Doctors in Dr. Trasi's La Piel Skin Clinic
Your face is one of the first places where your age begins to become visible. It is for this reason that many people begin to hunt for the best anti-aging procedures. With these procedures, one can diminish the damage caused to the skin by wrinkles and skin sagging.
Contrary to popular belief, not all anti-aging procedures need surgery. A thread lift is one such non-invasive anti-aging procedure and can even be performed as an outpatient. This procedure involves insertion of threads along a marked path. The filaments of this thread attach themselves to the tissue around them. New collagen is then produced by the body which surrounds the filament and lifts sagging skin.
This procedure can be used to address drooping eyebrows as well as sagging skin around the cheeks, jowl and neck. It is best suitable from 30-60 years of age for both men and women. The affect lasts for 2-3 years. It may also be used to address problem areas in the neck, cleavage and other parts of the body.
- One of the biggest advantages of this procedure is that it leaves almost no scars and has a relatively short recovery time as compared to another form of plastic surgery. Some of the other advantages are:
- Short procedure that can be performed within approximately one hour. However, the exact duration of the procedure will depend on the number of filaments being inserted into the skin
- No hospital stay required.
- No need for general anesthesia and hence no risk of side effects that can be triggered by the same
- More affordable than a regular face lift
- Long lasting results
- Procedure can be tailored to suit the person’s needs
- Effects can be reversed if you are not happy with the outcome
The thread lift procedure does not have any major side effects as long as the procedure is being performed by an experienced doctor. In some cases, one may develop infections, bruising, temporary swelling and tenderness or temporary numbness. In order to tackle these, cold compresses can be applied to reduce swelling and any other kind of discomfort. Any other visible side effects normally diminish without any medication or remedies within 48 hours after the procedure.
However, it is advisable to avoid strenuous exercising for 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. The effects of a thread lift procedure usually last for 2-3years. By inserting additional filaments as and when required, your skin can look younger for a longer period of time. In some cases, this procedure may also be combined with the injection of dermal fillers and botulinum toxin for providing a much younger looking and glowing skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!