Doctor in Tender Skin International
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Tender Skin InternationalYour feedback matters!
Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are taken from a donor site (usually the side or back of the head) and implanted on the recipient site that is on the area of baldness. This is a common treatment for men with androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) where the hair follicles reduce due to the influence of androgenic hormones. It can also help women with female pattern baldness.
Many people have reservations about the procedure but hair transplantation comes with a number of advantages, such as:
1. Natural growth after surgery - The biggest and most obvious benefit of hair transplantation is that it improves your physical appearance and eliminates the problem of balding completely. This is because the implanted hair follicles continue their natural growth process after they have been transplanted. So, your hair does not look artificial. Premature bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence issues which can be effectively addressed by the surgery.
Uniform distribution of hair follicles. Hair transplantation with latest techniques gives natural distribution of hair and proper coverage to bald areas.
2. Easy procedure and no side effects - The operation is done under local anaesthesia. You will feel no pain throughout the procedure. Very comfortable procedure and you will be awake throughout the procedure. This surgery is done at the level of skin and this is not related to the brain. There is no side effect of this surgery. Today, the surgeons mostly use micro grafts which are placed in such a way that all bald spots are covered with minimal effort.
3. One-time procedure - Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution of baldness. No medical treatment for baldness is permanent. Once hair transplantation has been done, it lasts a lifetime. Since the grafts are made of your own hair, they continue to grow naturally throughout your lifetime allowing you to cut or style your hair as you wish.
Losing of hair at an alarming rate can be a very intimidating sight, especially if you are young. Although it is okay to experience gradual hair loss with age, but a sudden burst of it can hamper your self-confidence and image. Today, due to high levels of pollution and stress, hair loss has become a growing concern among the majority.
Ayurveda states that hair is a by-product of the bone tissue formation (Asthi). Any disruption in the tissue metabolism can severely affect the quality of the hair. It is also dependant on the digestive fire of the body. It is based on the philosophy that people suffer from diseases due to imbalance of energy in the body. When the organic processes in the body are restored to its original state, this energy itself can be channeled to fight diseases effectively. Ayurveda terms consistent hair loss as ‘khapitya’ and it categorized under ‘shirorga’.
Romakupagata/Keshamulagata, also called bhrajaka pitta dislodges the hair from its roots. Sleshma/Kapha along with rakta obstructs the hair roots, which in turn does not allow new other hair to grow.
Other causes include-
- Accumulation of excess toxins in the body leads to ‘pitta dosha’, which obstructs the flow of blood, and other nourishing nutrients to the roots of the hair, resulting in a dry scalp, dry hair, thinning of hair and split ends.
- Iron deficiency in the body does not allow healthy bone growth and deteriorates the quality of hair.
Basti Treatment for hair loss-
Ayurveda first determines the body type or prakriti of every individual, after which hair fall treatment is decided and advocated. Ayurveda is a holistic approach, which diagnoses the core issue of hair fall, eliminates impurities from the body and provides natural remedies to stimulate growth of hair.
Basti is a traditional ayurvedic medicated ‘enema’ treatment where herbal oils and decoctions are inserted through the rectum to improve vata disorders. Vata, present in colon, is the main force behind the elimination of feces, bile, urine and other excreta. However, the bone tissues (asti dhatu) is also another predominant site for colon. The mucus membrane of the colon is the outer covering of the bones (peritoneum) and gives it nourishment. Therefore, basti treatment is effective in curing vata disorders.
There are eight types of herbal oils applied under the basti treatment. However, the following helps in improving hair loss-
- Anuvasana or oil enema is used to cure excess drying of the scalp.
- Niruha- Asthapana or the decoction enema used to clear the vata
- Matra Basti or the oil enema used for daily use heals chronic vata disorders. Besides this, no strict dietary restriction or exercising is necessary.
- Bruhana Basti is applied to provide adequate nutrients in the body and make up for the loss.
Therefore, the Ayurvedic treatment of Basti is a cost effective and highly beneficial treatment to curb excessive hair loss.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation-
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results
Ageing is the only inevitable truth. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. Skin loses collagen as you grow older and collagen is the element in your skin which keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging.
The causes behind ageing of skin can be both extrinsic as well as intrinsic. The main classifications of the causes are:
- Biological: This is an intrinsic factor which relies on the genes of the body and hence, it is out of our control. Naturally, with age, the regenerating capabilities of your body gradually lose pace due to the various hormonal changes that occur over time. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way in helping your skin look as young as possible.
- Environmental: Being an extrinsic factor, environmental factors that cause the skin to age can be controlled. Some of these factors, such as pollution, harmful rays of the sun, stress and unfavourable weather conditions are capable of damaging the skin. Sun exposure i.e. exposure to the UV rays of the sun, is deemed to be the primary reason behind skin ageing.
- Mechanical: Repeated behaviour over an extended period of time, such as frowning, squinting, smiling, etc., can cause grooves to be formed on the skin. These grooves may be permanent and hence, contribute to ageing skin.
How do you treat it?
A holistic approach is extremely vital for the treatment as well as control of ageing skin. The quality and features of skin differ among individuals and hence, the needs of the skin will vary too. Due to this reason, depending on the skin types and needs of the person, the skin care routine needs to be specialised and focussed.
To facilitate a specialised approach to ageing skin, a thorough analysis would be conducted by the dermatologists to understand what the skin needs and accordingly, diagnose the causes and symptoms of ageing skin. The diagnosis will allow the dermatologist to estimate the severity of the skin problem. This analysis will help the doctors to determine the adequate approach to address the ageing skin. A combination of services and technologies would be recommended based on the analysis. This combination would incorporate methods such as collagen building (with foods such as berries and dark green veggies), micro derma peels and skin tightening, as well as effective home skin care products which can be used to boost the skin’s beauty. The proposed approach would work to fill wrinkles, boost collagen and tighten sagging skin to make the skin look as natural as possible.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.