Doctor in N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for N M Skin & Cosmetology ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of fungal infection.I am so much benefitted with Dr Nimesh D Mehta's fungal infection treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I am so happy that I chose Dr Nimesh D Mehta for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. The facilities available in the N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic are very nice. Even though Dr Nimesh D Mehta is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. I was having this fungal infection, but the symptoms were not very visible. I was quite impressed with his concept of holistic healing. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Nimesh D Mehta and the fungal infection treatment I didn't lose hope.
Thanks to Dr Nimesh D Mehta for the hair loss treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. On the very first day he identified my problem. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic. The complete process of hair loss treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. The lab in the N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic was very clean and well managed. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. I am so much benefitted with his hair loss treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
I was in severe stress because I had a very Dark skin. drNimesh D Mehta is really like god send person.I am so much benefitted with herDark Skin Treatment that i am perfectly fine now. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.he with great ease handled my case. he can be consulted at N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic in Mumbai.
I had a very great experience with dr Nimesh D. Mehta for treatment of athlete's foot . I visited him thrice in a week's time at his clinic N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic in Mahim. He was also available on phone when I couldn't visit him at the clinic.
dr Nimesh D Mehta deserves much appreciation for his ways and efficiency. He can be consulted at N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic in Mumbai. I took a treatment from him for my problem of acne and pimples. He is quick and Jovial.
Thank you for all the advice and regime that you recommended for me. I regained my confidence. And I would recommend you as a dermatologist to anyone any number of times. Thank u immensely!
So carring and so soft spoken...v v help ful
As per the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, an estimated 10 percent of individuals encounter keloid scarring every year. While women and men are equally prone to have keloid scars, people with darker skin tone are more likely to experience keloids.
What are keloids and why do they occur?
Keloid is widely recognized as keloid scar or keloid disorder. It is caused when the fibrous tissues also known as scar tissues are injured. In specific instances, the scar tissues grow in excess, and they form a hard and smooth growth, which is known as keloid, which could be bigger than the actual wound. They are customarily found in areas like the chest, cheeks, shoulder, and earlobes. Nonetheless, any part of the body could be affected by keloids. Though they do not pose a threat to health, they can be a cause of significant cosmetic concerns. Another factor why they occur is in the case of overgrowth of the scar tissue that develops over the period of weeks.
Are keloids a cause for concern?
Keloids are often itchy and discomforting. Keloids often cause a major cosmetic concern as they are large and easily spotted. Due to this, several patients encounter stress as they become conscious. Exposure to sun must be avoided in case of keloids as the tanning of the affected area may darken the keloid scar and become more prominent. The response of the treatment for keloids depends majorly upon the anatomical location of the scar. An extremely itchy keloid can be quite distracting. Many patients are skeptical of getting treatment as it may leave a permanent scar.
Common Treatment options for Keloids
- Laser: The pulsed-dye laser can be helpful in flattening keloids and making them appear less red and intense. The treatment is considered as safe and is almost painless, but many treatment sessions may be required. These may be expensive, as insurance plans do not usually cover laser treatments.
- Cryotherapy: This is a method in which the keloid is frozen with the help of liquid nitrogen to flatten the keloid. However, it may result in lightening or darkening of the affected area.
- Radiation: Radiation is considered as a safe and effective option by several doctors for the treatment of keloids.
- Silicone gel or sheeting: In this method, a sheet of silicone gel has to be worn continuously for months in order to treat the affected area. The outcomes of this treatment may vary. Some doctors claim relative success with compression dressings composed of materials that are not silicone.
- Surgery: Treating keloids by surgery may prove to be risky as it may activate the development of a more prominent keloid. Some operations have been successful by applying compression or injecting steroids to the wound after the keloid has been treated. Superficial radiation treatment post-surgical procedure has also been considered to be helpful.
A condition that poses no threat to your health, and is purely of cosmetic concern, Keloids do have several treatment options providing the expected results.
Excessive hair growth can be extremely unpleasant and lead to a host of cosmetic problems. One can experience this growth on the face, hands, legs, underarms, bikini line, or neck, but regardless for the place, we are always on a lookout for options to get rid of them. The glowing, smooth skin that stares at us from hoardings has changed the trends, and with advances in medical technology, this is possible too. It is not only reserved for page 3 celebrities or models and movie stars. While there are various options available for hair removal, most prefer laser, and of course, with very valid reasons.
Read on to know five reasons why laser is preferred over other hair removal techniques.
