Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Sanjeevani HospitalYour feedback matters!
Do you know one night’s bad sleep is enough to make adults age faster as they lack sleep which directly impacts the biological aging of the body? According to scientific findings, sleep deprivation boosts the molecular processes involved in growing older -- may be connected to a greater risk of diseases.
So if you’re following a bad sleep routine or finding difficulty in sleeping adequately and efficiently every night:
Develop your biological clock for sleeping: The first step to beat bad sleeping habit and even insomnia is to develop your biological clock. Initially, if you cannot sleep on time, then at least set your wake up time same each day. Develop this routine every day and avoid temptations like sleeping late on weekends even if you have had poor sleep during the week. Such temptations further disrupt the sleeping clock of the body and put a person on vicious circle of bad sleep routine.
Do not eat or drink right before going to bed. Eating a late dinner or snacking before going to bed can activate the digestive system and keep you up. If you suffer from gastroesophageal reflux or heartburn, it is even more important to avoid eating and drinking right before bed since this can make your symptoms worse. In addition, drinking a lot of fluids prior to bed can overwhelm the bladder, requiring frequent visits to the washroom that can eventually disturb your sleep.
Allot a specific time to plan your next day: Generally, people have the tendency to think about the incidences that have happened today and keep worrying about tomorrow when they put their head on a pillow. Avoid doing it by allocating a dedicated time, perhaps next day morning to review yesterday and to plan for today. Remember at end of the day, human brain reaches it maximum exhaustion level and the brain’s possibility to find the solution is weakest whereas converting worries is at its peak.
Reduce stress If you find yourself too stressed when you put your head on the pillow then it’s a good practice breathing exercises and meditation before going to bed. Even playing melodious music is good that can reduce your stress levels too and help you to get a sound sleep.
Put your mobile phone in an airplane mode before you go to sleep: A major reason for a lot of people to suffer sleep deprivation and insomnia in today’s time is their habit to play with their smartphones, texting, chatting or checking Facebook updates in bed.
Influenza viruses spread from human to human via aerosols created by coughs or sneezes of infected individuals .The incubation period of influenza ranges from 18-72 hours. Viral shedding occurs at the onset of symptoms or just before the onset of illness (0-24 h). Shedding continues for 5-10 days. Young children may shed virus longer, placing others at risk for contracting infection with the virus. Shedding may persist for weeks to months in highly immunocompromised persons.
The presentation of influenza virus infection varies; however, it usually includes many of the symptoms shown here. Patients with influenza who have preexisting immunity or who have received vaccine may have milder symptoms. Abrupt onset of illness is common. Fever may vary widely among patients, with some having low fevers (in the 100°F range) and others developing fevers as high as 104°F (40°C). Sore throat can be severe and may last 3-5 days. In children diarrhea may be a feature.
Findings of standard laboratory studies, such as a complete blood cell count and electrolyte levels, are nonspecific but helpful in the workup of influenza. Leukopenia and relative lymphopenia are typical findings in influenza. Thrombocytopenia may be present.
Most frequently, hospitalization is necessary when influenza exacerbates underlying chronic diseases. Some patients, especially elderly individuals, may be too weak to care for themselves alone at home. On occasion, the direct pathologic effects of influenza may require hospitalization; most commonly, this is influenza pneumonia.
Patients with influenza generally benefit from bed rest, and most patients recover in 3 days; however, malaise may persist for weeks. After the development of influenza, antiviral agents can reduce the duration and severity of illness. To be effective, the medications must be administered within 40 hours of symptom onset. Oseltamivir is taken orally (75 mg bid for 5 d).
The influenza vaccine is recommended by the World Health Organization and United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for high-risk groups, such as children, the elderly, health care workers, and people who have chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, or are immuno-compromised among others.
Do you like to eat processed foods, and gorge on them a lot to stay away from cooking? It is important for you to know that processed foods are bad for your health and it is best that you avoid consuming them. Although all food items we eat are mechanically processed in certain ways, chemical processing, which is the primary feature of processed food items, is hazardous for your health.
Here are the major reasons why you should not eat processed food items.
- Processed food contains high amounts of sugar and fructose corn syrup: It is a known fact that excessive consumption of sugar in any form is not good for your health. Processed food products are loaded with sugar in huge amounts and also contain high fructose corn syrup, which is equally harmful in excess. Sugar basically has empty calories, which contain no important nutrients. Sugar also has dreadful effects on your body metabolism and may lead to high triglycerides, increased cholesterol levels, insulin resistance, and excess accumulation of fat in your abdominal cavity and liver.
