Doctor in Dr Jayesh Shah
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr Jayesh ShahYour feedback matters!
I have a problem that is I can't breath by nose and I try steam water treatment for 2 weeks but 0% relief and now please help me. And I do regular exercise and running 1 mile since 8 months so breath is morning breakfast for me instead of that no relief so please help me please?
Hi, From last 7 days ago I feel congestion in my ear. First I thought it is due to air and did not care. It feel like there are some water remain in ear after bath. After 3-4 days it also not ok with me. I am feeling same. And observed less hearing activity in one ear. I consulted a doctor he told me it may due to cold and give candibiotic ear drop and doxycycline tablet. I used the medicine 2 days but found no change. What will I do. I never insert except earbud in my ear. Is it a very serious problem or not. Kindly share useful words for my cure. Thanks a lot.
I'm doing night shift I won't sleep in night times I'm feeling full drowsiness and dizziness. Is there any best tablet to recover my health. Please advise
I have chronic sneezing problem. Be in winters or spicy food or mornings, I end up with blocked nostrils followed by runny nose. Please advise
I am 62 year old man in general good health, recently I had stayed awake whole night witnessing a temple festival programme, where a lot of dust was generated due to large crowd as well as getting wet in the heavy downpour towards early morning. The very next day I had felt throat irritation followed by running nose and a little chill now and then. I aggravated this by taking brandy with hot water thinking it will cure my cold. Now what medicine should I take to cure myself. I am due to travel long distance on sunday that is 36 hrs from now. Thank you.
Mera problem hai ki mere gale me kuch bhari bhari sa rehta hai kuch atka sa lagta hai kuch aisa lagta hai jaise gale ka hole chota ho gya hai or sath me main apne aap ko Mota bhi feel kar raha hu mera pet bhi badh gya hai khana bhi dhang se pachta nahi hai aisa lagta hai khana uper hi pada hai dhak-kar bhi khana khane ke bahut der bad thodi thodi aati hai 15-20 bar samaj nahi aa raha ke gale ke doctor ke pas jau ya pet ke doctor ke pas ya liver ke doctor ke pas jau. Please advise
I'm 35 years old, and am suffering from sinusitis last 2 yrs, I have used many antibiotics but no change, and I have gone surgery for this problem in 2015, but no change, please help me, thank you.
I've started Azee 500 for throat infection but started dyrhia from 1st day. I took flora BC, Is it ok?
Hello. I hav redness in throat and pain while swallowing and sometimes sore throat. It always comes during the evening for past 10 days. Kindly treat me please.
Why do I always have sore throat and redness on throat ive used antibiotics and lot more medicines but wouldn't help. I have nasal conchae blockage of nose is that a reason for always having sore throat or anything else serious?
Causticum 30 ki do bond kan m dalte hi sound or tez ho gya or zalan bhi ho raha hai. Jaldi bataye kya karu.
I'm facing a problem of bleeding nose. All of a sudden the blood come out of one nostril in every 2-3 days.
Hi, last week I have used grenade fat burner for just 2 days 1 capsule early morning empty stomach so 2 day I observed that my heart rate was 170 to 180 while fast walk so stopped the cardio and rested suddenly I just feel like dizziness and heart rate was 120 on resting. I just stopped using that fat burners I have given 3 days gap to workout 4th day after workout I have started cardio just fast walk again felt dizziness on that time my heart rate was 130. Kindly suggest me what's wrong in my system consulted doctor he suggested ECG and eco reports was normal.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
Mere winter me mucus bhut aata hai or dark yellow aata h jiss se nose close ho jati hai. Please advise me
My nose born is somewhat tilted and it don't create any problem previously. But from the last one year my throat feels stiff and discomfort. Is this the problem of heavy Mucus fall in the backside of my tongue. Is the surgery only the solution of this problem? I am feeling all time discomfort in my throat. Please suggest.
What is a foreign body (FB)?
Foreign body or FB is an object or piece of extraneous matter that has entered the body by accident or design. It is common to see certain items getting stuck in the ear, nose or throat especially, in young children. While most of the time they do not raise an alarm, however, sometimes they can lead to severe consequences like rupture of the eardrum or even choking.
How do FBs affect ear, nose and throat?
- Children over 9 months develop an ability to pick up objects. As they explore the environment around them, they tend to put items such as peas, beans, marbles, beads, cotton, paper, etc, in their mouth, nose or ears. A similar trend can be seen in adults with mental disorders.
- Trauma/ fall/accident can force FBs like rock, pebbles into the ear, nose or throat.
- Adults while riding a bike or sleeping on the ground (campsites) can have insects: flies, ants, roaches fly into the nose or ear.
- Choking occurs when FBs block the airway, common reasons are: not chewing the food properly, diseases like Parkinsonism, drinking alcohol or certain drugs that slowdowns the process of swallowing.
Managing FB in the ear, nose and throat
- Make sure the patient is sitting in an upright position, pull the pinna or outer semicircle of the ear towards the back. This can help you see the object clearly and also loosen it to wiggle out. If you can see the object clearly, use a tweezer to grasp the object and gently remove.
- In case a live insect gets trapped inside the ear lie down and place few drops of warm vegetable or baby oil. Use oil only if symptoms of eardrum perforation like pain, bleeding/discharge from the ear is absent.
- Tilting the head to the affected side can facilitate gravity to dislodge the object.
Foreign bodies in the nose:
Symptoms: Pain and difficulty in breathing from that side of the nose.
Management: Keep the uninvolved nostril closed by pressing a finger against the side of the nose and gently ask the person to blow from the affected nostril.
Foreign bodies in the throat:
Symptoms: Choking, inability to breathe and speak
Management: Perform Heimlich maneuver: abdominal thrusts, if trained otherwise, it is advised to call for medical help immediately.
How can you prevent foreign bodies from entering your ear, nose, throat?
- Discourage talking, playing, laughing when food is in the mouth.
- Do not give whole grapes, popcorn, nuts to children below 3 years.
- Keep small objects out of reach of small children.
- Teach children to avoid placing objects into their nose, ears.