Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Belle Vue Multispeciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Vertigo can be due to several different causes. Positional vertigo related to inner ear is completely curable if diagnosed and treated correctly. If you have any type of vertigo don't just take vertin instead seek help from a Vestibular Specialist trained specially to evaluate and treat vertigo from root level.
The inflammation of the sinuses is a condition referred to as sinusitis. This can be caused by a number of factors including infection, allergies, air pollution, nasal polyps, septal deviation etc.
The symptoms of acute sinusitis may include -
- Pain over the affected sinuses
- Stuffiness of the nose or Running nose
- Loss of smell
- Sore throat or cough
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating acute sinusitis effectively without side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda:
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Turmeric - Turmeric is one of the most effective cure for sinusitis and has been used in Ayurveda for centuries. One has to inhale the smoke generated when a turmeric stick is burnt. To do this take a piece of dry turmeric and dip in oil [coconut or gingely oil will do] and light it. When it starts burning put off the flame and you will see the at smoke is generated. Inhale this smoke through each nostril three times. repeat this twice daily for 3 days
- Ginger-Garlic-Turmeric-honey-lemon recipe – Ginger, garlic and honey have powerful antimicrobial properties. Turmeric has anti bacterial and ad anti allergic properties. Lemon and ginger are powerful immune system boosters. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with garlic, turmeric and honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, drink warm black tea with lemon, ginger and honey several times daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Watch your diet - Ayurveda considers diet an important part of the treatment process. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of luke warm lemon tea with honey is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Sweets, processed foods, dairy, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when suffering from sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Swimmer’s ear is a condition, which is characterized by an infection in the outer ear. This infection usually stems from the water that remains in the ear after swimming, forming a moist environment that allows bacteria to grow and procreate. This condition can also develop if you happen to insert your finger or other foreign objects into the ears.
The symptoms of this disorder are usually mild in the beginning, but may worsen if left untreated. In its germinating stage, this condition exhibits symptoms such as itching in the ears and a watery discharge. If the disorder has progressed to an advanced stage, then the symptoms become slightly different. An intense pain on the particular side of the face, swelling in the ear and blockage of the ear canal are some of the common symptoms. In extreme cases, swelling of the lymph nodes and moderate to high fever can be indicative of this condition.
The causes of swimmer’s ear are bacteria that are found in soil and water. Your ears have a natural defense system against infections; glands in the ear secrete an acidic substance called ‘cerumen’ that kills the bacteria. The ear canal has a downward slope from the middle ear to the outer ear, thus allowing the water to drain out. Swimmer’s ear occurs when these defenses fail to work. This happens when there is excessive moisture in the ear canal, creating an environment for the bacteria to grow. In addition, certain factors such as swimming in dirty water, a narrow ear canal and excessive cleaning of the ear canal can lead to this condition.
The aim of the treatment is to prevent the infection from progressing and allow the ear to heal. The first step is to clean the ear canal so that the eardrops can reach the affected area. Once the ear is cleaned, eardrops are administered to get rid of the bacteria. The various medications that are used in the treatment of swimmer’s ear are:
1. Antibiotics: They are used to combat the bacteria that cause the infection.
2. Acidic solutions: It is used to restore the normal environment in the ear.
3. Steroids: These help in reducing the inflammation.
You may also be prescribed pain medications to treat the pain resulting from this condition. Try to avoid swimming till the condition heals completely. Make sure you aren’t inserting any foreign object in the ears as that may aggravate the situation further. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
What Causes Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere's Disease is a disorder that basically affects the sense of balance and hearing of the patient. This condition takes place in the inner ear and it may cause problems like vertigo, where patients experience a spinning sensation and a ringing sound as well. This is a chronic disorder, which requires a number of lifestyle changes so that it can be managed and treated without becoming a debilitating problem.
Read on to know more about the symptoms and causes of the condition.
Symptoms: The various signs and symptoms of this disease include a feeling of fullness in the ear, which has been affected by the condition. Also, most patients have a spinning sensation and a ringing sound in the affected ear. Nausea and vomiting may also be caused by this condition, along with sweating and loss of balance. It is also normal to feel uncoordinated when you are suffering from this condition.
Secondary Symptoms: This condition may also cause many other complications, which are known as secondary symptoms. These include anxiety, depression and stress. This usually happens due to the problems in the ear and even the problem of vertigo. This may cause problems for people who climb heights or ladders for their work or even for other recreational causes. The constant sense of dizziness and spinning may cause a person to become anxious and undertake stress when it comes to carrying out various kinds of functions in day to day living.
Causes: There are various causes of this condition, even though many medical reports suggest that the exact cause has not really been understood so far. As any doctor will tell you, the in the inner ear there is a labyrinth which contains fluids. When there is a problem with the composition and level of these fluids, the patient may develop Meniere’s Disease. This condition specifically affects the inner part of the ear. This part is made up of passages and a cavity as well as soft membrane like structures with hair like sensors. These sensors respond to the fluid’s movement within the ear. When this fluid does not have the appropriate levels, it can lead to many complications like Meniere’s Disease, which affect the nerve impulse that these sensors catch and transmit to the brain.
