Doctor in Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
Submit a review for Nanavati Super Speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hi I am frequently suffering Acidity & Burn When I take Anti Acid it will relief me TIL 15 Days but after that same situation start. My sugar level normally 106 after food.
Did you know that liver stands second among the most transplanted organs in the human body? Liver diseases are becoming more prevalent today. A liver transplant becomes necessary when a person’s liver is diseased or injured. Through surgical procedures, a part or the complete healthy liver is transplanted from the donor.
Here are some of the typical reasons for a liver transplant:
- Autoimmune Hepatitis: In this kind of hepatitis, the body's immune system is not able to recognize its own liver tissue. It thus begins to injure the liver cells and that finally leads to scarring, liver cirrhosis, and end-stage liver disease. Unlike chronic viral hepatitis, this disease is not caused by a virus.
- Chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D: Hepatitis is caused by the viral infection which results in swelling, inflammation, and cell damage. All these lead to liver destruction or scarring. The different types of hepatitis are A, B, C, D and E. Hepatitis B is the leading indicator of liver cancer worldwide.
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease: Fat accumulation in the liver cells causes this disease. It is said that excessive alcohol is the leading cause of a fatty liver. But this condition is also seen in patients with diabetes and obesity. This condition can cause liver cirrhosis.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: In this disease, the bile duct becomes progressively damaged by inflammation. This results in scarring that narrows the bile duct and causes obstruction to the flow of bile.
- Biliary cirrhosis: Sometimes there is a blockage in the bile duct. The liver creates bile which passes from the bile duct to the gallbladder. From here it is slowly released into the small intestine and helps in digesting fats. When the bile duct is blocked, all the bile that is produced accumulates in the liver and causes swelling and eventually loss of liver function.
- Active liver failure or toxic exposures: People suffering from acute liver failure caused by other reasons such as viral infection, fatty liver, etc. can undergo liver transplant surgery. Exposure to certain pesticides, herbicides, lead, asbestos and other hazardous pollutants can be the cause of a potentially life-threatening liver disease.
- Caroli's disease and choledochal cyst: The bile ducts become dilated and result in the formation of cysts or sacks. This causes infection and obstruction of the bile ducts. Choledochal Cyst, On the other hand, is a congenital disorder. A choledochal cyst is formed due to a structurally flawed bile duct. In both these scenarios getting a transplant is mandatory.
- Hepatic tumors: Tumors that spread either from other parts of the body or those that develop in the liver itself can cause severe damage to this organ.
It is best to consult an expert to know if a liver transplant is necessary for you. Hence, when you have problems related to liver seek medical advice without delay.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
1. Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey
Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
2. Cumin seeds
You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
3. Mulethi (liquorice) and honey
You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
4. White pumpkin juice
Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
My sister Is facing pain and blood during stool. Our doctor suggested to take Metrogyl400 but still it is not cured.
I rarely take medicines. I feel OK, By the Grace of God, I think even at 70 I am still at 50. I for sure have gas problem. I exale my inbuilt gas through throat by creating vacuum in my mouth and I do exale the gas immediately from my mouth. I can do this anytime when I am uneasy. I exale my inbuilt gas whenever I am not easy and I get alright. What precaution should I take to have no gas in my tummy please.
I am too lower weight compared to my age and height. And I'm suffering from gastric and digestion problem.
I feel burning in my chest whenever I do burping. A lot of acidity I am facing is it a serious thing or I can treat it normally.
I am having a small lump near anal canal since 20 days. Sometimes it shrinks and again gets little bigger. Sometimes itching and irritation. No constant pain. No bleeding. One doctor said it's fissure other said there is nothing. What to do now? What is this lump of?
I am suffering with diarrhoea, fever, gas problem least 1 days. I went to hospital doctor given some medicines but situation not changed.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder that is diagnosed on the basis of its symptoms. It is characterised by intense abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating and change in bowel habits. One of the primary symptoms of IBS is abdominal pain. It may also be accompanied with frequent diarrhoea or constipation.
There might also be a feeling of partial or incomplete evacuation. The symptoms are sometimes relieved by the proper bowel movement. Other symptoms, in this case, include depression and anxiety. In rare cases, there is also a possibility of sexual dysfunction and reduced libido.
Causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome–
The exact reason behind the occurrence of IBS is not known. It is a disruption of the brain-gut axis that is known to cause the problem. It is also caused due to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
IBS is intensified or triggered by the following factors:
Foods: Edibles like chocolate, milk and alcohol might lead to constipation or diarrhoea. One must also avoid carbonated beverages and some fruits and vegetables. These might lead to bloating and discomfort.
Stress: The condition gets worse with any type of stress.
Hormones: In women, the symptoms occur as a result of the hormones during menstrual periods.
Complications: It is not associated with any fatal condition. But it can lead to diarrhoea and constipation and aggravate hemorrhoids.
Adverse Impacts of the Disease-
IBS has an adverse impact on your lifestyle. It will limit your ability to get social or carry out your daily professional activities. You will find it difficult to cope up with the symptoms while living away from your comfort zone or home. You will not have a good sex life. You will get depressed and may even feel suicidal in extreme cases.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome-
IBS is treated broadly by bringing in certain changes in the lifestyle. To begin with, you are advised to check your diet. Include fibre in your diet, if you are suffering from constipation. Also, avoid oily, spicy and hot food items. Besides, you are prescribed medicines such as stool softeners and laxatives and antispasmodic drugs and proton pump inhibitors.
Homeopathic medicines-IBS requires prolonged treatment. Homoeopathy works best to get you relief from the symptoms and cures it, from the roots. Here are certain homeopathic remedies that are helpful in treating the disorder.
It has to be kept in mind that these are just basic remedies. There are over 150 Homeopathic medicines that can be used for treating IBS.