Doctor in Nutrition & Wellness Clinic
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Nutrition & Wellness ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again. In the past I consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my body weakness, but she has helped me immensely. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. Dr Geeta Shenoy doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. the Nutrition & wellness Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. I feel strange that I am suffering from body weakness. she is one of the best Dietician in Mumbai and I am glad that I visited her for my body weakness treatment.
the diet planning program was amazing, the Nutrition & wellness Clinic was so nicely made. Thanks to herI am totally satisfied with the results. Hygiene is very important, and I must Nutrition & wellness Clinic was extremely clean. She is one of the best in city. Geeta Shenoy has so much knowledge.I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Geeta Shenoy and the diet planning I didn't lose hope.
She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. From quite some time i was suffering , but never gave much importance to it. The overall cleanliness in the Nutrition & wellness Clinic was amazing. Nutrition & wellness Clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely.i took a gain weight treatment
The diet chart she gave me was amazing, the Nutrition & wellness Clinic in Mumbai was so nicely made. The overall cleanliness in the there was amazing. As someone I knew, consulted therDt.Geeta Shenoy and they referred us. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Geeta Shenoy has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail.
Gluten free, super foods are lining the shelves of supermarkets and taking over our lives as we endeavour to become more responsible about what we eat the impact on our body. One such food includes the nutrient and mineral rich Quinoa, a grain that originated in South America, and is now available worldwide. Here are the ten health benefits of Quinoa, as proven and backed by scientific research.
- Nutrient heavy: Quinoa is a nutrient rich, whole grain, non-glutinous super food with plenty of fibre as well as magnesium, Vitamin B, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, copper, iron, zinc and various important antioxidants that can flush out toxins easily and effectively from the system.
- Plant compounds: This grain also contains plant compounds like quercetin and kaempferol which have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties as well as anti-viral qualities.
- High fibre content: The high fibre content of this grain helps in reduction of high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other such issues even as it aids weight loss in the long run.
- Gluten free: This grain is perfect for people who are suffering from gluten intolerance. It also offers refined starch without adding on the gluten value that most grains have.
- Essential proteins: The amino acids content in this grain makes it a healthy high protein ingredient. The protein content here is “complete” due to the high amino acid formulation.
- Blood sugar control: Quinoa will also help in controlling the blood sugar level and is especially beneficial for patients of diabetes because it has a low glycemic index which does not stimulate hunger and obesity very easily.
- Oxalates and other minerals: With its high oxalate content, Quinoa reduces the excess calcium absorption which can prevent recurring stones in the kidney. It is also rich in the four essential minerals including magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron. Zinc, especially has a lot of benefits for women.
- Metabolic rate: The metabolic rate gets a definite push thanks to the health benefits of Quinoa. This grain can be added to a high fructose diet to negate the otherwise harmful effects of fructose.
- Anti oxidants: Quinoa has been proven to contain more anti-oxidants than all the five most popular grains and cereals which help in fighting various diseases and signs of aging. Letting these grain sprout makes them even healthier.
- Weight loss: If you are looking for a weight loss partner, then look no further. Quinoa can hasten the metabolism rate thanks to its high fibre content which also ensures that you end up feeling full early on with smaller portions.
So turn to Quinoa as your staple grain today for the best health results! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Nature has blessed us with some amazing and magical foods. Forget pills or supplements, these foods can give all that you crave for in life, a well-shaped body, a healthy mind and heart and a lot more. It is important for us to identify these foods and make them a part of our regular diet.
Believe it or not, bananas are one of these magical foods. This is a fantastic fruit, available in the markets throughout the year and is pocket-friendly too. From potassium to vitamin B6, it is packed with the goodness of essential nutrients. The best part about this fruit is you can consume it in different ways. Besides eating it alone, you can make delicious sweet dishes and milk-shakes out of it.
- Each banana (118gm) contains only about 105 calories, and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs.
- Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.
- The carbs in unripe (green) bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into sugar (glucose, fructose and sucrose).
- A medium-sized banana contains about 3 grams of fiber, making bananas a fairly good fiber source.
Bananas contain mainly two types of fiber:
- Pectin: Decreases as the banana ripens.
- Resistant starch: Found in unripe bananas.
