Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Virender SarwalYour feedback matters!
My Lipid profile test is showing ldl 155 and triglycerides 160. Uric acid at 6.9. Family history not good, father bypass in 1995 and brother 3 years back at the age of 45. Taking triphla guggle but of no use, what should I do?
My father had a CABG on Mar 28, 2016. After keeping him in CTVS followed by HDU for 4 days doctors shifted him to his general ward. Since Mar 31, 2016 he was complaining that he was not able to remember anything. He forgot names of every family member and friends except one or two people who are not extremely close. He even forgot his own name as well. Doctors found yesterday that he got a blood clot in his left tempro -parietal lobe of the brain which had caused a stroke. This was definitely post CABG because before am operation too he had a CT scan where no such clot was evident. Now the doctors have given him the following medicines: Atova 20mg, diplate A-120, cetil 500mg, paracetamol, ditallox 12.5mg, insulin 6 units in morning, 8 units in afternoon and 6 units in the night. My father already had a mild stroke before in August 2012; that time his homocysteine level in sera was found to be 114 for which the doctor gave folic acid tablets as medicine. Rest a Carotid Doppler found minor plaques. Rest all tests were good. Now in this condition I am almost clueless what to do next? Please help.
I am 78 years old. I take amlodac 5 mg in the morning. I had cataract surgery yesterday and my BP is coming down. It's is 155/95. Is there nothing to worry or can I take another tablet now?
My blood pressure always high whenever I measure it recently I donate blood at that time it was 138.5/90 And yesterday I measure due to illness it was 160/90 Kindly suggest me how to control my bp Thanks.
I have pain in chest region and pain is acute n unbearable. It happens mostly in stress ,increased workload, cold.I m asthmatic too. I am 51 years old. Pain persist for long. N I could nt work at all.
Hi my wife is almost 36 weeks pregnant and she has B negative blood group and my is B positive and 2 days before she admitted hospital for sudden pain and this is the 3 Rd time after pregnant she admitted in hospital for same reason now doctor advise us that after 11 July after check up will do operation I really feel very nervous and fear for my wife today she told me that she has fell low pressure some chakkar type feeling .from last month's she only ate home base food ,no any fruits or any things else please suggest me what will do?
Hello, When ever I sleep my heart is loudly beat. I am not sleeping well anytime my heart is beating loudly I am very worried about that. please suggest me which remedy is useful.
High total cholesterol: 235,HDL: 32,TRIGLYCERIDES: 240,VLDL: 48,LDL: 154,SUGAR (FASTING: 99,SO BO DIABETES AT PRESENT. 1.WANT TO KNOW, IS LIPAGLYN GOOD DRUG FOR LOWERING TRIGLYCERIDES? 2.OTHER THAN DIET/LIFESTYLE CHANGES, SUGGEST SUITABLE MEDICINES/ADVICE.
My father has pain in chest since last few days moreover he has cough problem from last few days. Kindly suggest what to do.
I am a 24 year male. Few days ago I've suffered from diarrhea, dehydration, low pressure. So how should I take care of myself now?
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
My 55yrs old uncle complaint dyspnoea he is operated 6 month back AVR (valve transplant) he is on acitrom& on hypertensive. Now what should be done?
Daily 60 minutes of brisk walk can reduce blood glucose by 20mg/dl and reduce bloos pressue by 10/6 mm of mercury. Walking is an excellent mood elevating activity, keeps away depression, lowers cholesterol also
Dr deep dutta was awarded by research society for the study of diabetes in india (rssdi) on 18th nov 2016 at hyderabad for being the best researcher in diabetes and for prevention of diabetes in india for the year 2016