Doctor in Kusum Doshi's Poly Clinic
Submit a review for Kusum Doshi's Poly ClinicYour feedback matters!
Kal sneeze hui thi lekin us samay maine mooh band kiya hua tha toh chhink ka pressure naak se nikla gale mujhe ajeeb sa lag raha hai.
I am suffering from bell's palsy. I want to know that can I wash the face with tap water? Can I drink room temperature water. My water temperature is 12 degree Celsius. Can I use hair dryer for giving heat to my facial nerves.
Hi, After eating nutrilite and massage with olive oils I have fever and weakness or Sardi khasi etc So can you tell me it is because I eat nutrilite or any other reason?
I am having cold, cough and body pain since the last 4 5 days what should be done is it because of the change of season?
Feeling cold ,cough in chest, body pain, increase in body temperatures at night. Age-38 sex-female .The condition has been there for 4 days.
Hi, I am a allergic patient of cough and cold Please suggest me some permanent solution for this disease.
My father suffered from stroke 2012. Right side totally paralyzed and speech also gone. He is still in medication but not any big improvement. Is there any treatment can cure him and bring back is speech. Any surgeries recommended for him, he is now 61 years.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering with spinal cord injury (c4 fracture) since 2010 now I almost recovered but my left foot is dropped and knee hyperextension. Please help me what I do?
Why my 9 month Daughter not gaining weight . I am regular gives food. For ex egg, mulltigrain kheer, lentils khichadi etc.
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist.