Doctor in STEM RX
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of Urine Leakage
Treatment of Urinary Incontinence
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Sensitive Bladder
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Urinary Passage Disorders
Treatment of Epididymitis
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Urethral Stricture
Submit a review for STEM RXYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The mention of the word "orgasm" is enough to numb your senses. It is like a pleasure trip that nobody wants to end. It gives a person an inexplicable eternal feeling, a climax that most couples wait for with bated breath. As known to all, an orgasm is a zenith of a sexual interaction or intercourse. You will seldom come across a person who doesn't enjoy an orgasm.
Sex without an orgasm can be quite dull and boring.
Have you ever been intrigued as to why an orgasm feels so good? What is it that makes an orgasm such an enjoyable experience? This article is an attempt to unravel this simple yet important query that has been baffling people for long.
An orgasm is a way our body reacts physiologically on being sexually aroused. Though the level of excitement and its impact may vary from person to person, most people (both men and women) feel good and euphoric on reaching an orgasm. There is an interesting science behind this. It is important to mention that the brain plays a pivotal role in an orgasm. As in any other organ of the body, there are numerous nerve endings present in the genitalia. These nerve endings are in turn connected to the brain and the spinal cord via the large nerves.
In this regard, the nerves that are instrumental in sending the signals and the stimulation to the brain (different regions of the brain) on being aroused or excited sexually include
- The Pelvic nerve is responsible for sending signals from the rectum (in both the sexes) and also from the vagina and cervix (women).
- The Hypogastric nerve is responsible for sending signals from the prostate (men) and also from the uterus and the cervix (women).
- The Vagus nerve (the longest of the 12 cranial nerve) is only involved in sending the signals from the cervix, uterus, and vagina in women.
- The Pudendal nerve transmits the signals from the scrotum and penis in men. In women, it transmits the signals from the clitoris.
The signals sent to the brain during an orgasm results in its activation, especially the reward circuits or the pleasure center. The pleasure center is responsible for all kinds of pleasurable feelings in a person. The areas mainly affected by the sexual excitement include
- Amygdala: It is mainly involved in the regulation of emotions like sweating, increased heart rate, and blood pressure. • Ventral tegmental area (VTA): It is responsible for the release of the neurotransmitter, Dopamine.
- Nucleus accumbens: The nucleus accumbens is an important part that controls or regulates the release of dopamine.
- Others: Cerebellum (maintains and coordinates the muscular activities in the body) and the Pituitary gland (responsible for the release of vasopressin, oxytocin, and beta-endorphins).
The arousal, followed by activation, acts as a catalyst which further results in release of neurotransmitters and hormones. The more these neurotransmitters and hormones are released, more pleasure and excitement is experienced during the act.
Testosterone is the most important hormone that drives most of the male characteristics from their physique, stamina, energy, vigor, voice, to sexual performance. Higher the testosterone level, greater the masculine characteristics. It is no wonder then that most men want more testosterone flowing in their system. There are simple ways to increase testosterone flowing in your system; read on to know more.
- Eat more fat: While staying away from fat is the most common thing to do when body building, remember that testosterone is mainly made of cholesterol. So, a diet rich in fat directly translates to more testosterone. Mono-saturated and saturated fats are proven to be extremely beneficial for good testosterone production. Red meat, eggs, coconut oil, dark chocolate, cheese, peanut butter, fish, avocados, almonds, olive oil are all proven to be highly beneficial in improving testosterone levels.
- Include ingredients for testosterone: Include foods that are rich in zinc, vitamin D, D-aspartic acid, Di-indolyl-methane (DIM). Foods rich in zinc promote higher levels of testosterone production and so are advisable. Vitamin D is the most important vitamin in the production and availability of free testosterone in the body and is highly recommended for people wanting to have higher testosterone levels. D-aspartic acid is an amino acid that is essential for proper functioning of the neurotransmitters that control testosterone synthesis and release into the system.
- Modified gym routine: Contrary to what most people may think, long hours in the gym does not help you stay in better shape. Regular, drawn-out workouts with long rest periods and too many exercises aimed at building endurance are not necessarily good for testosterone levels. Optimal duration is about an hour, after which cortisol levels (stress hormones) go up and testosterone levels go down. Shorter rest periods between sets are also shown to be more effective. Also, there are specific exercises and workouts which are aimed at improving the testosterone levels. These workouts could be aimed at the legs, arms, back, chest, or shoulders. These moderate to high-intensity protocols stress large muscle masses, which stimulate testosterone production.
- Beat the stress: None of our lives are free of stress, but the trick lies in managing them well. Whether you have physical or mental stress, try and work on reducing it, by meditation, music, or any relaxation technique that works for you. Even cardio exercises, if not overdone, are a good way to relax. Try not to fatigue yourself during your workout. Have a well-balanced meal and a good sleep to manage stress better.
Talk to your instructor to know more about ways to improve testosterone production. Higher levels of testosterone take the quality of life to a different level. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Coitus is an activity meant to give the utmost pleasure. But do you know it could also be potentially dangerous when you try certain positions in your quest to experience the best sex ever? Yes, this is very much possible, and you must be aware of it to stay safe. Over the years most prevalent causes of penis injury are brought about by various potentially dangerous positions which are often used by couples. Some of them can lead to fracture of an erect penis and may cause a rupture in the cylinder lining responsible for the erection. Around 10 to 30 percent of the penis fracture cases recorded, it was noticed that the urethra is damaged and there could be gushes of blood in the urinary opening.
What are the common sex positions that can be dangerous?
There are several dangerous sex positions which include incline leg, the bodybuilder, the London Bridge and the triple lady are considered harmful for the optimal functioning of the sexual organs. Not only that, all these sex positions are quite difficult to perform and they can cause irreparable damage to the penis.
Even though you may think that it is fairly easy to understand if there had been a damage, the truth is that most men are hardly able to understand what has happened. And, most of the men are not ready to admit that they are not in control of their sexual functions, while some others don't want to acknowledge their injury.
How to prevent injury from these dangerous sex positions?
If you want to avoid such injury, you must never experiment with any sexual activity unusually or masturbate in an undesired way. If your penis is injured, it will leave a long-lasting impact on the quality of life you lead. Even though the initial pain may subside within a couple of days, the dangerous side effects will show up later. It may include loss of morning erection, pain during ejaculation, pain during erection, unsustainable erection, gross curvature and even shrinkage of the penis. Nobody would ever want to face all these issues by experimenting with your penis.
Along with these, too intense and vigorous sex in all forms is dangerous for both the man and the woman. It is essential to allow the body to prepare itself and when you are continuously reaching orgasm without allowing your body to deal with it, it may lead to unwanted complications.
How to recover from genital injury?
In case your genitals have already been injured, you should seek proper treatment without further delay. It will not only aid in accelerating the recovery of the damage but also restore the harmed nerve endings. It is always recommended to use an Ayurvedic form of treatment for it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!