Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for N M Skin & Cosmetology ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of fungal infection.I am so much benefitted with Dr Nimesh D Mehta's fungal infection treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I am so happy that I chose Dr Nimesh D Mehta for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. The facilities available in the N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic are very nice. Even though Dr Nimesh D Mehta is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. I was having this fungal infection, but the symptoms were not very visible. I was quite impressed with his concept of holistic healing. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Nimesh D Mehta and the fungal infection treatment I didn't lose hope.
Thanks to Dr Nimesh D Mehta for the hair loss treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. On the very first day he identified my problem. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic. The complete process of hair loss treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. The lab in the N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic was very clean and well managed. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. I am so much benefitted with his hair loss treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
I was in severe stress because I had a very Dark skin. drNimesh D Mehta is really like god send person.I am so much benefitted with herDark Skin Treatment that i am perfectly fine now. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.he with great ease handled my case. he can be consulted at N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic in Mumbai.
I had a very great experience with dr Nimesh D. Mehta for treatment of athlete's foot . I visited him thrice in a week's time at his clinic N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic in Mahim. He was also available on phone when I couldn't visit him at the clinic.
dr Nimesh D Mehta deserves much appreciation for his ways and efficiency. He can be consulted at N M Skin & Cosmetology Clinic in Mumbai. I took a treatment from him for my problem of acne and pimples. He is quick and Jovial.
Thank you for all the advice and regime that you recommended for me. I regained my confidence. And I would recommend you as a dermatologist to anyone any number of times. Thank u immensely!
Are you suffering from hair loss? Don't just blame your genes for that. A plethora of reasons ranging from hormonal imbalance to thyroid or nutritional deficiency can lead to hair loss. Hair fall and baldness can hamper your self-confidence and push you to a pessimistic and gloomy world of hopelessness. Your hair is the x-factor that influences your personality and sets you apart from others. But, what should you do to tackle hair loss and boost hair growth? Well, there are several ways to get rid of this problem. There are several home based remedies to stop hair fall and enhance growth of hair. Some of these remedies have been listed below:
- Fenugreek: You might be surprised to know that the seeds of fenugreek contain hormone antecedents. These help in repair of hair follicles. The seeds are also rich in nicotinic acid that promotes growth of hair. Fenugreek seeds should be soaked in water overnight and then make a paste by grinding them. This paste should be applied on the scalp and left for about 30 minutes. The paste should then be rinsed off with only water, avoid application of shampoo or any other cleaning agent.
- Aloe Vera: It is a very useful home remedy in tackling issues related to the hair. It helps in maintain and restoring the pH balance of the scalp. It has a slightly alkaline property. Gel formed out of aloe vera is also helpful in getting rid of dandruff. The gel should be applied to the scalp for 45 minutes and then washed with water. This treatment must be followed for at least twice or thrice a week for best results.
- Oil massage: Insufficient supply of nutrients to the hair can lead to loss of hair. Therefore, it is always a wise idea to massage the scalp with hot oil to provide enough nutrients to the scalp and improve the flow of blood in the head. It is usually recommended to massage the scalp and hair strands with oil rich in vitamin E, such as olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil for 45 minutes. Thereafter, you can wash away the excess oil by applying shampoo.
- Coconut milk: It is rich in fats and proteins. It helps in the growth of hair and prevents loss. For best results, grind the coconut pulp to get milk out of it and then apply it to the scalp and hairs. Leave the milk for over 30 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo for preventing thinning of hairs.
- Diet plan: You need to take care of your diet first in order to add volume to your hairs. Include vegetables rich in iodine like nori, dulse, kombu and wakame in your meals. Iodine helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland and quite essential for healthy hair. Fatty acids are also essential for hair growth. It is advised to consume adequate amounts of nuts, fish and avocados for healthy hairs.
- Along with a healthy hair diet, it is important that you exercise properly as it will ensure that there is proper blood flow to your scalp and will help in the growth of hair.
- Treat your hair delicately. Avoid unnecessary brushing, combing or handling. Use a soft, round bristles brush.
- Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
- Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
- Avoid Stress as it is the major cause of hair loss.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Stretch marks are white marks, which are caused due to distension of the skin. These appear on the skin as stubborn lines. The most common cause of stretch marks in women is pregnancy, and otherwise they may also appear on abdomen, thighs and limbs due to gaining or losing weight too quickly.
