Doctor in Dr.Shyam Mithiya's Psychiatry & Sex Clinic
Submit a review for Dr.Shyam Mithiya's Psychiatry & Sex ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from erectile dysfunction like this. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. My boss referred me this Shyam Mithiya. I had lost hope, but the erectile dysfunction given by Shyam Mithiya has helped me regain my confidence. The lab in the drShyam Mithiya's Psychiatry & Sex Clinic was very clean and well managed. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
Hie, I am 32 years of age and wedded, I was experiencing erectile brokenness, which was likewise a noteworthy issue for my wedded life as my better half and I used to battle a great deal because of this. I likewise went to a great deal of different choices too and I abandoned specialists yet in conclusion a companion of mine educated me regarding Dr. shyam mithiya , so I went by him and I was so glad after the treatment he gave me. And furthermore his recommendation was extremely useful moreover.
Genuenly saying that shyam mithiya is a kind specialist with a decent staff and offices. I might want to express his ability in his specialities as I went by him for my sexual issue. My age is 37 years and was goiong through some sexual issues because of which I used to get aggravated and after that chose to go and get some assistance from specialist. After a considerable measure of pursuit I discovered Dr. shyam. I am presently an happy patient. God favor you sir.
I went to dr. shyam for my erection issue as he is a champion among the most famous pro for sexology in India. I live in delhi so it ended up being significantly more easy to guide him as he sits in delhi in a manner of speaking. I was content with Dr. shyams caring aura and illumination of the medicinal issue. The solution given by him and the treatment was adequate. I would state it is an impetus for money. Staff are amazingly pleasing, there charm great.
I was somewhat suspicious about my STD so I went to him for my STD check up and Treatment. I am Happy with Doctor. Dr. shyam is managing the circumstance of a champion among the most really and reasonably went up against issue of the overall population with yet no cure, so coolly just as he had as of late analyzed the entire story that I expected to inform inside a couple regarding minutes to judge my affliction and treatment for a comparative any tests.
I was suffering from hiv aids for which I consulted Dr Shyam.Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Thanks to him for the treatment.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Shyam Mithiya. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Shyam Mithiya is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my nightfall. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. It was amazing, the DrShyam Mithiya's Clinic was so nicely made. Overall nightfall treatment was very effective.
I was in so much stress due to my problem of low sperm count. The DrShyam Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Shyam Mithiya to anyone gladly. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
I am so much benefitted with his treatment for premature ejacuation, that I am perfectly fine now. Whatever tests Dr Shyam Mithiya prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. Hygiene is very important, and I must DrShyam's Clinic was extremely clean. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm.
I was shocked to experience the masturbation addiction.My boss referred me Dr Shyam. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my masturbation addiction. Both Shyam Mithiya and staff were very helpful. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Shyam for the perfect advice.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of male sexual problems . But I am so happy that I chose Dr Shyam for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
i was facing a lot of problems while having intercouse, all of it was happening for the first time to me. Even the ED was a major issue and also it started recently. I got scared and went to doctor shyam . He is a nice doctior and listemned to my problem nicely. I am completely fine now. Thnk u docotr.
Doctor shyam is a well disciplined and an amzing doctor, i visited him for my problem as i am 33 now. There are a great deal of good things I saw about him which I might want to say here : Dr. shyam mithiya is a decent audience and a tutor too. His solution is exceptionally useful and up to the check.
Hello i am 26 male, and went by specialist for my wedded couple issue. I was extremely content with his illumination of the therapeutic issue. Each something were fine anyway the treatment that they recommended me was not sensible for me and I think for a few, different people
I was in search of a well experienced sexologist, as somene referred Dr Shyam. The tight foreskin treatment given by him was very effective. I owe him a big thank for the best suitable treatment he gave.
I went to dr. shyam for my elder siblings disease which he was experiencing from past 5-7 months. Dr. shyam mithiya gave the correct guidance remembering my siblings wellbeing and age. God favor him.
Dr Shyam is a sexology specialist. I consulted him for my small penis treatment. His guidance and prescription has helped me immensly. I owe him abig thank for the treatment he offered.
Visited him for my wifes problem which she was suffering from a 10-15 days. Dr. shyam mithiya gave the right advice keeping my mothers age in mind. May he do really good in life.
Erectile dysfuntion was my problem due to which i visited him. he is a good dctor. Thank u sir. U saved my life qand also solved my issues and doubt. God bless you doc
Have had a very pleasant experience...one of the most talented docs...would recommend anyone n evryone to visit him. One word to decribe the doc is Problem solver
Male hypogonadism, also known as testosterone deficiency, is a failure of the testes to produce the male sex hormone testosterone, sperm, or both.Testosterone play an important role in sperm production.This condition can be due to a testicular disorder or the result of a disease process involving the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
This is of two types including:
Primary type of hypogonadism is also known as primary testicular failure, which originates from a problem in the testicles.
Secondary type of hypogonadism indicates a problem in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland through which parts of the brain that signal the testicles to produce testosterone
Either type of hypogonadism may be caused by an inherited (congenital) trait or something that happens later in life (acquired), such as an injury or an infection. At times, primary and secondary hypogonadism can occur together.
Common causes of primary hypogonadism include:
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Undescended testicles
- Mumps orchitis
- Injury to the testicles
- Cancer treatment
Causes of secondary hypogonadism:
A number of conditions can cause secondary hypogonadism, including:
- Kallmann syndrome
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory disease
- Concurrent illness
How Is Hypogonadism Diagnosed?
Your doctor will conduct a physical exam to confirm that your sexual development is at the proper level for your age. They may examine your muscle mass, body hair and your sexual organs.
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is the most commonly administered as a topical gel, transdermal patch or by injection and is the recommended treatment for male hypogonadism.
You can get testosterone replacement therapy by:
Injections of a gonadotropin releasing hormone may trigger puberty or increase your sperm production.
Patients can also improve testosterone levels with lifestyle changes, including:
In adult males, hypogonadism may alter certain masculine physical characteristics and impair normal reproductive function.
In today's time, when every one is struggling due to high stress levels, men are facing the brunt of it in the worst possible manner. Todat every 3 out of 10 men suffer from some type of male reproductive issue and one such issue is when the semen, during ejaculation, enters the bladder instead of leaving through the urethra, it is called retrograde ejaculation.
Causes behind it
When men orgasm, the vas deferens (a duct through which the sperm travels to urethra) moves the sperm to the prostrate, where other fluids mix with it to form liquid semen. The bladder neck muscle (the muscle at the exit to the bladder) narrows down, so the ejaculation doesn’t enter the bladder accidentally when it enters the urethra (tube inside the penis) from the prostate. If you are suffering from retrograde ejaculation, this bladder neck muscle doesn’t compress properly. This results in sperm entering the bladder instead of the urethra.
The causes which lead to weakening of the bladder neck muscle include:
- Prostate or bladder neck surgery
- Side effect of some medications, such as medicines taken for high blood pressure, mood disorders and prostate enlargement
- Nerve damage due to diabetes, spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis (a disease of the immune system wherein it attacks the protective covering of the nerves).
Symptoms that you must look out for
The symptoms and signs of retrograde ejaculation include:
- Dry orgasm: Little to no ejaculation is present when you have an orgasm.
- Cloudy urine after sex: The semen enters the bladder thus, making the urine cloudy
- Male infertility: Since there is hardly any ejaculation, conceiving becomes difficult
How it can be treated
Until and unless retrograde ejaculation interferes with fertility, it requires no treatment. In such scenarios, retrograde ejaculation is treated by taking a closer look at the underlying causes. If nerve damage is the cause, then drugs might help, especially for condition such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis and other diseases or surgeries. However, drugs are not effective if you had surgeries such as bladder neck or prostate surgery.
Being on drugs such as alpha blockers for high blood pressure or prostate problems, or medications for mood disorders, might cause retrograde ejaculation. In such cases, your doctor will advise you to stay off the drugs for some time. Since, infertility is a symptom of retrograde ejaculation, you might require fertility treatments, especially if you and your partner are trying for a baby. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sex addiction can result from a lot of reasons. From coping with a mechanism to self-pleasure, beating loneliness to excess sex during the teen, anything can be a contributing factor. While the scientific community still does not pinpoint this as a disease, an increasing number of individuals are being identified who are suffering from an addiction to sex. While there is no quick fix to it, Ayurveda has ways that can address sex addiction and fix it for good:
- Food is essential: There should be razor sharp focus on eating. Sattvik Food such as curd, milk, bread, wheat, rice, sugar, milk is some of the best food items to curve sex addiction. Fruits such as apples, bananas, grapes, mangoes and pomegranates play rich dividends in checking sex addiction. Popular meal preparation such as Havishya Annam and Charu are extremely helpful in curtailing sex addiction.
- Food to avoid: In Ayurveda food items such as meat, eggs, fish are considered as detrimental as far as sex health is concerned. They tend to increase sex addiction. The meat of buffalo, sheep or goat increases sex drive in an individual.
- Breathing exercise: Pranayama or slow breathing is another excellent way to reduce sex addiction. This is slow release and intake of oxygen. An expert supervision is required when it is performed for the first time.
- Working out: Daily jogging, running, working out or simply walking will go a long way in ensuring that an individual cut down his sex addiction over a period. Working out helps to profoundly sweat and helps the organ perform better. Not to mention, it lifts a person’s mood and installs loads of positive energy.
- Avoid addiction: Any addiction be it smoking, drinking, substance, drugs or marijuana can be extremely detrimental. External stimulus not only increases sex addiction but proves to be hazardous for the body over the long term.
- Keep hydrated: Remaining hydrated throughout the day is important. Drinking water, fruit juice, and other non-sweet drinks prove to be very handy in cutting down sex addiction. However, it should be ensured to refrain from drinking carbonated drinks. They increase fat in the body and make a person lethargic.
- Quick meditation: While meditation sounds daunting at times, it is not that difficult to do it. Sitting down in a quiet place and counting numbers from 1 to 100 is also a form of meditation. The idea is to concentrate and keep the focus for a stretch of time. Meditation greatly helps a person to curb sex addiction by keeping the mind focused.
- Ayurvedic tonics: Ayurvedic items such as Ashwagandha, Brahmi, and turmeric can help to reduce sex addiction.
In case you have a concern or query you can always s & get answers to your questions!
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido.Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal.
Sex is meant to be a pleasurable activity, but sometimes it can be painful for the man involved. Pain can be a symptom of a number of health conditions like an illness or infection or a physical or psychological problem.
Some of these conditions are:
- Peyronie's Disease: This is commonly known as erectile dysfunction and is characterized by the inability to achieve and maintain an erection. It can be a genetic problem or triggered by a traumatic accident. This makes the scar tissue in the penis bend thus making any sort of sexual activity painful and difficult.
- Prostatitis: This condition is characterized by the inflammation of the prostate gland. This causes pain, swelling and painful ejaculation. Prostatitis can affect men at any age and can also contribute towards erectile dysfunction and a lowered libido.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary tract infections affect both men and women. When it comes to men, it can cause pain during ejaculation and a burning sensation while urinating. It can also make the penis emit a foul smell. A yeast infection can also lead to an itching or burning sensation around the tip of the penis.
- Dermatitis: The skin around the penis is thinner than skin in other parts of the body. Sometimes, the skin in a man's genital area can be allergic to soaps, creams, fragrances etc. This can trigger inflammation and itchiness making sex uncomfortable. Such allergies are noted more commonly in men who have been circumcised.
- Herpes: Genital herpes can cause painful sores to erupt on the penis. This may be accompanied by an itching or tingling sensation. Herpes is also a sexually communicable disease and sex should be abstained from if you suffer from herpes.
- Psoriasis: Genital psoriasis can make the skin on the penis and scrotum dry and scaly. This can affect men of all ages. With friction, these scales can fall off leaving raw skin that is prone to bleeding. While non scaly plaque is more common in uncircumcised men, circumcised men are prone to scaly plaque. This condition can also be very itchy.
- Phimosis or Paraphimosis: Phimosis is a congenital condition where the foreskin of the penis is too tight to completely retract over the head of the penis. Paraphimosis is a condition where the foreskin cannot be pulled over the head as it is stuck behind it. In both cases, it can make having an erection very painful and can make intercourse uncomfortable.
