Doctors in SmileKraft
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Treatment of Bad Breath
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Sensitive Teeth
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Oral Thrush
Treatment of Broken Teeth
Treatment of Tooth Decay
Treatment of Wisdom Teeth
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Submit a review for SmileKraftYour feedback matters!
Due to the hormonal changes that a female undrgoes during pregnancy ,it is mostly likely that any dental problems present will become severe. Hence its always recommended to get your dental treatment done before planning your pregnancy.Incase necessary they can be safely done under precautions during the second trimester.
Dental care tips for winters:
- Brush twice a day (must at night)
- Nobody can avoid chocolates and sweets. So after eating, try to rinse. Avoid sticky chocolates and if you consume it, don't chew let it dissolve slowly.
- Use straws to drink acidic juices and carbonated drinks, which reduces the contact of teeth with acid.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year
- Use brush with soft bristles
- Use proper brushing technique (circular technique for children and modified bass technique for adults)
- Proper alignment of tooth is essential for proper cleaning with brush. So if you have irregular alignment, visit dentist
- Never use medicated tooth paste without your dentist recommendation. Sensitivity in old age is quite common, for that you can use antisensitivity tooth paste. If it occurs in young age, kindly consult your dentist.
- Teeth color varies between individuals. For some, it may be mildly yellow shade. No need to worry about it.
- Pea-sized tooth paste is more than enough for brushing. No need to take huge amount as shown in some advertisements. Keep in mind that tooth paste is just a cleansing medium and its excessive use is neither essential nor recommended. It is better to use ayurvedic preparations.
- 1 - 2 min proper brushing is enough. If you are brushing more than that, it means you are removing your teeth enamel slowly. Remember your tooth paste contains abrasive agent too.
- Change your brush in every 3 - 4 months or once it gets flare. If it gets flared in one month means that you are giving excessive force that may abrade your teeth.
- All of us have microbial environment in our mouth. There are some good bacteria too. Even after brushing this microbial flora will be re-established. Tooth decay and bad breath occur not because of these microbes but because of the byproduct (acid, which dissolves enamel) produced by these bacteria in reaction with the food particles (mostly carbohydrates that contains sugar) deposited on tooth surface. So keep your teeth free from sticky carbohydrates not from microbes.
- Bad odor occurs due to various causes other than dental starting from common cold to cancer. So better check it.
- Bleeding gums occurs mostly due to plaque (deposits of dirt close to gums). But can also occur due to other causes like vitamin deficiency and several other.
- If your salivary secretion is not sufficient for cleansing action, you are more prone to tooth decay. So consume enough water.
- Tongue cleaning is also an essential part of brushing. So do it properly. Never over do it, which may cut your taste buds
- Teach proper brushing to your children before giving tooth brush and paste.
- Dental hygiene should be started immediately after birth that too after eruption of teeth.
- According to me, flossing is essential for those who have food impaction (lodging of food between two teeth). Otherwise, it's not of much importance.
- If you do proper brushing then there is no need of mouth washes. Remember there are certain mouth washes which on regular use results in stains and it only gives freshening effect not cleaning.
- These are certain oral advice never conclude your problem with this consult your doctor periodically for proper dental care
Smile keeps your body and minds healthy so care your teeth for a big smile
Smells comes out of mouth after every 3 hours of taking meal so what should I do so that smell shouldn't comes out for full day even after waking up in morning please answer truthly and fastly.
Hi, I am 22 and I brush my teeth twice a day but while brushing from 7 to 8 days. I had noticed that I got small amount of gap between in my teeth maximum there is a gap between 3/4 teeth please provide me your best suggestion dear doctor.
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing:
For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay, and also gum diseases at times.
1. Reduces the risk of heart diseases:
Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
2. Cleaner breath:
Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
3. Cleaner and glossier teeth:
Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
4. Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant:
During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
1. Waxed and unwaxed dental floss:
Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
2. Teflon Floss:
Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
3. Thread Floss:
This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
4. Tape Floss:
As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids maybe more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a tooth pick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
Please do not forget to do warm saline gargles - lukewarm water with the pinch of salt in it at least 3 times a day.
1. Bite firmly on the gauze pads covering each extraction site for atleast 30 min to help stop the bleeding
2. Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush teeth next to the extraction site for 48 hours.
3. Do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
4. If possible chew on the opposite side of your extraction site. Drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Strictly avoid hard, hot food & drinks for first 24 hours.
5. Avoid excessive mouth opening, yawning, spitting etc
6. If bleeding continues, call your dentist.
Frequently asked questions. As suggested by many clinicians does lemon and baking soda whiten teeth?
Baking soda and lemon juice are not a healthy way to whiten your teeth. Although the result may seem that your teeth are whiter you have actually eroded and abraded your teeth. Lemon juice is very acidic and will erode your teeth. Baking soda is very abrasive and will abrade your teeth. Together they can have a very destructive effect. Once enamel is lost, it is lost forever.
A healthier and more effective way to bleach your teeth is to do the in-office bleaching systems or the at home bleaching systems with bleaching trays. There is no way to know how much improvement you will get but you will see an improvement. Some over-the-counter whitening products can be effective if used as instructed.
A good way to keep your teeth white is to get your routine cleanings, minimize foods that can stain your teeth (coffee, tea, wine, soda etc.) and don't smoke. Also, you can use whitening toothpaste and keep the slurry that forms from brushing in your mouth for about 5 minutes. If done consistently for a few weeks you will notice an improvement.