Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Bhanushali's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Do you worry about your friend or relative’s drinking habits? You are not alone. There are people who struggle for years with the same question - How can I tell if the person I love is an alcoholic or not?
Well, the good news is that you don’t need to be a medical professional to figure out the right answer to this vital question. Read on to find simple ways to know whether your loved one suffers from alcohol addiction.
First up is a short quiz about drinking habits, developed by Dr. John Ewing to identify alcohol addiction. Treat this as a pointer and take your loved one to an expert, if it points towards alcohol addiction. You can ask these questions directly to your loved one, or you can answer these questions on their behalf.
According to the developers, one "yes" to the four quiz questions signals a problem, and more than one “yes” means that it's time for you or your loved one to get professional help.
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?”
There are many signs of a serious drinking problem. These include certain behaviours such as:
- Drinking just for getting drunk
- Drinking alone
- Keeping alcohol consumption a secret
- Drinking to escape problems
- Hiding alcohol bottles
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms like getting irritated or experiencing nervousness, nausea, getting shakes, breaking out into a cold sweat, and getting hallucinations when unable to source alcohol
- Having problems at work, school, or home, as a result of alcohol consumption
- Losing interest in activities you or your friend used to enjoy
- Having blackouts due to heavy drinking
- Anger and extreme irritation
Other extreme behaviors to watch out for are:
- Being able to drink an awful lot of alcohol
- Trouble stopping once your loved one starts drinking
- A powerful urge to drink
There is another scientific way to determine, if your loved one is an alcoholic. In the US, medical professionals commonly use a criteria, listed in the fourth edition of the ‘Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders’. According to it, the signs and symptoms of alcoholism are clearly laid down and it states that alcohol dependent people:
- Will drink more to get their desired effect from alcohol
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when the effect of alcohol wears off
- Drink larger amounts of alcohol over a longer period of time
- Will be unable to consistently control their drinking
- Will leave important work for drinking
- Will spend a lot of time during the day getting alcohol, drinking it, and recovering from hangovers.
- Continue to use alcohol, despite knowing that their chronic physical or psychological problem is caused due to alcohol.
- To be declared alcohol-dependent, your loved one must experience at least three of these criteria during a year.
However, there is still no one definite test to diagnose alcohol-use disorders. Therefore, professionals diagnose them by making use of the patient’s comprehensive medical, family, and mental-health information.
Eating right and exercising are key to healthy weight loss. In no case should you ever consider crash dieting or any form of extreme diets. There are many different types of diets popular today. The most common side effect of dieting is that in most cases weight loss stops the moment a diet is stopped and the individual begins to put on weight instead. Here are a few other after effects of dieting.
- Tiredness: Most diets are centred around limiting your food intake. As a result of this, the body has less food available to convert into energy. This also causes a drop in blood sugar levels. As a result of this, you may find yourself tiring easily and with less energy to go about your normal day.
- Mood changes: Fluctuating blood sugar level can also make you feel irritable and depressed. Limiting your food intake can make you crave food which further adds to your irritability. By cheating on your diet with a sugar laden snack you may cause further fluctuation of insulin levels. This can be seen in the form of temporary elation.
- Slow metabolism: The body needs a certain calorific amount to function. When this is not available, it will turn to stored fat reserves and slow down the rate of metabolism. This can lead to a loss of muscles instead of fats and even stall your weight loss. This is commonly seen in cases of extreme weight loss.
- Loose skin: Dieting only addresses the fat underneath your skin. As you put on weight, your skin stretches to accommodate the gained pounds. Hence, losing a lot of fat can leave you with loose skin and sagging folds. This usually occurs on the upper arms and abdomen. The amount of loose skin left depends on the speed of weight loss, the amount of weight lost and your age. In this case, exercise does little to help and the only way to tackle the loose skin is through plastic surgery.
- Gallstones: When you cut down on the fat quotient of your diet, your gall bladder does not contract as often. In many cases, this can lead to the concentration of bile which further leads to the development of gall stones. These gall stones can be quite uncomfortable and can cause a stomach ache as well. To avoid this, do not cut out fats completely, but include a few healthy fats in your diet.
Whooping cough lasts up to 10 weeks, makes you vomit, and can even be fatal. True or False? Take this quiz to find out.
