Doctor in Sun Chest Clinic
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Sun Chest ClinicYour feedback matters!
The most common respiratory disorder, asthma, is an allergy. Allergy is when the body’s immune system recognizes something in the system as foreign (or antigen) and produces what are known as antibodies. These antibodies cause allergic symptoms ranging from skin skin rashes to breathing issues to even anaphylaxis.
People who have asthma dread the spring season when the air is full of pollen, and they have severe attacks. In simple terms, what happens during asthma is the air pipes narrow down, leading to symptoms of chest congestion, breathlessness, coughing, and wheezing.
Ayurvedic belief is that asthma is caused due to some triggers like stress, exercise, cold air, and excessive pollen. These increase the Kapha component or dosha, which leads to mucus formation in the air passages leading to narrowing of the airways. Some causes include:
- Weak lung tissues
- Damp environment
- Cold and/or stale food
- Increased ama (mucus) formation
Strange as it may sound, Ayurveda believes that impaired digestion causes asthma.
Management: Ayurvedic belief is that managing asthma requires effort aimed at various things including food changes, exercise, and airway management. Some of the significant tips are listed below.
- Increase consumption of honey and warm liquids like herbal teas
- Eat a lot of old cereals and whole grains (rice, barley, oats, green grams, etc.)
- Reduce dairy products as they are difficult to digest and hard on the stomach
- Avoid white flour, oily foods, sugary foods, cold-stored foods, processed foods, and fried foods. These again are hard on the stomach and not easily digested.
- Exercise should be done in moderation, as too much exercise can add to the shortness of breath and congestion
- Try various home remedies and repeat what works for you well. Black pepper powder in warm milk can help relieve the congestion.
- Ginger root can be powdered along with black pepper and stored as a powder. This can be mixed in warm water or milk and consumed 3 to 4 times a day
- Steam inhalation where cumin seeds can also be added to the water is found to be very beneficial.
- A concoction of guava leaves, black pepper, milk, and water can be boiled. This, when consumed for over 6 to 8 months, helps improve immunity.
- Neti therapy where the nasal passages are cleared of mucus is also a very effective way to improve breathing and keep the airways clear.
- Stress management either through meditation or mild exercise is very important, as asthma is known to worsen during periods of stress.
- Herbal oil massages also help improve circulation and nerve supply and therefore improve immunity.
Ayurveda believes these improve immunity and thereby control asthma. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lungs are two cone shaped spongy organs of respiration are contained within the pleural cavity of the thorax. They are connected with pharynx through trachea larynx. The base rests on the diaphragm. The primary purpose of the lungs is to bring air blood into intimate contact so that oxygen can be added to the blood carbon dioxide can be removed. Adenosarcoma use ally arise from outer areas of the lungs. Cancer may appear as an ulcer in the windpipe, a nodule or small flattened lump blocking the air tubes. It may invade surface of tubes & extend to lymphatics blood vessels. About 40 to 45% of lung cancers are squamous cell cancers.
This cancer, even well advanced, produces no out ward symptoms. Cough is the most common symptom it may also triggger shortness of breath wheezing. Cough can be taken as ordinary symptom & this is way treatment is delayed. By the time, lung cancer is found the patient is nearly dead.
80% about of lung cancers are produced by smoking. Sometimes coal tar asbestos products can also produce it. Smoking causes lung cancer in two ways. First of all smoke inhalation damages the normal cleaning process by which the lung protects itself from the injury. Bronchi tube like structure, conduct inhaled air to the lung tissues. Hair like cilia beat in rhythmic fashion to move the mucous membranes continually upwards from the lung, removing any inhaled particles trapped in the sticky mucus. On account of these changes, the lung cannot keep itself clean. A person who has smoked for about 20 years is at the maximum risk of this type of cancer. Smoking includes passive smoking. All of them are harmful to the lungs.
Under the microscope examination of sputum. Examination of the airways is done by passing a tube through the mouth or nose into the airways subdivision of each lung. If an obstructing tumor is seen its biopsy is done. Needle biopsy when the cancer cannot be detected by test no. 2 a fine needle is introduced through the chest wall directly in the tumor with the help of x -ray guidance. A small sample is taken out for biopsy. Cat scan. Surgery.
Homeopathic patient treatment symptoms and signs or medicines apply.