Resistant starch escapes digestion and ends up in our large intestine, where it becomes food for the beneficial gut bacteria. Additionally, some cell studies propose that pectin may help protect against colon cancer. Bananas contain several types of potent antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins. These antioxidants have been linked to many health benefits, such as a reduced risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases. Bananas are often referred to as the perfect food for athletes, largely due to their mineral content and easily digested carbs. Eating bananas may help reduce exercise-related muscle cramps and soreness, which affect up to 95% of the general population. Bananas are also one of the most convenient snack foods. You can add them to breakfast yogurt, cereal or smoothie. You can even use them instead of sugar in your baking and cooking. Furthermore, bananas rarely contain any pesticides or pollutants, due to their thick protective peel. Bananas are incredibly easy to eat and transport. They are usually well-tolerated and easily digested, and simply have to be peeled and eaten.
- Keeps you smart and slim: It acts as a perfect energy booster. You get ample amount of calories by consuming a banana. A single banana can give you 100 to 110 calories instantly. Interestingly, it doesn’t add too much carb or fat to your overall diet. A medium-sized banana is most likely to contain about 30 grams of useful carbs and 3 to 4 grams of fiber. It is rich in resistant starch—a kind of carbohydrate that takes longer time for digestion, burning more calories.
- Takes care of your muscles: Bananas are rich in minerals like magnesium and potassium. It prevents and protects us from developing cramps in the muscles. It enhances the process of muscle relaxation too.
- Keeps a tab on your blood pressure: It is an ideal fruit for people with high blood pressure. It is because of the fact that bananas are rich in potassium. This mineral does wonder in reducing blood pressure. One gets about 400-450 mg of potassium (with no traces of sodium) from a single banana.
- Get gorgeous with a glowing skin: It is not just the citrus fruits that fulfil your body’s requirement of Vitamin C. Bananas are also a rich source of Vitamin C. This nutrient is essential for a healthy skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the immune system of our body.
- Good for your stomach: Bananas are helpful in taking care of your stomach. They keep you away from gastric problems or disorders. Say thanks to the fructooligosaccharides (FOS) present in them. FOS acts as a probiotic substance, enhancing the growth of useful bacterias in human intestine. Consequently, eating a banana prevents you from gastric diseases. Further, bananas contain pectin which helps in beating constipation.
The key to a healthy and happy life is to keep your body weight under control. Obesity acts as a catalyst to several diseases. People with too many extra pounds are more prone to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and depression. But, what’s the best way of shedding off the unwanted pounds? Well, an effective weight loss programme is not just about sweating it out on the treadmill. A balanced diet is essential for a healthy body.
Besides, there are certain foods that enhance the process of weight loss. These foods have high thermogenic value, i.e. ability to burn a good amount of calories. Here are five foods that can give you the perfect body that you always crave for:
Moong dal: It is every Indian's favourite whichever class he/she belongs to. This dal is full of Vitamin A, B, C and E and many minerals, such as calcium, iron and potassium. It is often advised by dieticians to replace fatty foods with Moon dal as it is a weight loss food that is rich in proteins and fibre, so one feels fuller after having a bowl of dal for a long time and curbs your cravings. Along with weight loss, moon dal it also benefits the metabolism, immune system and protects against fatal diseases.
Spinach: This green veggie is rich in fiber, water, antioxidants, vitamins K and A, and minerals like magnesium, potassium, and iron. All this just in 10 calories per cup of this amazing weight loss food! One bowl of spinach will make you feel fuller and stab your food craving in your stomach itself.
Apples: Apple is one of the best weight loss foods, having this great fruit a day not only keeps the doctor away but also makes you skinnier. With 4 gms of fiber in a medium apple, they can make you feel fuller for a longer time as the fiber take time to break down. Apples are a sweet and crunchy snack full of all sorts of nutritional goodness.
Radish: Like other types of vegetables, cooked radish contains approximately 3 grams of fiber per half cup to help you stay full and satisfied. Radish are considered as starchy vegetables, so it is recommended to be eaten in place of rice, bread or other starchy foods. They work best as weight loss foods.
