Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyal Singhal
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Priyal SinghalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Priyal Singhal Reviews
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be very helpful, caring, well-reasoned, practical and helped me improve my health. Glad that I chose such a caring doctor for my online consultation. She not only explained me with utmost patience but also suggested me to consult other specialists to analyze my treatment appropriately. Wanted to know if I can continue using melalite 15 even after 5 days if the marks don't fade away?
Doctor explained in detail about my concerns and discussed each one in detail.Doctor is very knowledgeable and not like other doctors. All doubts were cleared and last 3 years I had not got relief nor any one cleared my fungal infection. I highly recommend the doctor . Raman
Dr cleared all doubts .Discussed each point with examples and listened all concerns which no doctor till today did.I am totally satisfied with the answers and recommend to all as doctor is very knowledgeable and is very reasonable .Five stars rating .Raman
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be very helpful. Thankyou doctor priyal. Stress is part of life i think so can not be avoided. But ill try. And i will also follow all your instructions. Thanks again. Salil Meha (7027832374).
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be knowledgeable. I already have taken triazoles. Now I fear that might I not become impotent due to excess dose of triazoles.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be very helpful. Thank u so much for your valued reply pls suggest what type cream i apply on it and how to remove it pls
Dr. Priyal Singhal provides answers that are very helpful. how great thought you have mam. you response was very helpful for me.it was comprehensive. God bless such a personalty.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be very helpful. Thanks mam . I'm aware of this problem . My problem is more of psychological than physical
Tamam , I am very much thankful to Dr. Priyal Singhal for her carrier towards her patiet.Seems very experienced and Thank you so much Dr. .
Dr. Priyal Singhal provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thankyou for such kind suggestions Dr. Priyal
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be very helpful. Very helpful
Highly recommended, Satisfied with consultation,100 thumbs up for her way of talking
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyal Singhal to be very helpful. Thanks...
Dr. Priyal Singhal provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful.
Dr. Priyal Singhal provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Dr. Priyal Singhal Feeds
Flat, grey, brown or black spots which usually occur on the sun exposed areas of the human skin are called Age spots. They are also termed as senile lentigo, liver spots, solar lentigines or sun spots.
Serious conditions of age spots include:
- A malignant skin cancer condition called melanoma.
- A type of skin cancer condition called lentigo maligna.
- A non-cancerous skin growth called keratosis.
Noticeable characteristics of age spots that are identifiable include:
- Darkened pigmentation
- Irregularity in border
- Combination in colours
- Size increase over a short period
- Bleeding, itching, redness or tenderness
The procedure for diagnosing is usually performed by dermatologists. If the doctor has any serious concern about the skin, a skin biopsy might be needed which would require the doctor to analyse a small sample of the skin. A local anaesthetic would be applied and a small portion of the skin would be cut away. Examination of the sample would be performed in the lab in order to determine whether there is a possibility of a condition other than solar lentiginosis.
Treatment is not usually required as age spots are harmless. However, for cosmetic purposes, people choose to treat the age spots. Some of the treatments include:
- Prescription of bleaching creams, often coupled with retinoid creams and steroids are used to lighten age spots.
- Dermabrasion is performed using a rotating brush to remove its surface layers and scour the skin. Redness and scabbing might be felt.
- Cryotherapy is performed where liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the skin of the age spot which in turn destroys the dark colour produced by the melanin. There is a possibility of scarring during this procedure.
As you grow older, so does your skin. With age, wrinkles, fine lines and a plethora of other skin problems become all too common. However, the good news is that aging is a problem that can be arrested.
Yes, when you want to go beyond anti-aging skin creams, your dermatologist has some impressive tools for treating large pores, wrinkles, sagging skin, stretch marks, and more. Here are 7 popular anti-aging dermatological treatments:
Cosmetic Surgery: The most common and popular way to arrest aging is through cosmetic surgery. Brow lifts, neck lifts and facelifts are the most popular surgical treatments to reduce signs of aging. You can opt for a single procedure, or you can choose to undergo a combination of procedures to treat your aging skin.