1. Whooping cough or pertussis could become serious and can even be fatal.
Answer - A: True
While whooping cough may be painful and last for a long time in adults, it rarely becomes fatal. However, in infants and children less than a year old, it can be fatal. If you think your child is suffering from whooping cough, you will need to take action to reduce its effects. Aloe Vera is one of the most effective ayurvedic remedies in this case. Mix equal parts of Aloe Vera juice and honey to make a mixture. Take a teaspoonful of this mixture and have it twice daily to reduce the symptoms and also fight the infection.
2. Which amongst the following oils is a great remedy for whooping cough in Ayurveda?
Answer – D: Almond oil
Almonds, apart from being a great source of varied nutrition, are also a potent weapon in fighting cholesterol. Almonds also have many other properties that can help with fighting infections. These can be useful in treating the symptoms of whooping cough. Mix 10 drops of onion juice and 10 drops of garlic juice with 5 drops of almond oil. Take this mixture three times daily for a few days and you should see results quickly.
3. Whooping cough is a viral infection.
Answer - B: False
Whooping cough is actually a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis. It usually spreads through droplets in the air from an infected person to an uninfected person. It can also spread by touching surfaces where the infected droplets fall. Cough can be quite extreme and painful not only in children but among adults as well. Drink honey mixed with boiling water as a beverage akin to tea. This is a great ayurvedic remedy to soothe the symptoms, especially if you have a very sore throat. It also helps to cure whooping cough quicker.
4. One of the common symptoms of whooping cough among the following is:
A & B
None of the above
Answer – C: A & B
Whooping cough is especially dangerous because when you start coughing, it puts so much stress on your body that you may end up vomiting or even fainting. Garlic is a great ayurvedic remedy that can help reduce the symptoms of whooping cough. It contains ‘allicin’ which has superb antibacterial properties. Make a paste by crushing a few cloves of garlic. Filter this through a sieve and get the juice extracted. Drink a teaspoonful of this juice thrice every day and you should see remarkable results quickly.
5. If no action is taken, whooping cough may last up to 10 weeks.
Answer - A: True
Whooping cough is also sometimes referred to as the 100-day cough as it can last for up to 10 weeks. This can be a really painful time for the patient. Known as ‘Dushta Kasa’ in Ayurveda, there are many effective remedies that can counter it and cure it much quicker. Remedies include castor oil mixed with milk, ginger and honey mixes among others. The best thing is to consult an Ayurveda Practitioner for proper and exact remedies tailor made for your condition.
I am diabetic since 16 years taking tresiba 40 units along with Novorapid thrice a day of dosages 18 units, 10 units and 10 units respectively. But my blood sugar level is fluctuating. One time blood glucose level come down very low and other time it shoots up to 328 mg/ dl. Kindly suggest. I have thyroid also and is normal. No blood pressure and any other. Kindly suggest I am very worried about my sugar level.
I have get blaker skin for this monsoon and its get oily .so what I do for my skin .to look fairer and freshly type.
I am having nightfall daily. When I get frustrated by having continues nightfall I masturbate. 2 days I got relaxed. But after that again nightfall starts. I am getting weaker day by day n also low confident. Going backward in study. Whenever I ask someone and on YouTube also only says one thing, this is natural, let it happen" what I am very nervous. please help me.
My father is suffering from para nasal sinus .Once he already got operated 20 years back. What to do. Can it can be treated with homeopathy or auryeda.
I am a diabetic patient since 15 years. FBS is 98, PPBS140.My serum creatinine 1.20 ca, ph,sodium are under control in normal range. But I am in diet control (S.Creatinine reduced from 2. 0).My age 52, Height 5'3" weight 40 Kgs (Before kidney problem it was 58. What calorie food I should take to increase weight not affecting Blood Sugar and Kidney?
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido. Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal.
I am 15 weeks pregnant. I am suffering with large amount of white discharge. My Dr. Gave me advice to take nuforce cd3 for 3 days. Is it safe for my baby?
My uric acid is 7.4.I am suffering from neck and arm pain since 6 months. Some doctors said it is due to survival and some said it is survival. Please help me about it and guide me about its remedy and all .initially I was taking muscle relaxants and now I am taking febucip.
I had mtp in 20 days of pregnancy after that my bleeding was not stopping till 1 month I bleed for which I took trenaxa now my bleeding is stopped but there is some brown color fluid coming out means 1-3 drops in a day and sometimes I feel mild stomachache .My ultrasound and CBC report is normal Which I have earlier shown to my doctor .Can you please help me out with this I am scared of if it is associated with cancer and why it's not stopping. If it could be an infectious condition please tell me some medicine.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.