Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in MOHALI. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhjeet Kaur
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhjeet KaurYour feedback matters!
Excellent child responded in two days which is not improving at all from one month
She is the bestest guiding angel any child can have... May God Bless Her
My daughter is 10yrs old. She frequently gets urine infection. I have shown her to gynaecologist. She treated her but the problem repeats again and again. Why does this problem come in kids in such tender age?
He is now 5 years of age. He has still very hard stool most of the times. It has been more than 2 years. Now, he itches his anal oftenly. Can it lead to piles disease? I'm very worried about it. Please be advised what treatment would be better to cure this and not to occur piles and constipation disease. Thanks.
I am 28 years old married woman. Having cream color Liquid coming from my both nipple on squeezing. I am on medication from last 20 days so is it due to medication or should I go for checkup?
My baby is 7 months old only she was suffering from loose motions from last 2 days we have consulted Dr. He suggested medicine darolac and zenflox oz. What ever food we are feeding that is directly coming in motion. Please give me suggestion.
My son age is 3 yrs. His height and weight is 87 cms and 12 kg respectively. please prescribed some medicine to bring him in normal percentile.
I'm 27 years old female having a 7 year old boy who is still breastfeeding. I got a pain on my left breast at the side of the breast near the armpits for 2 days. Is it serious? Do I seek medical attention for this?
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not an inborn trouble, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the commonest symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and producing language easily and take a long time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying but cannot communicate or speak well themselves Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignoring you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!