- Processed food is hyper rewarding in nature and over consumption gets likely: Processed food items, because of their high content of sweet and fat, become a sort of addiction for many people. The reward centers of your brain acknowledge them, and as a result, you develop a constant craving for such food stuff.
- Processed food contains harmful artificial ingredients: It is likely for you to not understand the names of ingredients, which processed foods are made of. This is because of the reason that maximum of these ingredients are not actually natural, but are artificial chemicals which get added for several purposes such as preservation, maintaining aroma and much more. These chemicals are associated with several harmful effects on your health. The common ingredients of highly processed foods include the following:
- Chemical preservatives for preventing processed food from rotting
- Chemical colourants, which induce attractive and unique colours to processed foods
- Chemical flavors for giving specific flavours
- Texturants for proving a particular, specific texture to processed foods
The hyper rewarding nature of processed food can lead to severe consequences in many people. It is possible for you to become addicted to processed foods, and lose total control over your consumption rate. This problem of addiction to processed fast foods is a major problem in today’s world. It is an important reason for obesity, which is a prominent health concern today all over the world.
Sir main bhaut dino se sex related problem face kar Raha hun main jaise hi penetrate karta hun mera sperm Nikal jaata hai mujhe samajh nahi aa raha kya karun phele Aisa nahi tha abhi maine Jim join kiya uske baad ye problem chalu hui mere bacche nahi hai par mujhe lagta nahi hai ki ab main baap ban sakta hun please meri help kijiye mujhe foreplay main problem nahi hai par jaise hi penis pe pressure padta hai ejaculate ho jata hai please help me.
Hii doctor I have suffering from premature ejaculation and my penis is not so hard so please suggest me what should I do. Can I take himalaya confido tablets if I take so please tell me about daily dosage.
I feel less of erection lately though I am a healthy man of 48 years and have had a very active sexual life. Lesser erection is causing stress as I am not able to enjoy the goodness of sex frequently.
Suffering from antral and body erosive gastritis. Doctor had told me to take nexpro kit for 2 weeks. After taking clarithromycin and amoxicillin pain and burning starts to occur in my stomach. When will I recover completely from this disease. Swallowing nexpro kit medicine for the last 01 week.
How to gain Vitamin D? What all are rich sources/ activities and are the side effects of those diets/activities? Like, consuming egg yolk will help in Vitamin D but yet will contribute to higher cholesterol: how to manage in this case? Regards.
I am feeling pressure behind my eyes and little headache also .What are the reasons and treatment for this?
Hi. I am unable to conceive m trying since 8 months n I had a scan n doctor has said that you r suffering from polycystic ovary n gave ginette tablets for 2 months n said it wil b cured. N said after that you wil conceive faster. Is this advice correct.
Urinary incontinence is a common problem that afflicts many adults around the world. Stress related urinary incontinence is a fairly common problem that afflicts many as well. This form of incontinence is usually caused by physical activity, which exerts pressure on the bladder and may cause the leakage of small amounts of urine.
Triggers and Symptoms for stress urinary incontinence:
In terms of urinary problems, stress is used to describe physical problems in particular and not mental stress. So the triggers or risk factors of it could be any of the following:
- Sexual activity
This form of urinary incontinence is very common in women who are older or have already been through menopause. It may also be common for women who have recently given birth or are pregnant. The urethra or the bladder may become prone to external stress and then involuntarily leak out some urine.
The causes can be quite varied from patient to patient but are primarily attributed to the weakening of the pelvic muscles, bladder or the sphincter. If any of these muscles open involuntarily due to physical stress, it leads to urine leaking out. Some of the causes which may lead to this are:
- Pregnancy and childbirth: Pregnancy or childbirth related problems may cause damage to the urethra or sphincter during childbirth; leading to stress urinary incontinence.
- Surgery of the prostate: Another common problem, especially with men, is with surgical interventions to correct prostate problems.
- Menopause: Many older women often complain about stress incontinence after menopause due to the weakening of the muscles.
- Pelvic surgery: Any surgery to the pelvic area or illnesses which may cause the muscles to become relaxed or act involuntarily due to external stress, may cause incontinence.
- Weakening of the pelvic muscles: Certain illnesses may cause the pelvic muscles to become weak and thus cause the sphincter as well as the bladder to react involuntarily. UTIs or urinary tract infections have also been known to cause incontinence due to the same reason.
- Obesity: Obesity has been known to put stress on many of the bodily systems and it may affect the bladder and the urinary sphincters as well.