Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Hematologists in India. You will find Hematologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Hematologists online in Mukatsar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Ankit JainYour feedback matters!
She has a problem that she salivates too much while sleeping her saliva sometimes even starts to come out of her mouth is it any problem I think she sometimes have oral ulcers too because of it please guide what to do for her.
Today I was trying to sleep in afternoon just lying down on bed. I was just getting into sleep and for some seconds I was unable to move. I could listen everything but couldn't talk or move even my fingers. After few seconds I woke up scared.
Most of us are not blessed with a good night's sleep and face common problems that occur during sleep, such as snoring, insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome and sleep deprivation. According to Ayurveda, proper sleep and a healthy diet are of equal importance. Sleep is the period during which the body is able to recuperate and heal itself as well bring about a balance in emotions and mental state. Imbalances in sleep, according to Ayurveda, is caused due to imbalance or dosha in the three subcategories that the human body is divided into. The imbalances are referred to as Kapha dosha, Pitta dosha and Vata dosha.
Imbalance in Vata occurs when the co-ordination between dhi (learning), dhriti (retention) and smriti (recollection) is weakened. When a person is trying to sleep but is simultaneously recollecting the events which occurred during the day, it leads to the same emotions and feelings being reproduced. This renders the person incapable of detaching from the feelings and thus, prevents them to sleep. Some Ayurvedic remedies to address this issue include:
1. Using appropriate sleep tablets
2. Drinking a special tea which aids in sleeping, before going to sleep. The tea should contain a mixture of herbs and spices which would help in calming the emotions
3. Have food that pacifies Vata
4. Adopting and following a proper schedule, where enough time is available for sleep
5. Try not to think about the problems while in bed.
A sleep disorder due to pitta dosha happens when a person has no problems in falling asleep, but is awakened at odd hours during the night and is unable to fall back asleep. It is common that people suffering from trauma or imbalances in pitta are susceptible to this problem. Pitta-type sleep is often disrupted by wild and fiery dreams. Remedies include:
1. The room where the person is sleeping should be kept cool. The likelihood of awakening during the night is increased if the room is hot and stuffy.
2. Therapeutic oils which are specifically designed to pacify Pitta dosha should be used.
3. Foods that pacify pitta dosha should be eaten. These foods should normally be at room temperature rather being hot.
4. A pitta pacifying lifestyle should be followed. This includes sleeping before 10:00 p.m., having three meals a day, etc.
Sleep disorders associated with kapha dosha causes a person to have a long and deep sleep, but feel exhausted when woken up. Additionally, a feeling of lethargy persists throughout the day. Remedies include:
1. Reduce coffee consumption
2. Adopt the consumption Kapha or Green Tea
3. Adopt a Kapha-pacifying lifestyle. This includes vigorous morning exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.