Stages: This disease progresses over a set of three stages. In the very first stage, the patient will experience much dizziness and nausea, before that progresses to the second stage. In this stage, the patient will have moderate to severe vertigo. This is also known as the middle stage. Finally, this may culminate into the third or late stage, which leads to more frequent episodes of vertigo. The hearing of the patient and the ringing sound in the ears will also get worse in this stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I have tightness in right side of throat and x ray show elongated styloid process in left side but ct scan shows both sides are elongated. What is best medicine.
Since few months, I have a feeling of something stuck in my throat. There is no pain but just a discomfort. please let me know the problem.
Hello. I had sex with my male frnd about 4 months ago! now im going through chronic pharyngitis and tonsillitis! I got this on 23 july! mean about 2 months ago! .but my frnd do not have hiv +ve! hes normal! .am I at risk to get from non infected person too?
गले में संक्रमण या खराश आजकल एक आम समस्या है. जब भी आपको 38 डीग्री सेंटीग्रेट से अधिक बुखार हो, गले या गर्दन में सुजन हो, निगलने में परेशानी हो या पेट दर्द हो तो आपके गले में संक्रमण हो सकता है. गले में खराश आने के कई कारण हो सकते हैं जैसे प्रदूषित हवा, बदलता मौसम, अत्यधिक ठन्डे पदार्थों का सेवन, प्रतिकूल खान-पान आदि. इसलिए अपने गले का ध्यान रखना महत्वपूर्ण है. गले में खराश से बचने और हो जाने पर इसे दूर करने के लिए कुछ घरेलु उपचार हम आपको बता रहे हैं.
1. गुनगुने पानी और नमक
गले में संक्रमण का सबसे पहला और आसान उपाय ये है कि आप गुनगुने पानी में हल्का नमक डालकर दिन में तीन बार गरारे करें. क्या होता है कि आपके गले में संक्रमण की वजह से सांस की झिल्ली की कोशिकाओं में सुजन आ जाती है और गरम पानी के गरारे से सुजन में कमी आने के कारण गले में खराश से राहत मिलती है. गुनगुने पानी में सिरका मिलाकर पिने से भी आराम मिलता है.
2. भाप से गले की सिकाई
कई बार आपके गले में खराश का कारण गले का सुखना भी हो सकता है. इसमें राहत के लिए आपको किसी गमले या इसी जैसे खुले मुंह वाले बर्तन में पानी खौला कर तौलिये या किसी बड़े कपड़े को सर पर रखकर भाप लें. दिन में दो बार ऐसा करने से आपके राहत मिलेगी.
3. अदरक और लौंग
एंटीबैक्टीरियल गुणों से भरपूर अदरक और लौंग गले में इन्फेक्शन से उबरने में काफी मदद करते हैं. एक लौंग मुंह में रखकर उसका रस धीरे-धीरे चुसें. एक कप पानी में अदरक डालकर उबालें और जब पानी गुनगुना रह जाए तो उसमें थोड़ा शहद मिलाकर इसे दिन में तीन बार पिएं. ये भी गले में संक्रमण से बचने का घरेलु उपाय है.
4. मुलेठी भी दूर करे गले का संक्रमण
मुलेठी औषधीय गुणों से भरपूर होता है. गले में खराश से बचने के लिए आप सोते समय एक ग्राम मुलेठी की छोटी सी गांठ मुख में रखकर कुछ देर चबाने से सुबह तक गला साफ़ होता है. इससे दर्द और सुजन दोनों दूर होता है.
5. काली मिर्च, बताशा और तुलसी
सभी घरों में आसानी से उपलब्ध बराबर मात्रा में काली मिर्च और बताशा मिलाकर रात में सोने से पहले धीरे-धीरे चबाएं. इसके अलावा एक कप पानी में 4-5 कालीमिर्च एवं तुलसी की पत्तियों को मिलाकर काढ़ा बनाकर पिने से भी राहत मिलती है. काली मिर्च के साथ दो बादाम पीसकर पिने से भी आराम मिलता है.
6. अंजीर और सुहागा
गले की खराश मिटाने के लिए उपलब्ध कई घरेलु तरीकों में एक ये भी है कि पानी में 5 अंजीर डालकर उबाल लें. फिर इसे छानकर पानी को सुबह-शाम गर्मा-गरम पिएं. इसके अलावा आधा ग्राम कच्चे सुहागे को भी मुंह में लेकर उसका रस चूसने से फायदा होता है.
7. मुनक्के से मिटे खराश
कई लोगों को अक्सर ही गले के संक्रमण से दो-चार होना पड़ता है. उन्हें जुकाम में एलर्जी के कारण भी गले में तकलीफ का सामना करना पड़ता है. ऐसे लोगों के लिए सबसे बढ़िया उपाय है कि वो सुबह शाम दोनों समय चार या पांच मुनक्का के दाने खूब चबाकर खाएं लेकिन ऊपर से पानी न पिएं. 10 दिन लगातार ऐसा करने से आपको राहत मिलेगा.