Tomatoes: This weight loss food boosts your energy, stabilizes your blood sugar levels, controls your appetite, detoxifies your body and reduces cholesterol. Tomatoes are also low in calories, a plus for any dieter. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Most of us wake up to a cup of hot coffee every morning. Coffee is like an indispensable part of most of our lives. But, there has been a lot of debate regarding the effect of coffee on human health. While some believe that coffee is a performance booster and prevents against certain diseases, others express doubt on the goodness of caffeine in coffee. Rather, the presence of caffeine keeps a lot of us worried about the adverse effects of coffee.
But, one needs to keep in mind that coffee is a complex beverage. It has both its pros and cons. One needs to know all about coffee before ordering the second cup for himself or herself. Reasons for having that second cup of coffee:
- Coffee activates your system: It contains caffeine that increases the level of adrenaline hormone in your body. This hormone is responsible for getting you ready for fighting against odds or physical tasks.
- Coffee checks your body weight: It contains minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals maintain the insulin level in your body. Therefore, by drinking coffee, your appetite for quick snacks gets killed. However, the sugar levels stay intact. It also burns fat.
- Protection against cancer: A recent study claimed that coffee can provide protection against cancer. It is said to have the potential to reduce the chances of having prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- Guard against other serious diseases: Coffee is believed to provide prevention against some serious diseases Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and stroke. It contains antioxidants that boost body’s immune system. Caffeine can lower one’s sensitivity towards insulin and provides impairment to glucose tolerance, reducing chances of developing Type II diabetes.
Reasons for not having that second cup of coffee:
- Toxic: Coffee has the possibility of being toxic. It can be adulterate with a lot of harmful impurities. The cheaper and poor quality coffee can prove to be highly toxic sometimes.
- Don’t overdrink: Coffee can prove very harmful and even lethal, if taken in larger quantities. It has the potential to kill an individual, if 80-100 cups are consumed in a shorter session.
- It gives sleeplessness: Coffee can turn you into an insomniac, if consumed in larger amounts.
Nothing is good, if overdone or overused. The same goes for coffee as well. It is good for your health if taken in small amounts at measured intervals. You can definitely order the second cup of coffee for yourself, provided you keep a check on the number of cups you have consumed in the entire day. A sensible individual will drink less, but drink regularly to get blessed with the goodness of coffee beans. An irresponsible drinker will just get addicted to see the worst in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.
I was 97 kgs before and I dropped my weight to 85 kgs with a proper diet. I just lose this weight in a month. if I repeat the same diet for the next month can I loose the same amount of the weight again?
Opting for healthier choices of food can make your lunch the most important and beneficial meal of the day during the ever present rush of work. Here are a few lunch dishes which will not only keep you energized and filled but also at the same time helps you lose weight. Read on to find out more about them:
- Egg Sandwich: Eggs are a very healthy and nutritious choice for any meal. Egg sandwiches are compact as it provides carbohydrates from the bread, protein from eggs and vitamins and other essential nutrients from the vegetables and Greek yogurt, which is used as a base. Opt for brown bread and your egg sandwich ends up being a healthy delightful dish you can happily gorge on.
- Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) and Chapatti: Chickpeas are very nutritious and they are also high in protein. Use them in a curry with vegetables like tomatoes, onions and such. Some Chapatti along with this curry makes a healthy balanced meal.
- Chicken stew: Chicken stew is very healthy. Try having it with vegetables like capsicum and onions. A bowl of chicken stew is highly nutritious and healthy as well as helpful for weight loss.
- Stir fry: A stir fry of carrots, beans, cabbage, peas and sesame seeds will do wonders for your health. Add a dash of lemon to make it tangy and tasty. This stir fry is very nutritious as it has an assortment of vegetables which provide you vitamins, minerals, amino acids and protein as well.
- Berries and oatmeal: Berries and oatmeal are helpful in losing weight. When you mix berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and other variety of berries you boost the fiber content of your oats dish, which in turn helps you lose weight. Further, adding berries to oatmeal is a great way to enhance the flavour of your meal. Adding berries will keep you energized, filled and not add to your waistline. A[art from berries, you can also add foods, such as Almonds, Walnuts, Chia seeds, Kiwi & Pomegranate to your oatmeal lunch dish as they also help in reducing weight.
- Egg and rice salad: Made from just brown rice, a hard boiled egg, green beans and some walnuts, this dish is a compact meal which gives you fiber, protein and omega-3 fats which in turn keeps you full and also helps you to reduce your waistline as it has low calorific content.