Fibers are the carbohydrates and are the indigestible part of the food.They are actually not digestible, but help a lot in digestion.They are derived from plants and offer a lot of health benefits. They make our body light and fit and is commonly known as roughage.
What are the advantages of having fiber in your diet?
Other health benefits of fiber includes reducing the incidence of heart disease, lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels and inflammation and even weight loss. Fiber can help with weight loss because it creates a fullness within your intestine, which aids you in eating less.
Fiber is of two types:
Insoluble fiber: It does not dissolves in water. It is the bulky fiber that helps in preventing constipation and is found in whole grains, wheat cereals and vegetables such as carrots, celery and tomatoes.
Soluble fiber: They dissolves in water and help in controlling the blood sugar level and reduce cholesterol. Good sources include barley, oatmeal, beans, nuts, and fruits, such as apples, berries, citrus fruits, and pears.
What are the health benefits?
- Digestive health: Let’s get this one out of the way first. Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements by bulking up stools and making them easier to pass.
- Heart disease: Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, is an important element of any heart-healthy diet. Eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Diabetes: A diet high in fiber particularly insoluble fiber from cereals can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes. If you already have diabetes, eating soluble fiber can slow the absorption of sugar and improve your blood sugar levels.
- Cancer: There is some research that suggests eating a high-fiber diet can help prevent colorectal cancer, although the evidence is not yet conclusive.
- Skin health: When yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks of acne.
Obesity is a common nutritional disorder that has resulted into stress among people of all age groups. The mushrooming of slimming centers, weight loss pills and diet plans in the recent past are all pointers of how people are disturbed by obesity. The condition results from excess accumulation of fats in the body as a result of excess intake of food. When you take an excess of 50 calories in a day, you are said to increase weight by 25 kgs within a ten-year period. While scientists largely attribute the cause for the condition to intake of excess food, studies also reveal that genes could play a significant role too. There is no cure for obesity but a method that is slowly gaining popularity for countering obesity successfully is homeopathy.
For many years now, homeopathy has been used as a mode of treatment for obesity across many countries in the world. The mode of treatment usually is constitutional and needs a detailed case history of the patient and evaluation so that the best remedy can be selected...
- Calcarea Carbonica is a homeopathic medicine that is administered when a patient has excess fat in their abdomen. The constitutional symptoms are profuse perspirations on the head, low tolerance for cold air and strange cravings like desire to eat chalk.
- Natrum Mur is used for patients with excess of weight in their thighs and buttocks. Excessive heat and intolerance towards sun are the constitutional symptoms for this homeopathic medicine.
- Lycopodium is used similar to the natrum Mur. However, here the constitutional symptoms vary in that they are used on patients suffering from gastric troubles. Patients have a liking for hot food and sweet stuff. These are just a few examples.
Other Methods for Weight Loss:
Homeopathic medicines work by stimulating the metabolic rate of the body to burn fat much faster and as such should be used with exercise and a controlled balanced diet comprising of proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals. When these three are combined, the results are much faster and the degree of weight loss will be much higher.
To win over obesity the key thing is to take adequate amounts of food as diet which is the greatest cause of obesity. Taking homeopathic medicines will help increase your body's metabolic rate and coupled with exercise and controlled diet, you will be on a recovery from obesity.
Our performance in bed is often affected by a number of reasons and ailments, which are both of physical and psycological in nature contribute to it. Premature ejaculation is a problem that men face due to a variety of reasons. Some may be biological issues like abnormal size and level of hormones as well as faulty neurotransmission, which can give rise to reflexes that cause this condition. Also, the patient may experience premature ejaculation due to psychological factors like stress, anxiety and even relationship problems. The presence of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease could also lead to the occurrence of this condition. Read on to know about the Ayurvedic ways of dealing with premature ejaculation.
Material and medicine informed is for general use and not to be taken by patients without doctor's advise.
Diagnosis: The first and foremost step in treating premature ejaculation is with the help of the Shukra diagnosis. The seventh and final dhatu of all the seven dhatus, which when nourished well (pusht), leads to sex power, enhanced quality of sperms and if conserved leads to OJA - the elixir of life.
