Doctor in Diet Clinic
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Diet ClinicYour feedback matters!
My serum creatinine level is 1.64 I am diabetic fasting average 128-138 PP 212-224 I need complete diet plan for indian food Including chicken and fish.
I'm 19 years old and my weight is 60 kg ,and also am fat .can you help me with proper diet and exercise which will help me reduce my weight and remain fit.
I am a basically normal boy I want to gain some weight and suggest me what shout I eat and how much calories should I take in take and give me a diet plan and thing should I eat.
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a potentially life-threatening condition that causes a steep drop in blood pressure, resulting in deprivation of oxygen to the organs, which in severe cases leads to death. This disease has been associated with menstruating women who use superabsorbent tampons. It was first recognized in the 1970s and 80s when women using tampons of certain brands were affected by this syndrome and those brands were immediately taken off the market. This disease primarily affects tampon wearers and harmful effects of cervical caps, diaphragms, and menstrual sponges have surfaced.
New mothers are susceptible to TSS as well as those who are recovering from a surgery, are wounded or are using prosthetics. It is important to know about its symptoms so that you can identify the disease and seek professional help at the earliest.
Warning signs of TSS include:
An overgrowth of bacteria called staphylococcus aureus (staph) causes this disease. It can be found primarily in female bodies. This is one of the many staph bacteria that lead to skin infections in burn victims and patients recovering from surgical wounds. Group a streptococcus (strep) bacteria is another cause of this syndrome.
Siblings are most definitely, the best thing to have ever happened to anyone. We fight, we laugh, we play and we defend. No matter, whether you are the best buddies or you cannot even stand being in the same room, you two (or three or four!) share an inseparable bond, which will last for a lifetime. Siblings are surely in for the long haul, while friends and colleagues may just come and go. But do our sibs really influence us?
The weight issues!
Obesity has been known to run in generations and families, but there have been studies which show that siblings have an influence, especially when we talk of the waistline. Researches’ conducted from a 2014 based study at Duke University from the Sanford School of Public Policy show that if the older sibling is obese, the chances of the younger one, being the same increase fivefold. This is regardless of the fact that the parents are obese or not.
Though there is little evidence supporting the theory of birth order affecting personality, there sure is enough to support that siblings do shape the same for each other. Siblings do develop separate identities for themselves and in the same run, affect and shape the personality and characteristics as well as the behavior of the other, to a major extent. For instance, a person would make more of an effort to become an outgoing person, if his/ her sibling is shy and quiet. In case of families with three kids, this is more likely to happen among siblings of the same gender instead of the opposite genders.
The first teachers!
Navigating social situations are what we first learn from our siblings. A daily practice in understanding foreign minds and getting an insight of the outer world is what we first get from our siblings. Strong bonds between two kids at home have shown better and more successful connections with peers at school.
Saving marriages is their task!
Being a part of a bigger family reduces the chance of divorce due to more chances of being accustomed to adjustment. Ohio State University concluded in a 2013 study that every sibling reduces divorce risk by 2%.
Squabbling of siblings is as natural as the rain. Yet, the reasons for the fight can have major health implications. Quarrelling about issues like fairness and equality can lead to experiencing higher levels of depression. The same has been concluded by a 2012 study of the University of Missouri. Fighting over personal space can lead to development of low self-esteem and anxiety.
But they are happiness boosters too
You know that already! Having siblings is in itself a joyful experience.
An abnormal junction or connection between two organs or tissues is referred to as a “fistula”. It targets two hollow organs, vessels, or tissue structures. It occurs mostly in the rectum, vagina, however can affect the intestines and the eyes too. It results in extreme pain, discomfort and should be treated as immediately as possible to prevent infection.
It can induce sensations of:
- Extreme irritation or itching
- Discharge with unusual odor (if the fistula is located near the anus/vagina)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excess pus
- High body temperature
- Blood discharge
In case or prolonged tension and pain in these areas, a proctoscopy should be conducted for diagnosis. It most commonly occurs in women who have sustained prolonged labor (over 2-3 days). However, other causes include:
- Digestive malfunction
- Abscesses(formation of pus in hollow organs)
- An unhealthy lifestyle which includes excessive indulgence in alcohol and tobacco
Ayurvedic treatment for fistulas are available which aim to sooth the inflammation by slowly remedying the wound through natural and safe measures. Since Ayurvedic practices are non-toxic, non invasive and completely safe, one can avoid the drastic measures that surgery consists of, and also avoid the side effects of medicines.
Ayurvedic remedies of fistulas include
Ayurvedic doctors have developed several oils, ointments and medications that are readily available in the market. The medications usually consist of a mixture of herbs, roots and plants that aim to restore the physical systems and also soothe the affected area.
- The importance of buttermilk added with rock salt and black pepper also allows the enzymes of our body to multiply and thereby cure the fistulas internally.
- Radish juice with a pinch of cumin is also recommended to be consumed after meals to improve digestion and empower the immune system.
- A healthy lifestyle and fitness routine consisting of yoga and exercises also contribute to improve conditions in the patient by facilitating blood circulation and metabolism.
CML refers to Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. This type of cancer originates in the bone marrow. It occurs when a genetic change takes place in immature myeloid cells. These cells are responsible for the production of platelets, red blood cells and many types of white blood cells. As a result of these changes an abnormal gene known as BCR-ABL is formed. In turn, this gene converts the myeloid cells into CML cells.
