Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Pulmonologists online in Zirakpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Robin Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Robin GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 3 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am 35 year old I am suffered from fever and cough please say any medicine to buy. Why I will fit from fever and cough please say.
I am a 23 years girl. I have wheezing problem for past 7 years. It is more often Off late. I take puff when I feel breathlessness. After taking puff I feel a bit ok. But I want to know how to prevent wheezing. What should I do to get rid of this problem? Please suggest.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
I am feeling excess of sneezing and pain in throat I was at journey suffer of 7 days what to do excess of headache I feel and cough too much taken mox 500 from 2 days but not got any relief please give me some suggestion and medicine.
What is nasal pholips? how immunity and strength can be increased? my nephew is 10 years old, for past 5 years he quite often suffers from cold and cough continued with fever. Even a glass of cold water, results in tonsils and cold with fever. 1-2 hours of outdoor play makes him dull, he feels weekness and thus falls ill. Exertion results in illness. What may be the cause and cure for the same.
My brother has this bad viral fever. He is 20year old. After he came back from the tour 2 weeks ago, fever started. It felt like it cured after couple of days but its keep coming on intervals along with cough. What should I do?
I have an issue of itching dry cough past from 2 months I have showed many clinics n I took tablets it was not working few days back I went one more clinic he gave me some tablets 60 % it's was getting alr8 again v consult as per he said to cut again after 5 days at tat time change tablet I took those tablets again started cough like starting n it's getting very itching in my through n getting cough n breathing back. please tel me wt may b the problem.
I am having a sweating in large scale problem even though I walk for a few minutes or few stairs, and it also affect my breathing too. What should I do to get relief from sweating because it fills ashamed off in between our friends.
Tuberculosis or TB is an airborne disease that mainly affects the lungs and has the potential to be fatal. People with an impaired immune system such as newborn babies, pregnant women or women who have just delivered a baby, diabetics, cancer patients and HIV positive people are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. However, this disease can be prevented and treated.
Here are a few ways to protect yourself from this bacterial infection.
- Keep your distance: TB is a communicable disease and hence can spread from one person to another. If someone around you suffers from this disease, try limiting your contact with them. In cases where this is not possible, wear protective gloves and a mask to keep yourself safe. Avoid crowded, unhygienic places and always wash your hands with a disinfectant after contact with a TB patient.
- Boost your immunity: A strong immune system can fight off TB bacteria and keep you from getting infected. To build a strong immune system, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with the required amount so carbohydrates, proteins and fats every day. Along with this, consult your doctor and start taking multivitamins or antioxidants on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper hygiene: Keeping your surroundings clean is crucial to the prevention of tuberculosis. Ensure that not only your home is kept clean, but the surrounding area is cleaned as well. Do not allow garbage to accumulate around your house. Make it a habit of washing your hands with disinfectant soap every time you come home and before eating anything.
- Vaccinate your children: When getting your children vaccinated, ensure that your child also receives the BCG or Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine that can protect him or her against TB.
- Ventilate the house: The bacteria that causes tuberculosis thrives in stagnant air and enclosed spaces. Hence, open your windows and let some fresh air in. Not only does this prevent the multiplication of bacteria and viruses in your house, but it also does not allow your home to have a musty odour.
- Follow the complete course of treatment: If you have been diagnosed with TB, it is essential to complete the full course of antibiotics and not stop midway even if the symptoms have disappeared. Not adhering to the prescription gives the bacteria the ability to develop resistance to the drugs. When this resistant bacteria is exhaled it can infect more people with drug-resistant tuberculosis that is harder to cure.
Aftercare for a Tuberculosis patient:
The patient should never stop TB treatment until it is completed. Incomplete treatment will only create resistant TB which requires longer treatment. The patients should ensure a healthy diet, and in case of frequent coughing, he/she should wear a mask. The patents should never fast and take high protein diet. In case of any complication, visiting a TB expert immediately is highly recommended.