Doctor in Dr.Sujay Hospital
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr.Sujay HospitalYour feedback matters!
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
Plastic Surgery is a speciality that deals with reconstruction, alteration and restoration of certain parts in the human body. It improves a person's appearance and may also help in improving the functionality of various body parts. It can be classified as either re-constructive or cosmetic Surgery:
- Re-constructive Surgery: These type of surgeries are used to correct various defects in the body such as injuries as a result of trauma, physical birth defects, deformities in the ear and cleft lips.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery is used to modify a part of the body for cosmetic reasons. The most common cosmetic surgery procedures are reconstructing the nose, removing fat from certain parts of the body and reshaping the breasts.
Outlined below are 5 facts about plastic surgery:
- Liposuction is popular among males: The most common plastic surgery among men is liposuction. So far, out of the 1 million plastic surgeries that men have undergone, most have been liposuction. The other popular cosmetic surgeries for men are face lifts and Rhinoplasty.
- 35-50 year old undergo the maximum number of plastic surgeries. In 2014, over 4 million procedures were performed on people whose ages were in the range of 35-50 years. The most common concerns were sagging skin and fine lines. Liposuction was the most popular surgery in this age group.
- Most women opt for breast augmentation: Breast augmentation often requires correcting various issues such as post-op sagging and various other tweaks like modifying the size of the implants. The number of revisions in breast surgeries has actually gone up compared to the initial breast surgeries.
- Asian double eyelid surgery: A surgery where the eyelids are altered to make your eyes look bigger and attractive. It is a popular surgery among Asian women.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Harm or damage to the skin from sunburns or cuts also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for vitiligo.
- Vitiligo may also happen from viral causes or may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo, but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo.