Submit a review for Dr Mulchandani Medical ServicesYour feedback matters!
There are many myths surrounding fat and weight loss today. From fad diets to exercises that promise to burn fat in no time at all, the Internet is flooded with material and information that can confuse people. So here is our list of facts and myths regarding fat loss.
- Starving: This one is a big myth! Do not starve as this will only make your body store fat from whatever little you may be ingesting. Also, such habits will chisel away at your bone and muscle strength in the long run.
- Snacking: Avoiding snacks for fat loss is a myth. You need to divide your meals into smaller portions for faster fat loss, which means one or two of those meals could actually be snacks. But a snack which comes in the form of a bag of chips is bad news. So get a salad or almonds for a snack instead.
- Carbs: If you have come to believe that all carbs are bad, then you need a reality check. This one is a major myth. The body requires nourishment above all else, and this includes some amount of carbs. While having a cheese burger is a big no no, having a potato salad minus the heavy cream dressing is actually a good idea and will give your body plenty of energy. Get the drift?
- Calories: While you may have been led to believe that certain kinds of food can burn calories, this is actually a myth. The reality is that there are different kinds of calories and you must choose food that is high in fibre so that the metabolic system gets a boost. Food like oats which come with high dietary fibre can actually help in pushing the food out of your digestive system, faster and more effectively.
- Eating Right and Exercising: Many people believe that eating right and exercising is the best way to banish fat from your life - forever. This is a myth. After a certain age, the metabolism does slow down. Eating right and exercising as a matter of routine helps in avoiding a sudden and massive weight gain. Above all, your diet and exercise should be flexible so that you can accommodate a slowdown without piling on fat.
The fat loss journey is one that is based on a consistent system of eating right and staying within a routine. So avoid myths and get yourself a well nourished, active and well rested body.
People who have obesity, compared to those with a normal or healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions, including the following:
Causes of death (mortality):
1. High blood pressure (hypertension)
2. High ldl cholesterol, low hdl cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia)
3, type 2 diabetes
4. Coronary heart disease
6. Gallbladder disease
7. Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
8. Sleep apnea and breathing problems
9. Some cancers (endometrial, breast, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver)
10. Low quality of life
11. Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders4, 5
12. Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning.
I want to loose some weight I have not feel fresh and energetic my problem is very important, which is treating only by you.
Lose weight and increase height without medicines for your support and increase height without medicines.
How to control my diet?.. Day day my weight is increasing. I wnt to control it. Can you please make a diet chart for me. So I can follow it.
Hello doctor I am 26 year old male I want to lose belly fat but how I already work out for my morning exercise for an hour I have good personality but I have belly fat and I always feel I am so weak and my weight is105 and my height is 6 feet so please solve my problem doctor thank you.
Sir namaste, sir I have back pain last 4 years my duty nature was sitting 12 hrs some time good seat will come some times uncomfort seat will come that is why I suffered back pain give me suggestions my age is 33 and my weight 105.
My uric acid levels are more and I am prediabetes and my weight is 85 kg and height is 5.8 and I am vitamin D deficiency what diet should l take to lose weight.
I am 23 years old female. I have bloated tummy. I am slim otherwise but I have lil fat in my belly. How to get rid of it fast.
I have hypothyroidism and because my age 22 my weight is 77 I am diet and walking but my weight is not less what to do.
I have pcod. I am 23 years old. Because of that I have been developing fat on my tummy. Although I have not gained much weight. But I am having lot of tummy fat. How to control that?
I have lost appetite. Plus I can't eat more than 2 roti. I have also lost 2 kg weight in past 4 months. Is it problematic.
Is your partner pestering you to lose weight? Is constant fatigue and weakness a common complaint of yours? If yes, then it is time to knock those extra pounds off. Besides raising your self-esteem up by a few notches, it will also keep you fitter and healthier. Ayurveda is an age-old system of medicine that is holistic, natural and free from side-effects, unlike conventional treatment methods. Here are some tips that you may employ to keep your waist slick:
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy does not only mean avoiding junk food; it also includes picking the right kind of healthy foods. So eat a well-balanced diet comprising of a mix of carbohydrates, fats and protein. Include plenty of vegetables in your diet as they contain little calories and are filled with antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage. Stay away from junk food as they contain hidden sugar and fats that could wreak havoc on your waistline.
- Get Moving: If you think exercise could be the last thing, prepare a new list wherein exercise enjoys the utmost priority. You can start your day with a 20 minute jog which will not only keep the kilos off but also improve your mood. Aim for 30-40 minutes of light exercise every day to burn the extra calories. If you have a sedentary job, then take frequent breaks to move about.
- Limit Liquor Consumption: Excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks, such as beer takes a toll on your waistline. It contains empty calories that are easily converted into fats by the body. So if you are going drinking with your friends, remember not to drink like a fish.
- Combat Stress: Stress can add to your weight as it can induce binge eating in some people. Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation to bring down stress levels. You can also practice simple breathing techniques (pranayama and other breathing asanas) to help you relax.
Types of Ayurvedic Massages For Losing Weight
Udvartana - It is the most widely used technique for toning and weight loss. This technique involves the combination of certain prescribed herbal powders along with oil and it is applied to the body. This technique helps build body strength along with accelerating fat loss. The trademark of this massage technique involves some specific movements and each session is recommended to continue for a span of about 45 minutes every day for visible results.
Advantages of Udvartana:
- Improves complexion and makes the skin look fairer
- Helps to burn unwanted excess fat and breaks down cellulite
- You will see reduction in body odour
- If you get a general feeling of heaviness, then this massage technique is recommended for you
- Circulation in the skin is improved
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.