Treatment Basics: The basic method of treatment follows a complex process of detoxification of the Dhatu or substances in the body and Panchkarma therapy that includes removal, liquification, purification, mobilization and evacuation of the Doshas that may have caused an imbalance in the body. Panchakarma can't be carried out in day to day treatment and preferably should be done by admitting in Ayurveda hospital. Panchakarma is for comprehensive treatment. Hence day to day medicines are given which carry miniaturised / mild detoxification effect.
Massages: The most important form of treatment for premature ejaculation under Ayurveda includes the use of massages. The first form of massage that helps in treatment of this condition includes Abhyangam or the application of oil in all areas of the body. This form of oil massage focuses on the individual parts of the body and seeks to open all the pores as organs for a state of better functionality. The next form of oil application or massage includes Swedem, which makes use of a medicated stream that can be allowed to drip onto a focused point on the patient's head or body as to create an impression there. The leaf bundle massage or Elakizhi can also be conducted along with an oil bath known as Pizichil which applies oil through a drip method on the head. This is also known as Shirdhara. Vasthi is also a form of oil massage that can ensure the flow of vata and other doshas, which has stopped. Mini form of massages are given in day to day treatment. Pure classic herbal taila application on penis is also a kind of massage.
Herbs: The use of herbs is an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic herbal medicines that are to be used for dealing with premature ejaculation or for delaying the ejaculation, are known as Stambhaka herbs. One can use Jaiphala paste as well as Ashwagandha powder or churna. One can also take Atirasadi Churna which also improves the sperm count of the patient even as it improves blood circulation for fighting premature ejaculation.
Most of these medicines and methods do not have any side effects and should be taken as per the dose prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor, at the recommended times of the day.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old, I hav black spots below my right eye which is 6-7 years old and it doesn't remove with home remedies. Please please please please suggest me what should I do for itas I belong to middle class family.
Hi. Something rolling like small ball in upper portion to stomach. Indigestion I'm getting rectum pain before &after going to lertrin. Why happening like this?
Sir, I am 21 years old but my weight is about 49 kg. I am very lean man. So please tell me how to gain my weight and body structure easily. But sir my one my bad habit is musterbatation, I masturbate 2 days in a week. I want to relief from itself please tell me solutions. I want to be a good man.
I have a problem of severe pain in my abdomen when my periods gets started! Is it a hormonal imbalance or reproductive system problem?
I have hair fall at high rate and I'm afraid I would be a baldie soon! So please prescribe me a solution!
‘Kidney stones’ is a disorder of the urinary tract wherein stones form in the kidney. This happens when solid particles in the urine become concentrated; the solid particles mostly being acid and mineral salts. This disorder can affect any part of the urinary tract: from the bladder to the kidneys. The treatment for this disorder is designed depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Once affected by this disorder, pain in the lower abdominal region will be common. The pain may get aggravated when you urinate. You may also exhibit symptoms of vomiting, nausea and a constant urge to urinate. Hematuria (presence of blood in the urine) is another symptom common to this disorder.
There is no single known cause for kidney stones. These stones occur when certain solid particles such as uric acid and calcium are present in the urine in large amounts. However, certain factors that increase the risk of kidney stones are:
- Family history of kidney stones
- Lack of sufficient water in the body or dehydration
- Eating foods which are loaded with sugar and salts
Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are natural and free from side effects. Apart from relieving the symptoms, they also help in improving your overall well-being. These remedies balance the various doshas in the body and thus, lead to improved functioning of the abdominal organs. The Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is the basic you can do to either prevent kidney stones or treating the condition. Dehydration is one of the most important causes for the formation of kidney stones.
- Avoid certain foods: You need to avoid consumption of certain foods such as apples, tomatoes and cheese which increase the risks of kidney stones.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You need to chalk down and stick to an exercise regimen to keep your weight at optimal levels. Remember that obesity is a major contributor to kidney stones.