Doctors in Chest Clinic
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of Asphyxia
Treatment of COPD
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Persistent Cough
Treatment of Fluid in the chest
Treatment of Occupational Lung Disease
Treatment of Asbestosis
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Breathing Problems
Treatment of Lung DIseases
Submit a review for Chest ClinicYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 51 years old and a Civil Engineer and suffering from asthma science 15 yrs. L use inhalers foracort 200 and livolyn. Can I get rid of the in healers. I also use to do yoga kapalbhati, anulom vilom, and other for 45 to 60 minutes daily.
Sinusitis refers to an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses.The main things that make sinusitis more likely for adults are infections and smoking.However there are other causes for the same as well and its important to take guidance from a good doctor in case you face any such issue.
Tuberculosis or TB is an airborne disease that mainly affects the lungs and has the potential to be fatal. People with an impaired immune system such as newborn babies, pregnant women or women who have just delivered a baby, diabetics, cancer patients and HIV positive people are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. However, this disease can be prevented and treated.
Here are a few ways to protect yourself from this bacterial infection.
- Keep your distance: TB is a communicable disease and hence can spread from one person to another. If someone around you suffers from this disease, try limiting your contact with them. In cases where this is not possible, wear protective gloves and a mask to keep yourself safe. Avoid crowded, unhygienic places and always wash your hands with a disinfectant after contact with a TB patient.
- Boost your immunity: A strong immune system can fight off TB bacteria and keep you from getting infected. To build a strong immune system, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with the required amount so carbohydrates, proteins and fats every day. Along with this, consult your doctor and start taking multivitamins or antioxidants on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper hygiene: Keeping your surroundings clean are crucial to the prevention of tuberculosis. Ensure that not only your home is kept clean, but the surrounding area is cleaned as well. Do not allow garbage to accumulate around your house. Make it a habit of washing your hands with disinfectant soap every time you come home and before eating anything.
- Vaccinate your children: When getting your children vaccinated, ensure that your child also receives the BCG or Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine that can protect him or her against TB.
- Ventilate the house: The bacteria that causes tuberculosis, thrives in stagnant air and enclosed spaces. Hence, open your windows and let some fresh air in. Not only does this prevent the multiplication of bacteria and viruses in your house, it also does not allow your home to have a musty odour.
- Follow the complete course of treatment: If you have been diagnosed with TB, it is essential to complete the full course of antibiotics and not stop midway even if the symptoms have disappeared. Not adhering to the prescription gives the bacteria the ability to develop resistance to the drugs. When this resistant bacteria is exhaled it can infect more people with drug-resistant tuberculosis that is harder to cure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Environmental Pollution may have immense effect on Respiratory health of children.It may occur both as a short term and long term consequences which need to be understood for awareness.
Asthma is a disorder of respiratory system from multifactorial causes.
Some common etiological factors that triggers asthma are given below
Allergens - Our body is exposing numerous allergic substances which are otherwise known as allergens or antigens. Those allergens or antigens when get inside our body starts developing allergic reaction that leads to constriction of respiratory tubes and results asthma. In India average 30 to 40 million people are suffering from asthma. The allergy and asthma is a common health problem now a day not only in urban areas but spreading to rural areas too. In our daily life we are exposing lots of allergens either from the air or from foods or from medicines etc. the air allergens like pollens, dust mites, pet dander, molds etc. those are creating allergic reaction in those people whose immune system is hypersensitive to those allergens. Similarly many proteins found in various food stuff also create allergic reaction in some individual like nut allergy, egg allergy, milk allergy, crab allergy, wheat allergy etc. Those foods contain some specific proteins which are allergic triggers for some individual.
Respiratory infection – Respiratory infection like flu sometimes convert to bronchial asthma in some hypersensitive individual. Taking of cold drinks or ice-cream in cold weather sometimes triggers asthmatic complains in some individual whose body are hyper susceptible to allergy. Similarly in many corporate sectors the employees who are working 10 to 12 hours in air condition room may develop asthma generally due to temperature variation inside and outside office.
Changes of weather – the allergic prone individual get the asthmatic attack in change of weather. When the summer season change to rainy season they develops asthma, similarly in winter season they get frequently attack of asthma. Some people are so sensitive even change of climate can triggers asthmatic problem to them.
Place change – The climacteric condition also put a lot of impact in asthmatic patient. The climacteric condition is not same in all states or countries. Some peoples are more prone to allergy and asthmatic condition in more humidity climate than dry climate. When they change the place their asthmatic problem reduces a lot. similarly the peoples who are staying city areas more prone to asthmatic condition than village area because of more exposure to pollution , chemicals, smokes in urban areas than village areas.
Occupational asthma- occupational asthma is now the most common job-related respiratory disease in developed countries. It is caused by inhaling fumes, gases, dusts or other harmful substances while in the job. Exposure to various harmful gases like sulphur dioxide, ammonia, hydrochloric acid which is generally found in petroleum or chemical industries causes asthma. The workers of paint industry, plastic industry exposes to various chemicals in airs that triggers asthmatic condition in them. Peoples who are working in stone cutting also get asthmatic problem.
Emotional factors – not only the physical or atmospheric factors are responsible for asthma but the emotional factors also plays role in creating asthmatic condition in many individuals. Suppression of anger, emotion, and excitement can be the cause of asthma. Any suppression of emotion put impact on the immune endocrine axis that result asthmatic condition. Sometimes more crying or laughter develops short term asthmatic condition
Suppression of skin diseases - suppression of skin diseases like eczema, allergic dermatitis by any external application may suppress the skin condition but in later part of life it explore out in form of allergy or asthma symptoms.
Hormonal changes, GERD – hormonal changes during menstrual cycle sometimes initiates temporarily asthmatic condition. The reflux disorders occasionally develop asthmatic condition.
Homeopathy treatment for asthma – There are good homeopathy medicines which can treat the asthma successfully. Homeopathy medicines offer a long lasting cure to the asthmatic condition because it targets the cause of the problem. For example if the person is hypersensitive to any allergens it helps to modify or rectify the hypersensitivity of the immune system of the asthmatic prone person so that whatever he exposes does not get allergic reaction. But to treat the asthma homeopathically requires taking a detail case history of the patient. The case history does not means the collection of symptoms only of the asthmatic symptoms but all the symptoms of his physical, mental, emotional, temperament , social behaviors, family history, past history that altogether gives an impression of the person’s individuality and the medicines are selected according to that symptoms. It is called constitutional homeopathic treatment.
Besides that the acute symptoms of asthma like shortness of breath, wheezing sound, chest congestion, and cough are also needed to control as quick as possible to give a relief to the patient. There are many homeopathic medicines that can be given to control the acute symptoms. Dr Satapathy at Multicare homeopathy has developed homeopathic nebulisation medicines that give instant relief to the asthmatic symptoms by nebulising.
Commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for asthma
Aconite, ipecac, arsenic album, sulphur, aralia, grindelia, blatta, coccus cact, cuprum met, ignatia, natrum mur, thuja, tuberculinum, psorinum, nux vom, pulsatilla, carbo veg, napthalin, aspidosperma, natrum sulph, natrum phos, cina, moschus