Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Verinderjit Singh Virdi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Verinderjit Singh VirdiYour feedback matters!
Nimbus Child Clinic is unique in having both child specialist and child surgeon under one roof. dr Virdi has ample experience in treating childhood diseases and vaccination . all in all highly recommended
excellent child and newborn specialist in mohali chandigarh and very courteous staff. i would definitely recommend nimbus child clinic for children and vaccination.
excellent doctors for children
I am 17 years old male I have digestion problem food doesn't digest like common man in general digestion time, and I feel very weakness and laziness and I have itches in some of body parts like neck, hand, chest since 8 months and I tried many medicine but nothing happen.
A 4 years old child having less haemoglobin 8. How to increase suffering from slight themoslamiya also. Please suggest.
I have an daughter 10 years od she has sufferingvftom cough we trysevera medicine but yh cough is not cure so advice medicine medicine for cough?
Hello. Can I give Pediasure nutrition powder to my daughter. She is one year 2 months old. Please suggest.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
My son 5 year 2 month old suffering from Nefrotic syndrome. Identify symptom at the age of 2 year approx. Going treatment under doctor of Guwahati. As per consultant doctor come to know it will last for 15 year of age. Medicine ongoing omnacortil tablet we are in really out of mind how to tackle the problem and to avoid from major problem in future. So need support and advise to maintain my baby to avoid from future major health problem.
Hello doctor my baby is of four months and 10 days. He was very good by his health till but now he is loosing weight he gets thin is it ok or something?
I'm getting married soon. I'm 33 years old. So I fear about the risk of Down's syndrome. I read that taking folic acid early would reduce the risk. I want to know if that is true and the dosage of folic acid to be taken.
Breast reduction, or reduction mammoplasty, is for a woman experiencing health problems and/or extreme self-consciousness associated with very large, heavy breasts. The main complains are backache, neck pain and skin rashes or itching along with difficulty in carrying large breasts. The goal is to give the woman a more attractive contour with smaller, better-shaped breasts in proportion with the rest of her body. She will then benefit from freedom of health problems associated with large breasts and an improved self-image.
Medical problems associated with very large breasts include back and neck pain caused by the excessive weight, skin irritation, skeletal deformities and breathing problems. Bra straps may leave shoulder indentations. Large, heavy breasts also contribute to poor posture, and can interfere with normal daily activities such as exercise. Excessive breast size may also lead to a decreased sense of attractiveness and self-confidence.
Breast reduction is done under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis or in the hospital. The surgery removes fat, glandular tissue, and skin from the breasts, making them smaller, lighter, and firmer. It can also reduce the size of the areola, the darker skin surrounding the nipple.
Incisions are made around the pigmented nipple-areolar complex and extend vertically below the nipple and in the fold under the breast. The nipple-areolar complex is moved upward to the desired location. The incisions are covered with a light dressing.
Afterward, the breasts are placed in a surgical bra that will hold them symmetrically during initial healing. Initial discomfort subsides daily and can be controlled with oral medications. Scars will fade in 6-18 months. Surgery will likely reduce, but not eliminate the ability to breast-feed.
RECOVERY: WHAT TO EXPECT
When performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, breast reduction is a safe procedure. Nevertheless, as with any surgery, there is always a possibility of complications, including bleeding, infection, or reaction to the anesthesia. Some patients develop small sores around their nipples after surgery; these can be treated with antibiotic creams. You can reduce your risks by closely following your physician’s advice both before and after surgery.
Much of the swelling and bruising disappears in the first few weeks following the surgery. Breasts may appear slightly mismatched, or have unevenly positioned nipples. Their new shape will be apparent within 6 months to a year, and will depend on hormonal fluctuations, weight changes and pregnancy.
Although your surgeon will make your scars as inconspicuous as possible, some permanent scarring is inevitable. Smokers are more likely to experience poor healing and wider scars. The scars will be red and lumpy in the months following the surgery, but the redness will fade and in time the scars will be less obvious.
ABILITY TO BREASTFEED
Because the surgery removes many of the milk ducts leading to the nipples, breast-feeding may no longer be an option.
Some patients may experience a permanent loss of feeling in their nipples or breasts. Rarely, the nipple and areola may lose their blood supply and the tissue will die. (The nipple and areola can usually be rebuilt, however, using skin grafts from elsewhere on the body.)
THE END RESULT
Breast reduction produces the most dramatic results of all plastic surgeries. It ends the physical discomfort or large breasts and makes your body appear more evenly proportioned, and clothes fit better. Your new image will take some getting used to, as much as you desired the change. Give yourself—and your family and friends—time to adjust to the new you and, like most women, you will enjoy the benefits.