- Painless: Only those who have gone through the ordeal of waxing know how painful it is. Whether it is cold or hot wax, having it applied on the skin and then having the hair pulled out is definitely not-a-very-pleasant experience. While it is dreaded, it also is an option to get rid of unwanted hair. So, when laser is available, it definitely sounds like a painless dream. And what more, when you wake up, you have smooth, glowing skin free of the unwanted hair growth.
- More natural compared to other methods: Waxing pulls out the hair that is seen above the skin. While shaving leaves follicles behind but the laser works differently. It gets to the follicular level and destroys these follicles, which are responsible for the hair growth in the first place. This makes it a more natural and better way to get rid of unwanted hair, than just removing what is visible to the naked eye.
- Longer-lasting: After a round of waxing, most women start wondering when the small spikes of hair start appearing again. The same happens with shaving too. With laser, this re-growth takes some time and so it is almost a few weeks before the hair starts growing back. Because they act on the follicles, it will take a while for new follicles to form, which can again grow hair. Laser sessions are always repeated, as the intention is to get rid of all follicles so that hair reduction is permanent. In women who do not have too much hair, they can go up to months without having to go for a repeat session.
- Cost-effective: Whether it is the hair removal creams or the regular waxing, laser works out more cost-effective than the other techniques in the long run.
- Hair treatment in between sessions: With shaving and threading, you have to wait for hair growth before going for the next session. With laser, that is no issue at all. Go ahead with the next session, even when there is no hair growth. For women who are worried about skin changes with the weather, the treatment can start in winter and end by summer, thereby reducing exposure to the sun.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Eczema is a common skin problem that appears as red, raised rashes on the skin, commonly the face, neck, elbows, hands, and feet. Considered as an allergic response, it is often seen in people who have a predisposition to other allergies like asthma, hay fever, hives, etc.
The good news is that these have identified patterns, and there are things that can be easily done which can prevent flare-ups.
- Reduce soap: Soaps are known to dry the skin up and irritate the skin, so eczema flare-up is common in those who love to lather themselves up. If possible, switch to soap or body wash that contains moisturizer as reduce the bacterial load on the skin. People who live in hot and humid locations, such as Mumbai it is important that they cleanse their face completely, else it can lead eczema eruption.
- Moisturize: Keep a moisturizer handy at all times. Eczema is common when the skin is dry, so keep applying moisturizer at regular intervals and keep eczema at bay. Make it a habit to apply moisturizer soon after the bath. The moist skin soaks it in nicely and provides maximum benefit when applied this way.
- Avoid artificial fragrances: While deodorants and skin care creams which contain fragrances smell appealing, they also cause irritation and are harsh on the skin. This exacerbates eczema, and so avoiding these products is advised.
- Know your trigger: This could be anything from a dishwasher liquid to a bath soap or a deodorant to some plant in your garden. Over a period of time, you will be able to identify the trigger, and avoid it so that eczema does not flare up. Remember, it is a type of allergy after all.
- Detergents for washing clothes: Using milder detergents, especially for undergarments, greatly helps. Also, wash these twice to get rid of all the soap. Avoid fabric softeners as they are fragrant and can cause irritation.
- Avoid hot baths: While a hot bath at the end of a long day sounds very relaxing, it also leaves your skin dry. This can worsen the condition of eczema. Add to this the irritation from your bedspread and pillow covers. Unless you have the habit of applying copious amounts of moisturizer before going to sleep.
- Cover up your hands and face: When possible, use gloves and a mask especially when washing dishes and using laundry detergents. This way, you can prevent dryness and irritation of the skin on the hands and prevent eczema.
- Soak it in the tub: When you stay for about 20 minutes in a tub (no hot water though, but lukewarm), the skin absorbs moisture which prevents it from drying. This greatly helps prevent eczema.
- Cut down stress: Like any allergy, eczema acts up when stressed, so manage it. There is no point stressing anyways!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As winters have started, the demand for improving the skin texture and natural glow has also increased. This leads to the increase in the need for the utilization of the chemical peel treatment in the recent times. It is one of the recommended ways of treating dead cells of the skin as well as exfoliating the skin in the best way. You know that after every skin treatment, our skin needs rest and proper care to recover successfully to showcase the best results of the respective treatment. The same is in the case of the chemical peel treatment.
Here are some of the most effective tips to care for your skin after a chemical peel treatment:
- Avoid any other skin treatment: This is the first and foremost tip to ensure that your chemical peel treatment proves to be advantageous for improving your skin tone and quality. If you opt for some other skin treatment just after the chemical peel treatment, then it might lead to allergies or undesired results on the skin of the individual.
