Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Sunalini SuriYour feedback matters!
Hey doc I have a question regarding my vaginal issue which I am facing from last couple of days which is start after my periods end something sticky coming from my vagina after some time gap constantly I did not have any type of masturbation or oral sex water colour is milky white and sticky please tell me what is the reason of it.
Need gynecologists help. Please keep patience and read the entire data. Last period date 10-15 aug Maam/Sir I got physically involved with my boyfriend on 27th August and took ipill (Ecp) 6 hours after intercourse. On first September 1 started bleeding and the bleeding continued for four days. After that I have done 4 home urine pregnancy test that is 21 days, 28 days ,35 days and 42 days after intercourse. The problem is that I have not experienced and bleeding after that but all the tests have came NEGATIVE so do I have to still worry about pregnancy? And when should I expect my periods? please help. Plz.
I am 34 year old and married. I don't have a child even after 2 years after marriageTell me what should I do?
Everyone has heard the advice 'drink eight ounce glasses of water a day', which is popularly known as 8 by 8 rule. Another popular advice is 'drink 4 glasses of water empty stomach', aka Usha Paana Chikitsa, a term used widely in Ayurveda. People advocate intake of water on empty stomach, describing how it cleanses the body and cures wide range of diseases starting from allergies to Cancer. Messages regarding its benefits are forwarded in whatsapp groups and on facebook as if it’s the elixir of life as described in the world renowned book 'The Alchemist'.
Usha Paana in Ayurveda
Originally described in Rasayan Adhyaay of Ashtang Hruday, it has been stated that a person who drinks Sheetodak i.e cold water early morning will continue to remain young. Many people start following this process
blindly without understanding the fine details involved.
- First of all this has been described as a rasayan and hence, it should be only followed by a person who has underwent detoxification through Panchkarma. Even if detoxification is not possible for everyone in today's era atleast the concerned person should be devoid of any illness.
- Secondly according to Ayurveda, a person should get up at Brahma Muhurat i.e around 5.30 am. So even if without detoxification a person has to practice Usha Paan as a routine then he should consume it at around 5.30 am in the morning after passing stool because that’s the first thing that has been advised after getting up.
Half the people who practice Usha Paan Chikitsa, drink water to help them get relieved of constipation, which is actually bad for their health. It is as if they try to push the stool out from their body by drinking excess water.
Relation of water intake and meals:
'Sam Sthula Krusha Bhukta Madhya Antah Prathama Ambu Pah'
A simple sutra mentioned in DravDravyadi Vidyaaneya Adhyay describing effects of water intake while having food, after intake of food and before intake of food.
- It has clearly stated that a person who drinks water while consuming food continues to remain in same state of health i.e swastha (Healthy).
- If a person wants to gain weight, then he should drink water just after consuming his meal. (Max 160ml)
- If a person wants to lose weight, then he should drink water just before consuming his meal.
Here drinking water just before meals will make the person get a feeling of fullness and hence automatically, his food intake will decrease. Of course he has to stop eating as soon as his hunger is satiated. He should not eat food just because he eats that much quantity everyday.
To know the quantity of appetite a person should have just consider to divide your hunger/appetite in four parts. Consume food, which will fill two parts. Have one part water and keep the remaining one part of your appetite empty.
Another advice we get from many people, especially from Naturopathy is to not have any water during meals Have a jug (450 ml and above) full of water after 40 Mins of consumption of food.
Firstly this advice has nothing to do with Ayurved. Naturopathy and Ayurved are not even closely related.
We Ayurved practitoners follow the sutra given below :
Ajirne Bheshajam Waari Jirne Waari BalPradam
Bhojane Cha Amrutam Waari Bhojanaante VishPradam
- If a person suffers from indigestion then he should consume Ushnodak Jal (warm water) as medicine.
- Water consumed after the food is digested (Minimum 6 hrs after meal) will increase Bala (Body Strength).
- Water consumed during consumption of meals will act as Amrut (Elixir of Life).
- Water consumed in large quantity after meals will act as a Visha (Extinguishes the Agni of Body).
- Here large quantity is important because bahu ambu paan (Very HighWater Intake) is responsible for initiation of many diseases according to Ayurved.
- Water to be drank after meals to increase weight is not in large quantity but around a glass only 160ml max. So no question of conflict arises between the two sutras.
How much water intake should be considered necessary?
