Doctor in Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Bombay Hospital & Medical Research CentreYour feedback matters!
The nephrotic syndrome refers to a kidney disease. Nephrotic syndrome is triggered when the glomeruli (tiny structures in the kidneys) malfunction or are damaged and allow too much protein to enter into the kidneys. Nephrotic syndrome is a chronic ailment but not very prevalent. In India, fewer than 1 million cases are reported every year.
Who is susceptible to Nephrotic Syndrome?
Children, especially between the ages 2-6 are vulnerable to coming down with this ailment. It is prevalent more amongst male children than female. Around 3-4 children out of 100,000 are affected by it. Age of onset determines how severe the syndrome will be.
What are the symptoms of Nephrotic Syndrome?
Nephrotic syndrome is characterized by swelling up of the face. The swelling spreads to other parts of the body. This is when most doctors will recommend a urine test to confirm if the child has contracted nephrotic syndrome.
Diagnosis of the disease-
Nephrotic syndrome can be diagnosed following procedures to test the presence of high cholesterol and low albumin levels in the blood. The doctor will also document the ratio of urinary protein to creatinine of more than 2 to confirm the diagnosis.
Nephrotic syndrome treatment-
The treatment options for the symptoms of nephrotic syndrome are as follows-
• If nephrotic syndrome is detected in children less than 3 months of age, they will only require albumin transfusion and diuretic medication. For older children, oral steroids are a trusted medication only after determining that there are no underlying diseases.
• Parental counseling is necessary so that they can understand the medicine dosage, duration and side effects of steroidal treatment. Parents need to purchase uristix that can reveal protein levels in urine. It is imperative that parents regularly monitor their child’s urine. This way, the syndrome does not become aggravated and the child does not need to be hospitalized.
Medication for nephrotic syndrome can be steroid sensitive or steroid insensitive.
• In the case of steroid-sensitive medicines, swelling keeps recurring frequently or infrequently. But it is not followed by an infection. These are called relapses that require other immunosuppressive drugs. Regular follow up is recommended.
• For steroid resistant medication, a kidney biopsy is mandated to understand the underlying cause of nephrotic syndrome. Based on the test results, the doctor initiates calcineurin inhibitor therapy. This procedure is performed by a pediatric nephrologist in children.
The dosage depends on the child’s weight. Inadequate or overdose can harm the child.
The side effects of steroids include-
Diet for nephrotic syndrome-
A proper diet can work wonders in controlling the symptoms of nephrotic syndrome. A doctor usually recommends cutting down on salt and advises minimum intake of fluids. Since cholesterol levels go up with this syndrome, a diet low in saturated fats is suggested. Even though nephrotic syndrome is accompanied by loss of proteins, a high protein diet is not recommended because proteins aggravate the syndrome.
When the underlying causes of nephrotic syndrome (other diseases that trigger it) are cured, the symptoms of nephrotic disorder dissipate. The proper diet and medication will ensure that a child outgrows the disease and lives a healthy life.
I had irregular periods now I'm taking crina ncr 10 mg from last 2 weeks. Now how many days I got periods?
My wife has PCOS (small) and currently we are trying to have baby, apart from PCOS she does not have any problem. And for mine I do not have any problem as per the current doctor and reports. And now doctor suggested Ovulation induction (medicine) but we are not getting result. Please help what next.
Hello Dr. My sister had unprotected sex with her husband and got periods after 12 days. And for next 2 months she didn't get her periods and she used cyclonorm e and p for 3 days. In how many days she can expect her periods.
Tips to Prevent the Spread of HIV-
- Sex with protection (condom)
- No multiple partners (sex partners)
- Avoid intercourse with sex workers especially unprotected.
- Avoid unprotected sexual intercourse at massage parlors.
- Avoid intercourse with anonymous that too without protection.
- Avoid bisexual activities.
Stay in a healthy and faithful relationship with your partner.
Diagnosis of depression starts with a consultation with a doctor or mental health specialist. It is important to seek the help of a health professional to rule out different causes of depression, ensure an accurate differential diagnosis, and secure safe and effective treatment.
Many infections can be caused due to high-risk sexual behavior. These are known as'sexually transmitted infection (STI). These can be bacterial viral parasitic commonly.
Among many infections, only two are preventable by use of vaccines, HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) and Hepatitis B Virus. It is best to take them before the onset of sexual activity. However, something is better than nothing. So even after the start of sexual life, one can get these. Both vaccines have three injections in the first 6 months.
Homeopathic Medicines for Ovarian Cyst -
- Lachesis muta – Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts on left side
Lachesis muta is a homeopathic medicine for left ovarian cysts. Swelling and pain in the left ovary that gets better during menses, short and scanty menses, and menstrual bleeding that is blackish in color are the symptoms that indicate the need for this medicine.
- Lycopodium clavatum – Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts on the right side
Lycopodium clavatum is a homeopathic medicine for right ovarian cysts. Burning or boring pains may be felt in the ovary. Irregular periods, profuse or prolonged periods, pain during intercourse and abdominal bloating are the main symptoms that indicate the need for this medicine.
- Colocynthis – Homeopathic medicine for painful ovarian cysts
Colocynthis is a homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts that are painful. The pain varies in character, ranging from cramping, stitching to tensive. Burning sensation in the ovaries that gets better upon bending over double and a sensitive ovarian region that seems hard and swollen are the symptoms that indicate the need for this medicine.
- Apis mellifica – Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts that cause pain during intercourse
Apis mellifica is a homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts that cause pain during intercourse. A stinging, sharp, cutting pain from the ovary radiating down the thigh, soreness and tenderness over the ovarian region, heaviness in the ovarian region and pain in the ovaries during menstruation are the symptoms indicative of Apis mellifica.
- Pulsatilla nigricans – Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts with scanty menstruation
Pulsatilla nigricans is a homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts with scanty menstrual bleeding. A tendency of delayed menstruation, menstrual colic, chilliness, vomiting, heavy pressure in the abdomen and lower back, a pressure in the bladder and rectum are the symptoms that indicate the need for this medicine.
- Sabina officinalis – Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts with heavy menstrual bleeding
Sabina officinalis is a homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts with heavy menstrual bleeding. The menstrual bleeding is usually bright red, and copious, with the presence of dark clots. Movement tends to worsen the bleeding, and pelvic pain that extends down to the thighs is present. Dragging pain in the back and lower limbs, and bloating and distension in the pelvic region are the symptoms that indicate the need for Sabina officinalis.
- Sepia succus – Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts with irregular menstruation
Sepia succus is a homeopathic medicine for ovarian cysts with irregular menstruation. The periods may be early or late, scanty or profuse, or of long or short duration. A bearing down sensation in the pelvis, soreness, fullness, pressure, distension, and pain in the pelvic region with a frequent urge to urinate are the symptoms that indicate the need for this remedy.