Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Jain Health ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
A little hair loss is a common part of everyday life. People tend to shed old hair just as they shed flakes of dead skin; except that with hair, it just tends to be more visible. People with long hair often tend to lose quite a bit of hair on washing and showering. While it might worry those who have recently begun to grow out their hair, it is important to know that it is completely normal.
Hair loss, however, can also be a symptom of several serious issues. Not only can it be a symptom of hair loss diseases that are very difficult to recover from when not treated properly, but it can also indicate other health problems. Hair loss conditions such as Alopecia Areata can be further aggravated if not detected and treated on time. Hair loss can also often be an indicator of health problems such as malnutrition and anemia. You should seek professional advice in several cases of hair loss, such as:
- Patchy hair loss: If your hair is falling out in patches, it is usually a sign of a disease and not just routine hair loss. Autoimmune disorders such as Alopecia Areata might just be causing such problems in which case you should seek medical treatment in order to re-grow the hair you’ve lost.
- Patches of brittle and breaking hair: Hair that suddenly turns brittle in patches can be an indicator of a bigger medical issue. Diseases such as Lupus can cause hair to become brittle and break off in patches. Other serious autoimmune diseases such as HIV can also cause such hair loss and is best confronted by consulting a medical professional.
- Sudden and pronounced hair loss: A sudden surge in the increase of hair loss might also be an indicator of an underlying medical problem. Thinning hair is often considered an indicator of anorexia nervosa coupled with sudden weight loss. Not only is hair loss an indicator of malnutrition, but it can also be a symptom of anemia, thyroid disorders and diabetes.
- Rashes or uneven skin on the scalp: Irregular, irritated and uneven skin on the scalp can often indicate skin disorders that are the causes of hair loss. Ring worm, being the most common of these, requires immediate and rigorous treatment.
- You are pregnant or a senior citizen: Hormonal changes, such as the ones you might go through during pregnancy or menopause can cause sudden thinning of hair. In these cases, it is best to seek help from a medical professional so that they can prescribe you the necessary supplements that will not only help your hair quality but keep your overall health in check.
Hello doctor. I have oily skin so my doctor suggested that use either rivela gel dry touch sunscreen or suncros tint. Which one is better for avoiding pimples due to use of sunscreen.
Because of some injury having black color under eyes (seems like blood clot). Any ointments available for to cure this or ant home remedies is there?
I think My skin is dry then others. I tested it by my self. I want to know that what to do to have glowing, charming,fairer skin. Please help me with this. Ppllzzzzzz.
I am having very less hair in my head. How to grow more hair. Please suggest me the best way for me.
I have pimple and dark spots. Also acne scars like my skin is carved out at some places. My face skin also look shrinked. Is it ok to apply tea tree oil on face? Can it help me?
My hair is dry but I am using indhu leka bring oil it control hair fall but not dry hair please suggest me home remedies please Doctor.
Our hair is mainly made of protein.
Increase protein in your diet like: eggs, soya, nuts, sprouts.
Oil your hair lightly. Use warm oil and massage lightly. It conditions and makes your hair shiny.
Always use a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
Avoid blow drying too much.
Avoid colouring your hair frequently.
Whenever you are using any products on your hair, make sure they are of a decent quality.
Love your hair:)
I have oily face. Could you suggest me any tips regarding to avoid oily skinny face? I want an effective answer from your side.
Hi I m 23 years male. I have very hairy body. What should I do rto remove my hairs permanently. Please suggest me best and money saving cure or idea. M waiting for your reply. thanks in advance.
I am 24 years old and. I am suffering from hair. Falling. Give me a best option to sort out this problem.
Keep your face clean. Use a mild face wash at least twice a day. Drink lots of water.
People with oily skin avoid oily food, butter, cheese and other dairy products.
Don't rub your face whenever you sweat, dab it.
When acne are present, do not touch them, press them or pick on them, this doesn't help at all. On the contrary, it leaves marks which are difficult to clear.
Avoid rubbing and scrubbing your skin.
These simple tips make the further treatment easy and more effective.
Avoid smoking and drinking
Take a good and sufficient sleep
Avoid getting out in the peak hours of the day. Or cover yourself as much as possible. Use sungllasses to protect your eyes.
Use a broad spectrum medically prescribed sunscreen with uva nad uvb blocking properties daily and regularly.
Use mild soaps and cleansers, use warm water, not too hot or cold. Moisturize your skin well daily.
Eat well. Take fresh fruits, curd or buttermilk, proteins and reduce on your tea or coffee
Relax, meditate and do little work-outs daily.