- Wear makeup after a break: If you have just got yourself a chemical peel treatment, then make sure that you don’t put on makeup for at least 4-5 hours after the procedure. This will help you to prevent the formation of clogged pores after the treatment. It will help you to keep your skin fresh and sound. Also, you will no longer face any skin problems due to the application of makeup.
- Cleanse well: Yes! Wash your wash thoroughly after the chemical peel treatment. Not only your skin will get cleaner, but you will also feel fresh right after washing your face. Just make sure not to use any harsh or chemical based products for the cleansing of the face.
- Stop pricking your skin: Keep your hands away from your skin. Let it breathe. Avoid touching your skin again and again.
- Stay away from direct sunlight: Make sure that you do not expose your skin to direct sunlight. Take precautions with the help of sunscreen lotions on a regular basis. Always consult your doctor before applying any product after the treatment.
- Avoid swimming for a day or two: Yes, you heard that right! If you have just undergone a chemical peel treatment, then you need to take care of avoiding your swimming sessions for a day or two. This will help you to avoid coming into contact with the chlorine present in the water. The chlorine when comes in direct contact with the treated skin leads to irritation of the sensitive skin.
- Stay away from moisturizer: You will feel that your skin has become dry after your skin is treated with the chemical peel procedure. But don’t try to apply moisturizer on the skin to cure dryness. Just leave your skin in an open atmosphere.
- Avoid steam bath: Make sure you do not go for steam baths after the treatment. This will prevent any possible sensitivity of your skin.
- Avoid excessive exercise: For a few days, avoid rigorous workout at the gym and let your skin rest.
- Take care of your skin based on the type of chemical peel: There are different types of chemical peels available in today’s time. So, ask your doctor regarding the one used in your treatment and take precautions with care accordingly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you suffering from hair loss? Don't just blame your genes for that. A plethora of reasons ranging from hormonal imbalance to thyroid or nutritional deficiency can lead to hair loss. Hair fall and baldness can hamper your self-confidence and push you to a pessimistic and gloomy world of hopelessness. Your hair is the x-factor that influences your personality and sets you apart from others. But, what should you do to tackle hair loss and boost hair growth? Well, there are several ways to get rid of this problem. There are several home based remedies to stop hair fall and enhance growth of hair. Some of these remedies have been listed below:
- Fenugreek: You might be surprised to know that the seeds of fenugreek contain hormone antecedents. These help in repair of hair follicles. The seeds are also rich in nicotinic acid that promotes growth of hair. Fenugreek seeds should be soaked in water overnight and then make a paste by grinding them. This paste should be applied on the scalp and left for about 30 minutes. The paste should then be rinsed off with only water, avoid application of shampoo or any other cleaning agent.
- Aloe Vera: It is a very useful home remedy in tackling issues related to the hair. It helps in maintain and restoring the pH balance of the scalp. It has a slightly alkaline property. Gel formed out of aloe vera is also helpful in getting rid of dandruff. The gel should be applied to the scalp for 45 minutes and then washed with water. This treatment must be followed for at least twice or thrice a week for best results.
- Oil massage: Insufficient supply of nutrients to the hair can lead to loss of hair. Therefore, it is always a wise idea to massage the scalp with hot oil to provide enough nutrients to the scalp and improve the flow of blood in the head. It is usually recommended to massage the scalp and hair strands with oil rich in vitamin E, such as olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil for 45 minutes. Thereafter, you can wash away the excess oil by applying shampoo.
- Coconut milk: It is rich in fats and proteins. It helps in the growth of hair and prevents loss. For best results, grind the coconut pulp to get milk out of it and then apply it to the scalp and hairs. Leave the milk for over 30 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo for preventing thinning of hairs.
- Diet plan: You need to take care of your diet first in order to add volume to your hairs. Include vegetables rich in iodine like nori, dulse, kombu and wakame in your meals. Iodine helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland and quite essential for healthy hair. Fatty acids are also essential for hair growth. It is advised to consume adequate amounts of nuts, fish and avocados for healthy hairs.
- Along with a healthy hair diet, it is important that you exercise properly as it will ensure that there is proper blood flow to your scalp and will help in the growth of hair.
- Treat your hair delicately. Avoid unnecessary brushing, combing or handling. Use a soft, round bristles brush.
- Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
- Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
- Avoid Stress as it is the major cause of hair loss.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Stretch marks are white marks, which are caused due to distension of the skin. These appear on the skin as stubborn lines. The most common cause of stretch marks in women is pregnancy, and otherwise they may also appear on abdomen, thighs and limbs due to gaining or losing weight too quickly.
Causes of stretch marks:
Stretch marks appear when the skin suddenly expands due to which the skin loses its elasticity by stretching too much in a short time frame. This causes white, ugly lines on the skin. These are very difficult to tackle or remove unless you make some efforts to do so.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks Removal:
Here are some natural ways, which can improve the appearance of the stretched skin a lot, and can fade out stretch marks over time.
- Applying castor oil on stretch marks and massaging for some 5 to 10 minutes help. After the massage, you should immediately wrap the area in a soft cloth and then apply hot-water bag or a hot pad on the skin over the cloth. Daily treatment for a month reduces stretch marks a lot.
- Daily massaging of the skin lightly with pure Aloe Vera gel, and then rinsing it with lukewarm water also gives good results.
- Apply egg whites on the area and leave them to dry. Then wash it with cold water. You should repeat this for at least 2 weeks.
- Use either pure lemon juice or a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice and apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use sugar with a little almond oil and few drops of lemon juice to make a mixture. Use this everyday on skin to exfoliate the skin while bathing to see visibly lighter stretch marks.
- Potato juice is a good stretch marks remover. You should use this juice on skin daily before bathing and leave for some time.
- Daily massage with warm olive oil is a great remedy for the stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. As long as you keep your skin hydrated, you will find all other methods working great on the skin.
Medical Treatment for Removing Stretch Marks:
Laser Stretch Mark Removal: During a laser stretch mark removal procedure, a beam of light removes thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Instead of burning or cutting the affected skin areas like other lasers, it uses high-energy ultraviolet laser light to disrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissue, which causes the tissue to disintegrate in a process known as ablation. Once laser stretch mark removal is complete, stretch marks will have disappeared, and a renewed, healthy appearance will result.
Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatment: The most important benefit of laser stretch mark removal is its effectiveness. The treatment has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. It is also extremely safe; the excimer laser is precisely controlled, with little potential to cause injury.
Surgical Stretch Mark Removal: Surgical stretch mark removal is the only effective option for the complete and permanent elimination of stretch marks.
Other Stretch Mark Removal Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are most commonly used on the face to treat wrinkles and age spots, but they can be used on other areas of the body for stretch mark removal.
- Microdermabrasion: Both microdermabrasion and chemical peels improve the appearance of stretch marks through the removal of the skin's top layers.
- Blue Light Therapy: Although more widely used for acne treatment, blue light therapy is sometimes used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Because stretch mark removal is customized to the individual patient, consulting a cosmetic dermatologist specializing in stretch mark removal is the best way to get information on your specific case.
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques.
Monsoon is no doubt a magical season, but with all the fun come several skin problems. The humid and sticky weather snatches the radiance of your otherwise flawless skin. The monsoon downpour act as a curse in your life. You lose the sheen of confidence and are left with ugly marks. Your skin develops a natural tendency of developing clogged pores during monsoons, which leads to pimples or acne later. On top of that, things may take the worst shape with the application of oily make-up products and stress. Your bad habit of picking the breakouts may also aggravate the situation.
But don't lose hope. There's nothing to get disheartened. Every problem has a solution to it. You may get back your flawless and healthy skin, if you follow certain simple tips. A little care and attention at home can bring back the lost beauty. Here are certain home-based remedies to get rid of the breakouts:
- Neem relief: Acne vanishes with the application of neem paste on the affected areas. Take few neem leaves and grind them to make a smooth paste. Mix multani mitti or fuller's earth, turmeric powder and milk with the paste. Apply this face pack for over 10 minutes on your face and later rinse it off with water. After the pack is washed away, you are left with a soft and clean skin.
- Steam therapy: Our skin has multiple pores. These pores get clogged due to excess oil secretion during the monsoons. Dust particles and oily secretions leads to the clogging of these pores. This in turn leads to skin breakouts. If you steam your face religiously, these pores open and help you to get rid of the pimples.
- Sugar-honey pack: Take three teaspoons of brown sugar with one spoon of honey. Make a gentle face pack with this mixture. Put the face pack on your face for over 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Potato help: Not known to many, potatoes can be of great help for the acne victims. Cut thin slices of potatoes. Rub these potato slices over your face.
- Check your diet: Too much consumption of foods rich in fat can act as triggers for acne. Include green and leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet for sufficient intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Wash your face and areas affected with acne: Exposure to dust and dirt leads to several skin diseases and acne is no exception. Thus it is important to wash you face and affected areas with water frequently. The moment you return home after staying long hours outdoors, don't hesitate to wash your face immediately. Washing of face is highly recommended even before going off to bed at night.
- Drink water: It is always advisable to drink plenty of water to keep your skin healthy.
Following the above mentioned steps to get a flawless and radiant looking skin.