A very tricky question as it has got no straight answer. Every person's need varies according to their body needs as well as their line of work. This can be easily explained by an example, A businessman,a farmer,an army man all work for eight hours. Business man is sitting in an A.C office. The farmer is toiling in the Sun. The Army man is guarding our border in the Desert. Will each of them require the same quantity of water? The answer is definitely NO. The same way, even if you are living together in the same family every member's water intake need will be different. To come up with a general statement which can be useful for everyone, it can be said that instead of having 8 ounces glass of water a day kindly.
'Remember to have 8 ounces of fluid (liquid in any form) a Day''
Maximum researchers/Doctors agree with the above statement. Fluid means any liquid. It may be soup, juice, dal etc. Next time you come across advice regarding water intake, I hope information shared by me will help you take the correct step.
After et in ivf its my 13 day. And I have to visit the doctor on saturday for test. Is there any symptom from which I can guess that I am pregnant or not. please tell me how can I guess.
My mummy has became totally weak, morning she was fine, when i came back from office she is o weak could not talk also she seems got fever, but no nursing home i taking her. We were forced to go to gandhi hospital in secuderabad. What could be the reason for her sudden sickness.
I had unprotected sex on 10th March and took an ipill in 24hours. I didn't have any bleeding after that. My period was expected on 29th March but I haven't got it yet, it's 6th April today. I had a spot bleeding after intercourse last night and I was happy thinking I got my period. But it was only one drop, I've been dry after that. Could I be pregnant?
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- IVF allows same sex partners and single women to bear an offspring.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
What are the advanced treatment available for endometruim thickness around 12mm. I surgery needed or any medicines available.
I asked how will be our baby fair or dark in complexion so please tel me what should I take in my diet so that our baby will be surely fair because we both not fair and not dark also in the middle.
Hi Dr. my period date is 22 and period nt come yet. I am taking duphaston 10 mg from 16 th day of period for 10 days morning evening vid folic acid n loprin 75 and I also take pregnacare tablets once daily .y my period not come I mostly period on due date or before 2 ya 3 days .am I pregnant my feet burn feel like period come but not .only milky white discharge come .plz tell what chances are.
My girlfriend is 24 years old and have diabetes because of that she have a lot of itching in her vagina and also have bleeding without periods. She is in depression because all of this things. please help I'm really very worried for her.
I am not getting periods since 6 months. But after marriage some of them are saying like it will be OK. How it is possible.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Are you looking to spice up things in bed?
1. Keep fit
Sex is a bodily function. That means a healthy person is more likely to have successful sex than an unhealthy one. Having good cardiovascular health is especially smart, given that the vasculature down there is easily affected by poor conditions. Just having high cholesterol can trigger ed or fsd. Just taking a 20-minute brisk walk can benefit you immensely releasing all the endorphins (the happy hormones) and building your muscle and bone health, giving you a positive mood thereby boosting libido.
2. Relaxation is critical
Stress has a way of ruining sex lives through psychological and physical means. Not everyone can have the luxury of taking time off work and heading to the bedroom, but there are little steps everyone can take to get themselves more in the mood of a pleasure-focused evening complete with music, a couples bath or shower, and sensual massage with essential oils, followed by simple home cooked food with candles instead of electrical lighting.
This is utmost important for anyone who wants to get the most out of their sex life — or their relationship in general" communication is key" if you don't have communication, you're not going to get anywhere sexually. Talking honestly about sex can be difficult but any awkwardness will be well worth it. Of course, communicating sexual desires during the deed should be done delicately and any serious suggestions should be saved for a discussion later.
4. Making it emotional
For women, being spoken to in a romantic way is an important part of sexual arousal. Same applies to men too. Just basic compliments sprinkled throughout the day can make any partner feel more desired, which often translates to increasingly passionate reciprocation.
5. Educating the self
This can be a challenging task for long-term couples if they've never done it but nearly everyone benefits from some sexual education. Dvds that explain more advanced and exciting sexual techniques. In particular, recommend are couples-based films.
6. Hug romance
As relationships age, the people in them often settle into a comfort zone. There is plenty that's great about the comfort zone but feeling desired and loved should not be sacrificed. Whether it's flowers, an at-home dinner, or dancing to a favourite song, planning a special night of romance is a pretty simple way to spice a relationship.
7. It's not just the orgasm
Overthinking sex is a nearly guaranteed way to take all the fun out of it. This can be a particular problem for men with a female partner because women tend to have a tougher time climaxing and some men see sex without orgasm as a failed effort" the objective is to find ways to give each other pleasure" focusing on the journey rather than the destination is going to give more pleasure and cut off pressure on the couple.