Causes of stretch marks:
Stretch marks appear when the skin suddenly expands due to which the skin loses its elasticity by stretching too much in a short time frame. This causes white, ugly lines on the skin. These are very difficult to tackle or remove unless you make some efforts to do so.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks Removal:
Here are some natural ways, which can improve the appearance of the stretched skin a lot, and can fade out stretch marks over time.
- Applying castor oil on stretch marks and massaging for some 5 to 10 minutes help. After the massage, you should immediately wrap the area in a soft cloth and then apply hot-water bag or a hot pad on the skin over the cloth. Daily treatment for a month reduces stretch marks a lot.
- Daily massaging of the skin lightly with pure Aloe Vera gel, and then rinsing it with lukewarm water also gives good results.
- Apply egg whites on the area and leave them to dry. Then wash it with cold water. You should repeat this for at least 2 weeks.
- Use either pure lemon juice or a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice and apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use sugar with a little almond oil and few drops of lemon juice to make a mixture. Use this everyday on skin to exfoliate the skin while bathing to see visibly lighter stretch marks.
- Potato juice is a good stretch marks remover. You should use this juice on skin daily before bathing and leave for some time.
- Daily massage with warm olive oil is a great remedy for the stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. As long as you keep your skin hydrated, you will find all other methods working great on the skin.
Medical Treatment for Removing Stretch Marks:
Laser Stretch Mark Removal: During a laser stretch mark removal procedure, a beam of light removes thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Instead of burning or cutting the affected skin areas like other lasers, it uses high-energy ultraviolet laser light to disrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissue, which causes the tissue to disintegrate in a process known as ablation. Once laser stretch mark removal is complete, stretch marks will have disappeared, and a renewed, healthy appearance will result.
Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatment: The most important benefit of laser stretch mark removal is its effectiveness. The treatment has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. It is also extremely safe; the excimer laser is precisely controlled, with little potential to cause injury.
Surgical Stretch Mark Removal: Surgical stretch mark removal is the only effective option for the complete and permanent elimination of stretch marks.
Other Stretch Mark Removal Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are most commonly used on the face to treat wrinkles and age spots, but they can be used on other areas of the body for stretch mark removal.
- Microdermabrasion: Both microdermabrasion and chemical peels improve the appearance of stretch marks through the removal of the skin's top layers.
- Blue Light Therapy: Although more widely used for acne treatment, blue light therapy is sometimes used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Because stretch mark removal is customized to the individual patient, consulting a cosmetic dermatologist specializing in stretch mark removal is the best way to get information on your specific case.
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques.
Monsoon is no doubt a magical season, but with all the fun come several skin problems. The humid and sticky weather snatches the radiance of your otherwise flawless skin. The monsoon downpour act as a curse in your life. You lose the sheen of confidence and are left with ugly marks. Your skin develops a natural tendency of developing clogged pores during monsoons, which leads to pimples or acne later. On top of that, things may take the worst shape with the application of oily make-up products and stress. Your bad habit of picking the breakouts may also aggravate the situation.
But don't lose hope. There's nothing to get disheartened. Every problem has a solution to it. You may get back your flawless and healthy skin, if you follow certain simple tips. A little care and attention at home can bring back the lost beauty. Here are certain home-based remedies to get rid of the breakouts:
- Neem relief: Acne vanishes with the application of neem paste on the affected areas. Take few neem leaves and grind them to make a smooth paste. Mix multani mitti or fuller's earth, turmeric powder and milk with the paste. Apply this face pack for over 10 minutes on your face and later rinse it off with water. After the pack is washed away, you are left with a soft and clean skin.
- Steam therapy: Our skin has multiple pores. These pores get clogged due to excess oil secretion during the monsoons. Dust particles and oily secretions leads to the clogging of these pores. This in turn leads to skin breakouts. If you steam your face religiously, these pores open and help you to get rid of the pimples.
- Sugar-honey pack: Take three teaspoons of brown sugar with one spoon of honey. Make a gentle face pack with this mixture. Put the face pack on your face for over 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Potato help: Not known to many, potatoes can be of great help for the acne victims. Cut thin slices of potatoes. Rub these potato slices over your face.
- Check your diet: Too much consumption of foods rich in fat can act as triggers for acne. Include green and leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet for sufficient intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Wash your face and areas affected with acne: Exposure to dust and dirt leads to several skin diseases and acne is no exception. Thus it is important to wash you face and affected areas with water frequently. The moment you return home after staying long hours outdoors, don't hesitate to wash your face immediately. Washing of face is highly recommended even before going off to bed at night.
- Drink water: It is always advisable to drink plenty of water to keep your skin healthy.
Following the above mentioned steps to get a flawless and radiant looking skin.