Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Zubeda Tumbi provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thank u mam
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Zubeda Tumbi to be very helpful, caring and professional. Thank you Dr.
Does garnia cambogoai tablets n green coffee helps in weight reductions? As its been very promisingly described in advertisement?
The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise.
I am 28 years old male and my height is 5'11" and weight 69 kg. Mesomorphic baby type, I have developed little fat in my Tummy .sir can you give me a balance diet chart. Which I can follow in my daily routine. Thank you.
I am doing exercise in the gym for the past 1 year. And I have the doubt can I take the HGH injections. And I want to know what is its advantages and disadvantages and can I go for it? What it will do for my body any changes in face hair or other parts of the body. Thanks in advance.
I'm male, underweight, Age -29, due to negative thoughts and chronic Anxiety, my weight is reduced. Now, I'm feeling very weak, weight loss, digestive disorder, sleep deprivation, frequent urination, chest pain, shortness of breath, In this connection, I contacted a doctor And he said that weight loss due to negative thoughts and chronic Anxiety is good for health. Is it good? Sir since hearing it, I becoming very confused. Or if I keep on taking such negative thoughts and confusion, will I get any cardiac problem and diabetes in future?
Sometimes, you are just doing your work with a whole lot of concentration and suddenly as soon as the clock strikes 3 p.m. you get the munchies. The sudden, strong desires for food are called cravings and they strike you when you least expect it!
The reason for this might be a neurotransmitter named as serotonin, which regulates your emotions, mood, sleep and, obviously, your appetite. Serotonin becomes slightly inactive by midday, which makes you crave salty and sweet snacks.
Here are some ways to curb your cravings:
- Don't skip breakfast, or lunch. Choose foods that take a long time to digest, so you can stay full for a longer duration. Whole grain bread and vegetables are good options.
- Don't go grocery shopping during this hour because you will end up buying junk food.
- Don't watch television as junk food advertisements will lead to cravings, as the images shown to promote these products, induces the desire, which eventually will lead to obesity.
- If you can feel your cravings still, choose to do something else, such as go for a walk or get yourself really busy with something till the urge subsides.
But if all else fails, then you have no option, but to give in and it is okay to give in sometimes. However, you should do it right and not reach for the nearest package of processed food! Instead, substitute the candy bar, or potato chips with the following options:
- Vegetable soup
- One slice of wholegrain bread with unsweetened jam/peanut butter
- Dried or fresh fruits
- Sweetened/unsweetened high fibre cereal with low fat milk
- Low-fat granola bars
- Smoothies made from fresh fruit and skim milk
- Low-fat yoghurt with fresh fruits
- Unsalted, unbuttered popcorn
- Hot chocolate with skimmed milk made from low-fat cocoa powder
Basically, your body craves for carbs during the afternoon. And the trick is to choose complex carbs (carbohydrates that digest slowly) over simple carbs (carbohydrates that are easier to digest). From the list above, you can see that mostly complex carbs have been mentioned. In fact, eating complex carbs will trigger your serotonin levels which will provide you energy, return your focus and make you happier! So it is okay to snack, just don't open that packet of chips and remember to eat the right things. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My weight is 86 kgs and my height is 6 feet im 15 year old boy. Is this weight ok for me or how much should my weight be.
I am 49 year old male. My triglycerides level is 360. Vitamin D3 level is 6. HDL is poor. Uric acid level is 7. Kindly suggest After effects of this condition. Diet I should take since l I have a very hectic touring job with no fixed time for food.
Hi Dr, Anitha here, am 39 years old, I am an diabetic, can I drink honey lemon in warm water early morning. Does my sugar level increase by doing this?
While cooking, one ingredient you cannot be without is oil. This is an essential ingredient in all types of cooking and no matter how little you put, a significant amount will still get into your body. Thus, it is of prime importance that you choose your cooking oil carefully. There are options, which are healthier than others and it is advisable to lean more on these options compared to the normal ones available in the market.
Considerations before choosing healthy cooking oils
It is important to not get into the marketing hype of various brands, which claim to be healthy cooking oils. Basic ingredients, no matter how refined, will still dictate how healthy the oil is. Some facts to consider are:
- You would want oils which are stable at high temperatures and don't oxidize easily. If oils oxidize easily, they form free radicals, which are harmful for your health.
