Doctor in Sushrut Hospital & Research Centre
Submit a review for Sushrut Hospital & Research CentreYour feedback matters!
Great Doctor. But the apoointment was at 12noon and i got to see the doctor at 3:30PM. It was a first come first serve basis which Lybrate failed to inform. My dad has a medical problem so waiting for 3 and half hours was like hell to us. Worst app experience. Please do not provide appointment slots if the hospitals do not respect your time.
Bakul Rani Maiti
Highly experienced,excellent behaviour, freely speaking proud of mankind,but administrator of the concern hospital should give the more importance regarding direct guidance of Adbaniji.
It was great , unprecedented I brace myselfforcoming to meet him. Such a kind heart doctor I had never meet earlier.I would recommend him to all such patients
No words can be explained about GOD.He is my God because he saved my life.
Dr advani sir is great. God give them long life
Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostrate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chances of developing BPH increase after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet not know, why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarge prostate gland may do not complain of any discomfort.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion.
There are certain medicines which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example- diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to issues with bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage. Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are
1. Strain while urinating
2. Weak urine flow
3. Some dribbling after urination
4. Sudden urge to urinate
5. Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are
1. Waking during the night to urinate
2. Urinating frequently during the day and at night
3. Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but may be the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
- Persistent coughing
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.
Mujhe cancer hai kya karun 3 mahine se parshan hun kharcha bohot aayega treatment ka paise bhi nahi hai.
Pain in above hip region and have been diagnosed for prostate. But have constant pain for 8 months and all other diagnosis like CT scan, abdomen scan etc turned -ve. I have pain radiating to back and feel it might be expanding rather than subsiding. Get fever and increased pain after heavy work like playing badminton for couple of hours. Can you please let me know whom to consulted I have checked with gastric, General surgeon, Urologist but nothing came out till date despite taking heavy antibiotics.
Hi, I am suffering from enlarge prostate problem. Sonography report on 12.07.18 is prostatic volume appr. 22-23gm. Bladder volume 151ccpost void 13 cc. Incidentally left renal mid cal yx concretion-appr. 2-3 mm. I am taking Silofast D at night. Still I am suffering from urine burning & pain at lower part of stomach. I am also suffering from mild gastritis problem. Can I go for prostate surgery please Suggest your view & precautions to be taken.
Today my wife going to check left breast on ultrasound report came suggestive for fibroadenoma size of the lump is 2.4 cm × 0.8 doctor said get ready for surgery is best my question is surgery best or taking tablet's are best bcz her age 22 only if operation done before 23 she loss her style?
I am 23 years old and I have a lump in my left breast since 5 years. It is 5 cm in length. I does not pain over there but now a days my back pains a bit and sometimes armpit. Is the because of that or some other reason?
I am 72 years old and is under treatment for Prostrate Enlargement. I am using Tamdura capsule for last six months and now weight of prostrate gland is 37.7 g from earlier 52 .7g & post void residual urine volume is 54 c.c from earlier 93. 1 ml. Now should I discontinue Tamdura capsule and start using Prostagard D. Please advise.
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms-
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘breast mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of fibroadenoma-
The exact cause of fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – it is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Dangerous signs
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
- Transformation of fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
Treatment conventional treatment
1) fibroadenoma can subside on its own.
Cryoablation (use of extreme cold to destroy tissue) is safe and effective and less invasive method of treatment for fibroadenoma.
Surgical removal may be required in case of large fibroadenoma.
Homeopathy is strongly suggested in the treatment of fibroadenoma. Homeopathy can be given as a baseline treatment in mild and moderate cases whereas it has a good supporting role in advanced cases of tissue changes. The results using homeopathy in the cases of fibroadenoma are very good.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after studying patient’s complete case history. It enhances the body’s self-healing mechanism (immunity) thus a further recurrence of fibroadenoma can be prevented.