So, it is always recommended to consult a sexologist regarding any of the condition of pain and uneasiness in sex before it gets worse as penis is a very delicate organ of a man. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The birth control pill is one of the best inventions in the medical field. At the same time, it has been misused and abused also. Whether it is to avoid pregnancy or to fight other hormonal issues like ovarian cysts or even severe acne, birth control pills are used extensively for purposes beyond what they were originally meant for. There are a lot of hidden facts about the oral contraceptive pills (OCP) or the birth control pills (BCP). Read on to know more!
- Plays with your mood: So, if you have experienced PMS, this is not new to you. Remember that chemically speaking, the BCP or OCP is just a dose of hormones. Therefore, it is very natural for a woman to have mood changes when taking the pills. You may experience anxiety and the irritability which sometimes can be hard to deal with.
- Affects sex life: It affects your sex life in multiple ways – reduces libido, shrinks the clitoris, and causes vaginal dryness due to the excessive hormones. All this, in effects, spells less sex, at least less enjoyable sex.
- Intestinal damage: The pill alters the normal bacteria present in the stomach. These bacteria are essential for the proper digestion and absorption of foods including vitamin B12, B6, B2, and C. Minerals like selenium, zinc, magnesium are also not properly absorbed. Therefore, the woman taking these over a long term can have these nutritional deficiencies. They are also more prone to develop stomach infections.
- Increased blood pressure: The pill causes increased blood pressure by constriction of the blood vessels. This in turn can lead to various other conditions like migraines, visual disturbances, increased risk of stroke, etc. Studies have suggested that the risk of BP increase is higher when the woman is also a smoker.
- Cancer connection: The OCP when regularly used can also cause cancer of the lungs, liver, ovaries, uterus, and endometrium. The estrogen level is constantly on the higher side, which in some cases can lead to cervical cancer. A woman taking OCP for 5 years or more should get evaluated for cervical cancer regularly.
- Beneficial too: For women in their early 40s who are not yet into menopause, taking the BCP under supervision can help in controlling symptoms like hot flashes and irregular bleeding.
- Other medicines interactions: If you are taking other medications, then talk to your doctor before popping that pill repeatedly. Antibiotics, antidepressants, and medical supplements should be discussed with your doctor before taking the pill.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It might be surprising for many to know that sex, along with pleasure, can offer several benefits as well. Sleeplessness, stress, weight gain, and heart problems are a few of the many conditions that find relief with regular sex.
Yes, making love can do wonders for your health, in various ways. Sex is a part of life that people usually relate to pleasure and intimacy, both physical and emotional. Here is an account of the health benefits sex can offer you-
1. Boosts the immune system
Studies have shown sex to be extremely effective in increasing the production of immunity-boosting IgA or antibody immunoglobulin A. Increased levels of IgA results in boosting the immunity power of the body as it makes the body stronger against infections and illnesses.
2. Improves the heart health
Regular sex can not only boost the health of your heart but can also prevent risks of heart attacks. In both men and women, engaging in sex can be a great form of cardiovascular exercise that can reduce the risks of hypertension, stroke, and heart-related diseases. Sex is considered to be an effective way of burning calories which is certainly beneficial to not only your heart but to your overall health.
3. Lowers blood pressure and manages stress
From lowering the blood pressure to relieving one from stress and anxiety, sex can be healthy in various different ways. Sex is responsible for increasing certain hormone levels in the body, such as endorphin which helps in creating a good mood and relieving stress. Even when under stress, sex has a significant role to play in preventing the blood pressure from rising up.
4. Ensure better sleep
Sound sleep leads to sound health. And various studies have shown that once orgasm is achieved, certain hormones are released that can make one feel relaxed and sleepy. Therefore, having a satisfying session of sex can help you achieve uninterrupted sleep. And when the sleep you have is an undisturbed and profound one, waking up next will naturally be a refreshing experience with energetic feelings.
5. Improves bladder control
In women, regular sex helps in strengthening the pelvic floor. And a strong pelvic floor is necessary for reducing the risks of incontinence, contractions, etc. So, in a way, sex helps in improving women's control over the bladder. Plus, a strong pelvic floor can also be beneficial in reducing the chance of vaginal prolapse and making the penetration less painful during sex.
In case you experience any sexual issues that prevent you from enjoying the experience with your partner, it is advised to opt for immediate medical attention. Consult with a sexologist if need be, as sex is an integral part of not only the reproduction process but also the overall health.
A good sex life is essential for overall emotional and physical well-being. No matter how big or small the problem is, there are various ways that a couple can improve their sex life. However, to be able to do that you must understand that the sexual well-being is extremely important for your mental, emotional and physical health. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, proper diet and most importantly communicating with your partner can go a long way in helping you get through the tough times.
Read on to know some tips that can help bring back the lost spark and boost your sex life:
1. Talk to your partner
You may often find it difficult to discuss the sex-related problem with your partner. This could be due to various reasons such as a feeling of shame, hurt, guilt or resentment. Few things that can help have a frank conversation with your partner are: find a right time, do not criticize, be completely honest and confide in your partner.
Tip: It is important to understand that sexual performance does not equate with love. Having sexual difficulties does not mean that the love between the two of you is lost.
2. Strategize and focus on self-help
Dealing with a sexual problem is much easier now. There are various medications that can enhance the sexual experience. Taking help from professional sex therapists can also be an excellent way to deal with major sexual difficulties. Making changes in your style in bed can also spice up your sex life, here are few things that can help: Getting ready for the act, maintaining physical affection, engaging in foreplay, taking control during the sexual act and trying different positions.
Tip: Experimenting with sex toys or engaging in roleplay can add spice to your sex life and help get rid of sexual problems.
3. Maintaining a good health
Sexual well-being is directly connected with your overall health. Therefore, maintain a healthy lifestyle and keeping good health can do wonders for your sex life. Taking care of few factors such as: eating right, exercising, managing your weight, quitting smoking and drinking can definitely improve sexual health.
Tip: Seeking help can be a great option when above-mentioned tips don’t work. Proper counselling can help in identifying the problem and finding a solution for the same.
4. Reduce stress
Stress can be one of the major causes of many health issues, one of them being the loss of libido. Excessive stress can also increase blood pressure. Both stress and blood pressure can damage sexual health and performance. Exercise can go a long way in reducing stress, thus improving sexual health. Stress can result in irritation, mood swings and engaging in habits like alcohol consumption and smoking which can hamper sexual performance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The coitus was great, but after everything is over, why do you feel so sad and depressed? If you feel like fleeing or if you need some reassuring physical contact after intercourse, you might be suffering from a psychological condition called 'post-coital tristesse' (PTC)
What does it mean?
Post-coital is a Latin phrase while tristesse is a French word which literally translates to “sadness”. If you suffer from PCT, you might experience intense feelings of uneasiness, anxiety or sorrow immediately after coitus, or even two hours later.
Why does it happen?
- There are specific hormonal changes during sex and immediately after it. Two main hormones involved are ‘dopamine’ and ‘prolactin’. Dopamine is a neuro-hormone that precedes the release of adrenaline and is linked with feelings of pleasure and sexual arousal; while prolactin is the hormone responsible for producing milk in women (men secrete it as well). Dopamine is released in copious amounts during sex, so to counter this, prolactin is released. Prolactin drastically reduces dopamine levels, and this can make you sad.
- The other cause is psychological. Under the influence of dopamine, you might end up saying things you regret later. This too can result in sadness and depression.
Is it different for men and women?
Yes, men and women handle PCT very differently. Men feel like leaving so that they feel less sad. On the other hand, some men choose to stay, which only worsens their condition. It makes them associate sex with melancholic feelings. Women, on the other hand, crave for reassurance and physical touch from their partners. Nice words or cuddling can ease their discomfort. Suffering from this might result in disaster for them. When the man flees and the woman needs reassurance, it will lead to negative feelings about sex and development of resentment for each other.
Can abstinence and avoidance help?
Abstinence can help if you do not have an active sex life. Time away from sex can actually help you understand your problems better. However, abstinence can trigger depression, low self-esteem and extreme emotions of loneliness.
Are there any other solutions?
Communication and therapy are traditionally the best treatments for PCT. Talking to a therapist, alone or together with your partner, can help you with a solution.