As cancer progresses, the cells spill out of the bone marrow and enter the circulatory system. The cells are transported through the blood to other organs and can settle in various other parts of the body. CML is a slow growing cancer but in some cases, it can turn into fast-growing cancer that is hard to treat. It is more common amongst adult and is rarely seen among children.
Studies on CML are directed towards both the understanding of how cancer develops and how it can be treated. Scientists are making steady progress towards understanding how a person’s DNA can change and in turn cause a mutating of bone marrow cells into CML cells. For this, researchers are studying what changes can make a cell grow fast, live longer than usual etc.
There are a few drugs that have proven to be effective in the treatment of CML. These drugs target proteins like BCR-ABL. However, not all patients benefit from it. Hence, studies are now underway to evaluate how it could be combined with other forms of treatment such as cancer vaccines, interferon or chemotherapy to be more effective. It is also being combined with other medicines to study the effects.
New drugs have also been developed to target and treat CML. In cases where CML cells create a mutation known as T315I by changing the BCR-ABL cells, the cancer is resistant to many different types of therapy. This includes targeted therapies like nilotinib, imatinib, and dasatinib. Thus, drugs are being created that can treat this mutation. Another type of drug that is being developed is known as farnesyl transferase inhibitors. In some tests, these are also being combined with imatinib.
Vaccinations that can protect a person from CML are also being studied. For this several vaccines have been developed and are currently being tested for effectiveness. CMLVAX100 is one such vaccine. Some studies have shown that when this vaccine is combined with imatinib, it is more effective.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
The coitus was great, but after everything is over, why do you feel so sad and depressed? If you feel like fleeing or if you need some reassuring physical contact after intercourse, you might be suffering from a psychological condition called 'post-coital tristesse' (PTC)
What does it mean?
Post-coital is a Latin phrase while tristesse is a French word which literally translates to “sadness”. If you suffer from PCT, you might experience intense feelings of uneasiness, anxiety or sorrow immediately after coitus, or even two hours later.
Why does it happen?
- There are specific hormonal changes during sex and immediately after it. Two main hormones involved are ‘dopamine’ and ‘prolactin’. Dopamine is a neuro-hormone that precedes the release of adrenaline and is linked with feelings of pleasure and sexual arousal; while prolactin is the hormone responsible for producing milk in women (men secrete it as well). Dopamine is released in copious amounts during sex, so to counter this, prolactin is released. Prolactin drastically reduces dopamine levels, and this can make you sad.
- The other cause is psychological. Under the influence of dopamine, you might end up saying things you regret later. This too can result in sadness and depression.
Is it different for men and women?
Yes, men and women handle PCT very differently. Men feel like leaving so that they feel less sad. On the other hand, some men choose to stay, which only worsens their condition. It makes them associate sex with melancholic feelings. Women, on the other hand, crave for reassurance and physical touch from their partners. Nice words or cuddling can ease their discomfort. Suffering from this might result in disaster for them. When the man flees and the woman needs reassurance, it will lead to negative feelings about sex and development of resentment for each other.
Can abstinence and avoidance help?
Abstinence can help if you do not have an active sex life. Time away from sex can actually help you understand your problems better. However, abstinence can trigger depression, low self-esteem and extreme emotions of loneliness.
Are there any other solutions?
Communication and therapy are traditionally the best treatments for PCT. Talking to a therapist, alone or together with your partner, can help you with a solution.
In some cases, frustration can tend to be positive and can give you another perspective or view on things. It can also give you the ability to continue going further until you achieve your objective. However, there are times when you are going in circles and the dissatisfaction makes you frustrated and this frustration can cloud your mind and judgment. To avoid that from happening, there are certain approaches that will help you overcome your frustration:
- Be present in the moment: When you are frustrated, you tend to think about a lot of things. This keeps the individual completely occupied with different kinds of thoughts. Even if you try to avoid it or distract yourself, you again start to remember a disappointment from your past. You need to snap out of those thoughts and calm yourself down by centring your brain and thoughts on what is presently going on around you. You can do so in the following ways:
- Concentrate on relaxing: Take a seat, close your eyes and simply concentrate on the live events and concentrate on them for one to two minutes. Take quiet and marginally deeper breaths than regular and inhale with your stomach and not the chest. Concentrate on what is around you as of now. The sun sparkling in through your window, the children playing out on the road, the vehicles or the individuals passing by. Take in the details.
- Try to be happy with what you have right now: After you have pulled your concentration and thoughts back to where they can be most useful, focus on what is still positive in your life. The easiest and least demanding approach to do so is to centre it on acknowledging what you do have in your life right now. The most unimportant of things at this point can prove to be the most beneficial. For example:
- A warm home and a rooftop over your head.
- Water to drink.
- Getting to eat great food.
- Access to the internet and other forms of technology that make life easy.
- Your loved ones.
- Focus on what you can do at this moment: With the amount of frustration and anger you might be feeling, it is important for you to concentrate on what you can do at the moment i.e. at present. It might involve figuring out what has been the cause for your frustration and how it can be dealt with right now or what the alternatives for it are.
Then again, you could also take your time to understand that you may have taken a lot of pressure or things have been extreme. Hence, you have to take some time or a couple of days to simply unwind, deal with yourself and maybe calm down a bit.