sugar is 142. What medicine I should take? And what should be my diet? please.
I am 25 years old. I am sufferring with heart burning and I have gerd and hiatal hernia. What should I do?
How can one make his body fit strong and attractive ? Is there is any effect of masturbation on body? So which things we should prefer to do and eat.
I am doing masturbate daily for past 9 years. My penis size is very small (one inch - two inch in erection) Is that the reason for masturbate? I know this is the bad habit but I can't control it. Is it affect my sexual happiness with my pair in future?
Hello sir, I'm suffering from nightfall from last 4-5 years and I face it every day and now I'm losing my weight day-by-day. I don't know when I discharge in dream. I think I have lost all my control. So now I think that it is a big issue n not a common problem in my age. My age is 22 years and I have taken many treatment but never get control on it. I don't masturbation frequently. It may b after a long distance of 3-4 months when I masturbation. So please help me and reply me with your consultation, total time to get normal and the total expected cost for the treatment.
There are hard nodes on sides and back of my neck. They are sometimes paining. I cannot speak aloud due to weakening of vocal cords. If I speak loud, I feel vomiting.
The movement between bones and muscles is possible due to the fluid filled sacs that enable smooth gliding of the bones. When there is an inflammation of these sacs, condition known as bursitis results, leading to friction, reduced movement, painful movement, discomfort, and irritation.
Some of the common causes of bursitis include age, which brings along reduced elasticity of the tendons and ligaments. Additionally, sudden injury to the bursa area, repetitive stress, overuse of the ligaments or tendons, incorrect posture, and improper exercise can all lead to bursitis.
The most commonly affected parts are the elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles. The dull, aching pain that ensues is accompanied by stiffness. Movement can worsen this pain. The area can be red, hot, and swollen indicating infection. Whatever the area affected, some of the common ways to manage bursitis pain are listed below.
- Rest: As soon as bursitis is identified, the area must be rested. As noted, in most cases, repetitive stress and injury is the most common cause, and resting the area really helps.
- Ice only: If bursitis is happening for the first time, then an ice pack alone should help reduce the pain in 1 to 2 days.
- Ice and moist heat: If it is happening repeatedly, then alternating moist heat and ice for 15 minutes each will help. This can be done two to three times a day.
- Anti-inflammatories: In most cases, if rest and topical therapy are not working, then the regular anti-inflammatory agents may be given.
- Physical Therapy: In some cases, mild exercises can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide): This clear, colorless, oily liquid is made from wood pulp and helps in reducing the inflammation caused by bursitis. A 70% DMSO mixture can be applied with cotton on the affected area 3 times a day for 3 days, then 2 times a day for the next 3 days, and then 1 time a day for the next 3 days. If there is no improvement in the first 3 days, it needs to be discontinued.
- Foods to remove calcium deposits: In a number of cases, bursitis that is present for months or years is worsened due to the calcium deposits. Foods like apple cider vinegar can help dissolve the calcium deposits that could have formed in the bursa.
- Steroids: Local injections of corticosteroids may be necessary in some cases. Though inflammation can be curtailed with this, there is always the fear of hampered immunity and altered sugar levels.
- Surgical drainage: In very rare cases, the bursa may need to be surgically drained.
Bursitis is a very common issue and can be managed easily as well. Consult your doctor and avoid medicating on your own.