Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep DevYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 22+ years old I am suffering from extreme gingivitis since almost 1.5 years actually this time back I went to dentist for checkup he adviced me to fill 5 tooth due to cavity he did it and the story began before that I was not having flammation and itching between tooth then in on of my tooth he did rct as I was feeling much sensitivity unfirtunately that went unsuccessful his services were fucking bad and I hate him a lot then after I visited another dentist and he told me that rct was not done properly he then did re-rct then also he performed laser for that tooth but I am still feeling sensation inthat tooth he also told me that I m suffering from gingivitis infected pockets has already taken place between tooth where filling were done every week he operates those pockets with fine scaler and with hydrogen metro or what its being its be more than one year under this doctor and I am not getting results please I beg of you please tell me is gingivitis curable I am fed up and depressed I am in depression as its unbearable for me to survive with this stubborn infection I am really not getting effects of treatment please tell me what to do next
White spot in my tongue and pimple.In my stool test i have bad bacteria .What food i have to take it to control ?
I am 23 year old and in teeth there are lot of sensitiveness how to solve the problem of it please help me and which tooth paste will help me to get.
I have a 4 wisdom tooth which makes my life completely changed and it is the biggest problem that I have facing it in my life. I have 2 tooth removed but yet the problem is not stopped now in my mouth and its not work like before. please give me a good advice how I completely get rid of it.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.