8. दूध का दूध, पानी का पानी
रात को सोने से पहले दूध और पानी की समान मात्रा मिलाकर पिने से भी लाभ मिलता है. ऐसा करने से गले में नमी आती है.
पालक के पत्तों को भी इसके लिए इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको पालक के पत्तों को पीसकर इसकी पट्टी गले में बांधनी होगी. फिर इस पट्टी को 15-20 मिनट के बाद खोल दें.
गले के संक्रमण से सौंफ भी सुरक्षा प्रदान करता है. जब भी आपके गले में संक्रमण हो आप सुबह-सुबह चुटकी भर सौंफ मुंह में लेकर धीरे-धीरे चबाएं. इससे भी आराम मिलेगा.
Will everyone get acute hiv symptoms! I know hiv cannot depend on symptoms I should get tested! But I want to know will every 1 get acute hiv symptoms and can symptoms be mild as just sore throat? Without any fever or rash.
I am suffering from nasal discharge from childhood. Ear operate in2001 and nasal operate in 2010. But problem is same. Bad smell is created from nose. All problems create all times. Plz advise me.
I suffer from sinusitis with no smelling sensation, crackling sound in ears. Heaviness in forehead while leaning forward down. Mild watery discharge from nose since last one year. Tried homeopathy and Miami treatment but problems still persist.
I have a scratchy throat and upper respiratory infection when I swallow it hurts. It started as travelling by Train Ac was too chilly for me I felt cold subsequently after 3 hours this sensation occasion al cough and nose also watering at times .feeling cold and lethargic.
What is Vertigo and what causes it?
Vertigo is a sensation or feeling of spinning around and losing one’s balance even though there is no movement in you or environment.
What causes vertigo?
If the vertigo is caused by problems in the brain or central nervous system it is referred as central vertigo and if the vertigo is caused by problems in inner ear, then it is termed as a peripheral vertigo.
The labyrinth of the inner ear has tiny organs that allow messages to be sent to the brain in response to gravity. By intimating our brains about the movement from the vertical position, we are able to maintain balance or equilibrium. Disturbance to this system therefore produces vertigo that can be created by inflammation among other causes.
The inflammation can be observed in the following conditions -
This is inflammation of labyrinth and vestibular nerve (the nerve that is responsible for encoding the body’s motion and position)
This is due to inflammation of the vestibular nerve.
It is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and fullness in the ear. The cause of Meniere’s disease is unclear but likely involves both genetic and environmental factors. A number of theories exist for why it occurs including constrictions in blood vessels, viral infections, and autoimmune reactions.
Patients having slight degeneration of the cervical spine and presence of osteophytes also have a tendency to develop Vertigo.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV):
(BPPV) is the thought to be caused by a disturbance in the otolith particles. Otolith particles are the crystals of calcium carbonate presnt in the inner ear fluid that pull on sensory hair cells during movement and so stimulate the vestibular nerve to send positional information to the brain. In people with BPPV, endolymph fluid continues to move even after normal head movement has stopped.
BPPV vertigo can also be caused by
- A head injury
- Reduced blood flow in a certain area of the brain
- An episode of labyrinthitis
- Ear surgery
- Prolonged bed rest.
Central vertigo occurs by following causes -
- When there is disturbance to the part of the brain (brainstem and cerebellum) that deals with interaction between the senses of vision and balance and,
- Sensory messages to and from the thalamus.
- Migraine headache
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Multiple sclerosis: The inability to move the eyes to the midline toward the nose.
- Acoustic neuroma: Vertigo causing one sided ringing in the ear and hearing loss.
Symptoms of Vertigo:
Vertigo is normally caused by a change in the position of the head. The following symptoms may be experienced by the people, who are suffering from Vertigo
- Feeling nauseated
- Pulled to one direction
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
Treatment for vertigo:
Treatment for vertigo depends upon the type and severity of the problem. Avoiding consumption of substances that can affect circulation, including caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol, drinking plenty of fluids.
Consumption of lavender and vitamin-D rich food.
Physiotherapy exercises include head and body movements done while sitting on bed (It is better to take guidance of physiotherapists for better and fast relief.)
Medications or treatment can be taken only after doctor’s consultation. Homeopathic treatment is fast and the relief will be long lasting. In most of the cases homeopathic medicines cured the disease without surgeries and side effects when conventional medical system suggested surgery.
Common remedies for Vertigo :
1. CONIUM MACULATUM - Conium is an excellent remedy for the treatment of vertigo with difficult gait, trembling, sudden loss of strength while walking. People complain about vertigo when lying down and turning over in bed. Slight noise or conversation of others or even shaking the head slighlty produces vertigo.
2. COCCULUS INDICUS - Vertigo accompanied by nausea during travelling can be very effectively treated with this Homeopathic medicine. Cocculus gives very good results when the Vertigo is accompanied by nausea.
3. BELLADONNA - Severe throbbing of the head associated with vertigo. Patient feels that he is falling to left side or backwards. It is also effective in patients with Cervical Spondylosis.
4. CALCAREA FLUORICA - Best remedy for treatment of Vertigo due to Cervical Spondylosis where bony tissue is involved.