Doctor in NULIFE HOSPITAL
Submit a review for NULIFE HOSPITALYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I'm 22 years old Femal mujay urin ki problem hai. Mujay urin ki ek dam se hajat hoti he or tez chubhan b hoti he or me control nai kr pati .flush pe bethtay bethtay hi nikal jata he kai dafa bethney se pehlay hi nikal jata he. Me bahut depressed hu iss waja se. Please koi esi med. Btaen jis se foran theek ho jaey. please jldi reply kijyey ga. Or kya ap ki suggessted med. Doosrey mumalik mn available hoti he like PAKISTAN?
Mam mujhe kafi long time se urine pass krte waqt jalan hoti h. Mere 2 baby h wo caeseran se hua h. Mere gall bladder mein stone bhi h.Kya mam mein jalan gall stone ki waje se ho rhi h mujhe? Maine bahut medicine leli h but koi farak nhi lg raha.Please bataiye
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission.
I am shiva from last one week I am suffering with urethral burning sensation frequent urination and unable to pass urine freely and feeling so much pain even though I am taking b complex tabs but no result please suggest me medicines to take.
I am suffering from UTI from last 5 days. I have been facing problem of back pain, in my urine routine report epithelial cells is 3-5, Pus cells 0-2 and protein traces.
My aunt is 36 years old female & has suffering from kidney stone problems from 3 months back. She has used medicine but hasn't got any relief. Please suggest homeopathy medicine for the same.
My father is 75 years old, he is right side paralytic. He alsonhas diabetes and hypertension. He recently had UTI and is fine now. But his lab results show s.creatinine 1.042 whereas 5 months it was 0.6. Does this means he has started developing any kind of kidney failure? Also his urine analysis states Protein and blood as positive, RBCs 8-10/hpf and epithelial cells 5-6/hpf. I am very concerned as he is already suffering from many health issues. I do not wish one more gets added up. Please guide me how to prevent any loss to his kidneys?
Kidneys stones are a common condition. They are quite different from Gallstones which are formed in the Gall bladder. Gall stones are from bile concentration in the gall bladder. "Silent" Gallstones which are detected on an ultrasound done for another cause, can be left alone.
However, silent kidney stones should never be left alone. These can silently grow to a large size and cause kidney failure without the patient ever experiencing pain. Every patient of stone needs to be evaluated by blood tests, ultrasound and possibly CT-scan. Small stones 5 mm or less may pass out naturally, but should be monitored on Ultrasound to confirm clearance. Larger stones are cleared by a variety of Endoscopic Operations like Ureterorenorenoscopy, PCNL or ESWL. These need 1-2 days hospitalisation and have quick recovery. The stone removed should be analysed for contents so that appropriate preventive measure in diet and medicines can be started as soon as possible.