- Unhealthy oils, even at lower temperatures will form polyunsaturated fats and thus, look for oils which have less of it.
Here are some healthy alternatives to the commonly found vegetable oils which are high in polyunsaturated fats.
- Olive oil: One of the staples and heroes of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil has long been the favorite of healthy cooking champions. It is good for the heart as it lowers LDL and encourages the growth of good cholesterol or HDL. It is also very low in polyunsaturated fats. You should try to go for extra virgin olive oil, although other variations are still better than normal vegetable oils.
- Palm oil: Also low in polyunsaturated fats, palm oil is rich in vitamin E and many other nutrients which make it a very healthy alternative to the normal vegetable oils you would usually buy from the market.
- Coconut oil: This variety of oil tends to have the least amount of polyunsaturated fats and is being touted as the healthiest alternative to normal cooking oils. Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid which helps to improve cholesterol levels within the body and is also know to have antibacterial properties.
- Avocado oil: Another healthy alternative, it may be a little difficult to find in the shelves as it is still uncommon. Again, this oil is also very low in unsaturated fats and is thus, similar to olive oil. You can use this oil for cooking or serve it cold as garnishing for dishes as well.
Indian market offers variety in oils and one can choose from sesame, ricebran, sunflower, safflower, canola , coconut and pure ghee too. Changing or rotating oils is healthy as it gives the body different essential fatty acids which it needs; for example we need a healthy blend of mono -unsaturates (50%) polyunsaturates ((30%) and saturated fatty acids(20%). However, you should consult your physician as to, which oil will be best for you.
Sgot 150 Sgpt 249 Iron 61 Vitamin D 8 Vitamin b12 170 Please suggest what should I do in these reports Diet? Food to avoid? Food to include? Is there anything serious?
I have hypothyroidism. Taking levothyroxine 50 mcg. I have noticed frequent burps. Can levothyroxine produce gas?
Sir one of my relative has diabetes problem from last 3-4 years. He take medicine when sugar level increases. Please suggest the diet chart and any medicine to cure the problem. His age is 48. Height is 5'7" and weight is 70.
What are homeopathic medicines for right epididymitis? I had taken all antibiotics, pain killers etc last 2 years. Its recurrent.
It has long been established that the kind of food you intake and the way you prepare it go a long way in deciding your digestive and overall health. A person is always advised to have a filling breakfast, a moderately elaborate lunch, but a beggar's dinner. This kind of a balanced diet helps a person to live a way healthier life.
The following points will help you to have a healthy dinner facilitating your wellbeing:
- Opt for a broth instead of something greasy and oily: If you plan to cook veggies on a pan, chuck the idea of using oil. Oily and greasy food should be your last dinner option. Excess oil not only complicates digestive processes, but it also interferes with your regular sleep patterns. The next solution available is to use vegetable broth in place of oil. Pieces of lean meat or diced vegetables steamed in some broth can make a yummy meal indeed.
- Try avoiding dairy products after sundown: It is hard for your body to break down dairy products, such as full cream milk or cheese at night. Dairy products are also fattening. It would be best to have these in the day. Contrary to popular belief, milk is not an essential part of an adult's diet. It is inevitable in your growing age. To fulfill one's bodily requirement of calcium without causing extra pressure on the digestive system, a generous helping of plain yogurt can be had with dinner.
- Drink water before you start with your meal: Water kills your ability to overeat. Many tend to drink soda or carbonated drinks alongside lunch or dinner; this is a bad practice. One may sip on to water while eating a meal, but that too in moderation. You should drink water before sitting at the dining table; this way you can successfully prevent yourself from overeating.
- Spices can actually help: Spice is not a vice. Spices bring added flavor to your food and subject you to the benefits of natural products. May it be a soup, broth or a salad; adding spices can prove to be effective. Cinnamon and turmeric can actually protect you against a host of diseases. Garlic fights off cancer. Using ginger to cook your dinner can also be extremely helpful.
- Whole grains pave your way to good health: Instead of having refined grains you should go in for whole grains. Whole grains are rich in fiber and fills you up for a longer span of time. Fiber can come to your aid if you suffer from chronic constipation as it is known to stimulate bowel movements.