Submit a review for Skin N Sex ClinicsYour feedback matters!
Male hypogonadism, also known as testosterone deficiency, is a failure of the testes to produce the male sex hormone testosterone, sperm, or both.Testosterone play an important role in sperm production.This condition can be due to a testicular disorder or the result of a disease process involving the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
This is of two types including:
Primary type of hypogonadism is also known as primary testicular failure, which originates from a problem in the testicles.
Secondary type of hypogonadism indicates a problem in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland through which parts of the brain that signal the testicles to produce testosterone
Either type of hypogonadism may be caused by an inherited (congenital) trait or something that happens later in life (acquired), such as an injury or an infection. At times, primary and secondary hypogonadism can occur together.
Common causes of primary hypogonadism include:
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Undescended testicles
- Mumps orchitis
- Injury to the testicles
- Cancer treatment
Causes of secondary hypogonadism:
A number of conditions can cause secondary hypogonadism, including:
- Kallmann syndrome
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory disease
- Concurrent illness
How Is Hypogonadism Diagnosed?
Your doctor will conduct a physical exam to confirm that your sexual development is at the proper level for your age. They may examine your muscle mass, body hair and your sexual organs.
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is the most commonly administered as a topical gel, transdermal patch or by injection and is the recommended treatment for male hypogonadism.
You can get testosterone replacement therapy by:
Injections of a gonadotropin releasing hormone may trigger puberty or increase your sperm production.
Patients can also improve testosterone levels with lifestyle changes, including:
- Losing weight
- Managing stress
- Getting adequate sleep
- Avoiding alcohol
- Giving up smoking.
In adult males, hypogonadism may alter certain masculine physical characteristics and impair normal reproductive function.
My problem is spontaneous ejaculation not premature ejaculation. It can happen any time any where with high anxiety level. During driving while getting late to some place etc. Kindly guide.
Plz help. I had unprotected sex on 15th n 16th February. That is the 23rd n 24th day from the first day of my last period. Can I get pregnant.
Dr. I think my sexual organ is small as I have heard about its size from others. Size is around 4 inches. Is it normal? What treatment should be done.
My sex time is hardly 60 to 90 seconds. How it can be increased, or just want to know the ideal time in seconds for an healthy normal human.
Oral sex is a form of sexual activity, which involves the arousal of one's genitalia by his/her partner using the mouth (tongue, lips and throat). It is also called Cunnilingus (performed on a female) and fellatio (performed on a male). It is done before intercourse and during foreplay for sexual arousal. It is safe as compared to vaginal or anal sex, the rate of getting a sexually transmitted disease or HIV is comparatively lower.
Oral sex can spice up your life and can also make your partner reach orgasm. It is also a safe way of getting sexual pleasure without getting pregnant. But necessary precautions must be taken in order to have safe oral sex.
Some of these necessary precautions are:
- You can get throat cancer from oral sex: Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a cancerous virus found in the body of infected people. This virus can be transmitted to the person with whom you are engaging in oral sex. Studies show that people who engage with more than 6 sexual partners at once are more prone to get oral cancer. It is advisable to get your partner tested for HPV virus before engaging in oral sex.
- Oral sex also causes stress: Oral sex is generally related to hygiene, therefore the partner can be self conscious and worried about his/her genital hygiene. If oral sex is performed on a daily basis, some people prefer to wax their pubic hair often. This is harmful because it can cause red bumps and burning sensation occurs. It is advisable to trim your pubic hair and wash it properly before engaging in oral sex.
- A condom should be worn by the male during oral sex so that there is no risk of male fluid entering the woman's body.
- A latex, which is made into a thin sheet called dental dam can be used on the vagina or anus. This creates a thin barrier between the mouth and the genitalia. Hence, chances of getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases are greatly reduced.
Oral sex can be pleasurable and fun, but the risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, gonorrhea and crabs is not altogether misplaced. So it is advisable to use proper protection and to maintain hygiene before engaging in oral sex.
I am doing sex with my partner at last night. We are afraid for pregnancy. Can you sugest me any medicine which has no side effect. Please reply me back.
Trichomoniasis is an infection that is caused by a parasite and is transmitted sexually. This disorder is characterized by symptoms of itching in the genitalia, smelly discharge from the vagina and pain while urinating. This disorder may also result in premature birth in case of pregnant women.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. Redness around the genitals, which may cause intense itching
2. You may experience pain during sexual intercourse and urination
3. A smelly colored vaginal discharge
4. You may experience discharge from the penis
5. A burning sensation during ejaculation and urination
6. A constant feeling of irritation in the penis
Causes behind it
The disorder is caused by a parasite known as Trichomonas vaginalis. Certain factors increase your chances of contracting this disorder; them being:
1. Engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse
2. If you have had an episode of Trichomoniasis
3. If you have been affected by STI/STDs before
4. Having multiple sex partners can certainly augment its chances
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this infection.
Avoid engaging in sexual activities once the condition is diagnosed.
If you are, it is always advised to use latex condoms during intercourse to decrease your chances of contracting this disease.
Avoid engaging in sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners. If this disorder is not treated, then it may increase your chances of getting affected by HIV as well.
It also tends to cause an early rupture of the membranes in pregnant women; resulting in premature delivery.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Is masturbation causes any problem to eye's I do masturbation once or twice in week I don't know why but my eyes are paining form inside. Please guide me.
She is always feeling sexy. She told me that her sex power is getting increase and some time she is unable to control. So want to decrease the sex power. What she need to do.
Am not able to get proper erection nor can I sustain it for long. Also my semen analysis states zero sperm count. please help me out.
What is Low Sex Drive?
Low sex drive, medically known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSSD), is a condition where you may notice a drop in the urge to have sex or engage in any sort of sexual activity. It is something that everyone may go through at some point in their life. However, if this prolongs, you may be suffering from HSSD and you need treatment for the same. According to statistics, about 15 percent of men and 30 percent of women go through this at some point of time but never pay much heed to it.
What Causes Low Sex Drive?
The factors that contribute to low sex drive may differ in men and women.
Causes In Men
Alcohol and or smoking
Low levels of testosterone
Drugs dealing with depression, blood pressure, etc.
Stress and anxiety related disorders
Lost spark in marriage
Causes In Women
Drugs, smoking, alcohol
Drugs for depression, blood pressure and pain
Stress and anxiety
Traumatic incidents in childhood, such as child abuse
Symptoms of Low Libido
Low sex drive happens over a period of time. If it happens over a few days, then it is nothing of great concern. However, if the symptoms persist over a span of few weeks then you may consider treatment. If you notice the following symptoms, then it may be low sex drive:
Sex has become less frequent
Your partner points out your disinterest in sexual activities
You feel too lazy to initiate sex
If you have stopped enjoying sex altogether
Sex is less dynamic and more mechanical
There is change in your pattern of desiring sex
Aversion to sex
No arousal even after sufficient stimulation
How To Treat it with Homeopathy?
Homeopathy helps to treat the underlying disease which may be responsible for low sex drive. There are number of cases in which low sex drive may be present without any other disease in the background. Homeopathy offers promising results in improving low sex drive. It helps in following ways:
Treating the underlying cause
Treatment of Erectile dysfunction
Reducing stress and improving your stress coping system
Replacing your antidepressant and anti-anxiety medicines, whenever possible
Enhancing your moods and stimulating your sex drive
Homeopathy is strongly recommended in the cases of Low sex drive or Loss of Libido. The homeopathy drugs that can be prescribed to you for boosting your libido are:
Argentum nitricum or silver nitrate
- Turnera diffusa or Damiana
Exercising regularly has many benefits for the body and many times these benefits can be life changing. It has been proved that doing exercise, sets the foundations for a happy sex life as well. While exercising, the brain releases endorphins that is the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex, but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
Here is how exercising routinely can improve the relationship in bed and make a huge difference:
- Blood circulation: Blood flows and the exciting sensation is very important prior to and during sex. When a person exercises regularly, then there is an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act.
- Release of endorphins: Having a clear mindset while having sex is very important. This is more important for women as they tend to over-ride things, thus working best when they have a clear mind and are able to concentrate only on the sexual act. When orgasm is achieved then endorphins are released, which is basically a mood elevating chemical. It makes a person feel good and gives your body and mind a relaxed feeling along with euphoria. Endorphins are usually released during exercise, sports and sex. Along with the endorphins putting stress at bay and lifting the mood, they also clear the mind for the sexual activity.
- Longer and stronger orgasms: On an average orgasm in men and women lasts for 10 to 20 seconds, respectively. With exercise one can easily extend this time, pleasure and strength of the orgasm. On contraction of the pelvic floor muscles an orgasm is achieved. When these muscles are kept strong then a longer orgasm is achieved. Sacrum is the area which supports the pelvis and spine; when it is exercised with glutes then it helps in strengthening the muscles. Also, kegels, squats, and pelvic thrusts are some of the exercises, which can be done.
- Increases self confidence: A sexiest trait, that someone can show is that they feel good and confident about the way they look. Studies prove that people who exercise regularly and have good fitness levels display good confidence in their sexual acts and desirability.
- Exercises the brain: It is said that a great sex usually starts in the mind and the brain is a mighty sex organ. Thus, it is of utmost importance that the brain must be fed with nurturing information, so that it becomes stronger. Research backs that by simply changing the way we think can change the brain to react to situations.
Testicular torsion is one of those ailments which causes a lot of pain and might lead to a urologic emergency. This is a condition where a cord which carries blood to the testicles gets twisted and causes pain. This cord is known as the spermatic cord. When the spermatic cord is twisted, not only does it stop the normal blood flow to the testes but it may also affect the flow of blood to other parts of the scrotum. This may also result in pain in other areas of the scrotum, not directly affected by the spermatic cord.
Some of the symptoms of the twisting of the spermatic cord may include one or multiple signs among the following:-
- A painful scrotum - One of the most obvious symptoms of this condition is a pain in the scrotum which varies according to the severity of the condition. Some of these issues may be caused by deformities within the scrotum or may even be brought on by injuries faced while exercising or playing sports.
- Abdominal pain - While pain in the scrotum is an obvious symptom, it may develop later and may, in fact, infest itself in the initial phases in the form of abdominal pain. This is a tell-tale sign and if it progresses to scrotal pain, it may be a clear indication of testicular torsion.
- Unusual testes position - With the gradual onset of pain in the scrotum, another indication is the abnormal positioning of one scrotum above the other. With the spermatic cord twisted, one of the testicles may rise above the other and stay that way causing pain.
- Physical discomfort - Some patients may even face nausea and vomiting. The pain in these cases will not manifest directly but will induce these symptoms. In such cases, the patients should consult the doctor urgently.