Retinoid Creams: Extracted from vitamin A, retinol contains extraordinary anti-aging components. The best thing about retinoid is, you can get it as facial creams at cosmetic shops, or get your dermatologists to prescribe it if you require a stronger application.
Filler Injections: Dermal fillers are injected under the external layer of skin to fill in wrinkles and lines. Fillers also add dimension to your face. Previously silicone fillers were very popular; nowadays dermatologists prefer hyaluronic acid fillers.
Peptide Creams: Peptides are an excellent dermatological treatment for lessening wrinkles and fine lines. Peptides are short links of amino acids. Peptides augment renewed production of collagen that you lose as grow older. Like retinoid creams, you can avail them at shops and dermatology clinics.
Botox: Otherwise known as Botulinum toxin, it freezes skin muscles when injected under your skin. This smooths out the lines or wrinkles on your face. Botox injections are best done by professionals, so consult your dermatologists before undergoing the procedure.
Microdermabrasion: This is a popular derma treatment to remove fine lines. Microdermabrasion boosts new skin growth by using fine particles to exfoliate skin to remove superficial wrinkles or lines.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This treatment uses high-intensity light to remove wrinkles. The light improves skin elasticity, making it firmer and youthful-looking.
A beautiful, glowing skin is something all of us desire. However, due to several conditions such as the sun, weather and other health complications, it is not very easy to maintain a glowing skin. There are several ways using which you will be able to get a healthy, radiant skin. Here is an everyday beauty regiment you must follow:
- Exfoliation: Without proper exfoliation, a dead skin cell layer forms on the skin surface, making it look dull and lifeless. By exfoliating, new skin cell development is encouraged. You can exfoliate your skin using moisturizers, toners and cleansers for making it glow naturally. Natural exfoliating agents such as oats, orange peel, lentil powder and Bengal gram are also considered effective.
- Detoxification: When the body gets overloaded with toxins, the skin is affected in certain ways. You must carry out detoxification by decreasing the amount of sugar and alcohol in your regular diet to get a soft and glowing skin.
- Nourishment: The skin requires proper nourishment with enough vitamins and minerals for a glowing appearance. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and repairs the skin from within, making it healthy. As a result, you get a soft, supple and glowing skin. Iron is also essential for the proper functioning of the antioxidants. Essential minerals and vitamins should be externally applied to the skin surface. The skin cells absorb these nutrients and as a result, you get a glowing complexion.
- Diet: Digestive problems cause skin impurities, and thus a proper diet is required for maintaining a healthy, radiant skin. You should consume food items such as nuts, fish, white meat, grains, brown rice and vegetables like tomato and broccoli for a glowing skin.
- Hydration: You must drink lots of water for proper flushing out of toxins and their elimination from your system. The skin cells get pumped, resulting in a fuller and glowing skin. You must consume more than 2 litres of water regularly.
- Proper sleep: The body requires seven to nine hours of regular sleep for overall rejuvenation and repair. Insufficient or interrupted sleep affects your body, and the skin gets affected as well. It loses its lustre and glow. Hence, proper sleep must be a part of your everyday regimen.
- Antioxidants: Natural antioxidants fight free radicals and give you a beautiful and radiant skin. You have to consume substances, which contain natural antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E. Damaged skin is repaired when you get enough antioxidants, giving it a glowing appearance.
You should try to keep away from stress as much as possible and undertake some form of physical activity regularly. Proper pimple and acne care is also necessary if you want to maintain a glowing skin.
What is the cause of Itching in Body? Especially in the Night time, unprovoked, too much under the Groin, Thighs etc. Have used creams like Itch Guard, Surfaz, Micogel, onbet cream, Eberjen M etc. Have had tablets like Itmac200, Candiforce etc. Earlier there was a cream called Pragmatar, which was really good and used to resolve the problem. Know the creams are expensive including the Medicines, but not addressing the issue at all. I understand that the Heat and Humid climate is the reason and also use panderm / Candid Dusting Powder including Prickly Heat Powder. In-spite of all this problem re-surfaces and does not get erased at all- Why ?- Are the Companies in some sort of understanding with reputed Dermatologists?
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose its aesthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!