Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sannidhya Varma
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Sannidhya VarmaYour feedback matters!
I have very thin hairs. And they have very space between them. That why I am feeling so nervous. Whenever I comb I loose almost 10-15 hairs. What should I do?
How can I mack my fathers memory sharp he forgets things fast I want to bring out my father from this problem.
I don't know what is the problem in my life? Or is it my destiny? Or it was predestined? I am not able to decide. Or is it the wrong choice and decision or past mistakes that I am suffering in my life? I am not satisfied with the present situation in my life. I have never been able to achieve what I wanted in my life. I see myself with lots of potential. I am like all rounder. I am good looking person, I can sing, dance, act, study, play any games etc. But I am not expert in any area. With the increase in weight I am becoming more and more depressed. I don't face people especially with the opposite sex. Inferiority complex has made me sluggish. People see me as lazy. I spend more time watching TV. I don't have any friends that's because I don't trust people. I am reserved kind of person. I want to change my situation but don't know where to start.
I am a student of B.a (economics, with college I joined competitive classes for tution. But I didn't concentrate on study what can I do please help me.
I am a marijuana smoker and smoke a lot about 10 bongs a day. I masturbate 2 to 3 times a day. I have been doing this past 7-8 years and I am addicted to it. I am getting married in 2 month's and I worry about infertility/ can't give birth and so. I want know whether I am infertile or normal and also pros and cons of masturbation. Can you help me?
Hi, I am very loose tempered because of this my son faces many problems. I don't want to be weak in front of him. Now he (son) is small can obey me but after some time when he will be independent, he will not consider me. So I want to control myself but how? Please suggest me. Thanks.
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My sister suffered epilepsy about 4 years ago. She is 17 years old. When the problem start it was fearful, cut her tounge, out of since. We are worried about this mater. I am bangladeshi. I want to take her in kolkata. Please give information.
I am suffering from sleeplessness. Also I am an ex alcoholic. Please suggest me some natural or ayurvedic treatment. Thanks.
My daughter is 19 years old. She is having treatment for psychosis. Is their any natural remedy for it?
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I smoke about 4-5 cigerates daily. Does that mean I will be affected by cancer at later stages of my life.
Sir, I am studying MBBS 5 th see. I have problem of during exams I feel excess anxiety and I forget answers which I learnt perfectly. This create even mental distress to me. Earlier Dr. Asked me to take thyroid profile wch showed normal. Actually I want to take any drugs to reduce anxiety like benzodiazepines please sir help me out please.
Weakness In the brain Which is the best Medicine for Brain. Weak Memory and Stress And Not To Much Focus On study weak In concentration. Tell me The Homeopathic Medicine Which Without Any Side Effects or any Other Medicine.
Many time I am in depression for few thing. About family office. And get pain in my mind. What to do. I m confused.
Dear Dr. now a days I feel so depress due to shift work and It leads to Hari fall also. What should i do?
Hi sir. My age Is 26 now. I have a problem of stammering. Because of the issue of stammering I can't able to speak good. It's dominated my career growth. Am had horrible experience in Day to day life. Today's situation fluent speak is more essential to live. U suffering from all the disability to speak properly. Can any one save me from this issue. Please help me. Suggest me any time of treatment or surgery regarding speaking problem.
I'm 25 years old I had anxiety disorder. M consult doctor his prescribed medicine like neuvilaz 20 mg and etibliss es 10. Can you please suggest is it medicine is proper for treatment for anxiety.
Depression is defined as a mental state, which is typified by pessimistic sense of insufficiency and a hopeless lack of activity. This state could be so severe that it may require clinical intervention. 'Relapse' is the term coined for the reappearance of signs of depression within six months after the patient has been cured of depression. The time period of depression relapse may be smaller than depression recurrence, but it is equally frightening in both the cases. It becomes very difficult for the patient to combat all the signs of depression and cope up with gloom, fatigue, bad temper etc. The person starts alienating himself from the rest of the world. So, it becomes necessary for him to follow an apt strategy to survive a depression relapse.
First of all, the patient suffering from depression relapse should immediately consult his or her therapist or psychiatrist and get an adequate treatment for the same. The treatment procedure may include intake of antidepressants and psychotherapy. While the treatment is carried on, you may require some tips to survive that time interval. Below are some guidelines for the same:
- Accept the Truth: Though it is never easy to acknowledge the state of mental illness, but it is the key to cope up with depression relapse. Accepting that depression would strike again and again would help you to deal with it.
- Identify the Symptoms of Depression Relapse: Instead of neglecting the initial signs of depression relapse, it is necessary to accept that depression has hit you again. It is better to leave your shame or guilt aside and consider it as a normal event. Immediately go and make your therapist aware of the symptoms you identified, so that remedial action could be taken accordingly. The first sign of depression relapse may differ from person to person. It may be lack of sensation or any sudden surge of energy. Although these changes may appear subtle but should be noted down and conveyed to your therapist.
- Seek help from others: Depression relapse gets easier to survive with the help of friends, family and loved ones. Open up about your mental state and talk freely to others. You will find that you are not alone. Constant support from your nearby people will prove very beneficial. They will keep reminding you the fact that, 'this too shall pass away'. Do not alienate yourself, instead try to socialize. Hang out with your friends and indulge in activities which bring you pleasure. Primarily it will be hard to seek joy by socializing but it will prove fruitful in the long run. Pursue your hobbies and try to relax.
Depression relapse occurs again and again, no matter how hard one tries to run away from it. So, it is better to accept this harsh truth and start following the above measures to survive Depression Relapse.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!