Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Physiotherapists online in Moradabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankit Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Ankit GuptaYour feedback matters!
My knee has been paining badly from past few days, I have even consulted the doctors about it, but when I was at medication given by them, till that time I was alright but after completing the full course of medication, my knee is again badly injured, can you please help?
I have a horizontal tear of posterior horn of medial meniscus of left knee with cystic lesion but after suffering from pain for 2 months I m now asymptomatic. Should I go for a arthroscopic surgery. Thanks.
Hi I have a pain in the right heel while I get up early in the morning while I drive the car and while I stand for a long time. This pain is only in my right heel Is that plantar fasciitis? Can this be cured?
I am 26 years old I'm suffering from knee joint pain, when ever it show one sound crack crack so what I should do I'm not interested for surgery only naturally.
I have an acute middle back pain. What could be the cause and what should I do to relieve me of this pain?
I sit for 10 hours a day in the office. I go to gym daily. When I go to bed suddenly my waist starts having pain. What should I do?
I has been back pain past 10 years so I have consuming lots of tablet since the two years I started hair falling in my front area how do I control pls kindly give me a solution.
I am mithilesh Kumar from bihar, have wrinkle in leg in night always. And severe pain offer. What should I do.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"