Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pooja Mehta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Infertility
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
Management of High-Risk Pregnancy
Artificial Insemination Treatment
Egg Donation Procedure
Treating Disorders of The Unborn Child
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Icsi) Procedure
Embryo Donor Program
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja MehtaYour feedback matters!
My wife suffering from vagina water comes in morning like toilet Fully clear water in amount 500 ml That is continuing and in stoppable New married Wife tired after this.
Does astagen f helps in early pregnancy, why is it prescribed, is it opted during the treatment of infertility?
I have got a married in 20 Feb 2017 till now I don't hv a child so why should be reason in this any there is an tension to take it.
Actually sir/madam protection ke Bina sex hua tha 24 may ko then same day unwanted 72 ki ek pill khila Di, uske 12 hour baad vomating ho Gaya thi, Uske 4 din baad period AA gye it means 29 may ko aur Esse pahle 20 may ko period Aaya tha sir koi problem to nhi hogi na.
Me and my GF both are virgin. Last month I rubbed my penis on her vagina. We didn't have sex. This month she is not having period. Is there any risk of pregnancy?
I'm having an seasonal itching problem at the joint of my legs near scrotum from a long period of 1-1.5 years I want to cure it totally forever.
Menstrual cycles are a part and parcel of a woman’s life. Every woman knows the reasons behind these cycles and what to do during this time. But there are many other facets that are unknown to most women. This article highlights five important aspects of your menstrual cycle which you were probably not aware of till now.
- Cycles do not protect women from pregnancy: For ages, it has been pointed out that a woman cannot get pregnant during the menstruation period. This is nothing, but a sheer myth. To be precise, these cycles occur only when an egg is released from the ovary. Thus, intercourse during this time would actually increase the chances of getting pregnant rather than reduce it. Male sperms can survive for up to three days in the female body and having intercourse when the female egg is released would allow for the fertilisation of the egg and the sperm, thereby making the woman pregnant.
- False periods: Many times, you take contraceptive pills in order to make sure that you do not get pregnant. The process of contraception works in a manner that prevents the body from releasing an egg. This means that the process of ovulation is prevented for the month. But the lining of the uterus, which is formed due to layers of blood, cannot be prevented by the contraceptives. Hence, even though no ovulation occurs, one still gets their cycles as the uterus lining discharges itself.
- Iron deficiency: Menstrual cycles cause loss of significant amount of blood from the body. This leads to the loss of iron from the body as blood is a rich source of iron. Especially, for women who suffer from any form of anaemia, it is in their best interest to take iron supplements.
- Insomia is of concern: Sleepless nights and insomnia is a matter of concern during your menstrual cycles. Sleep is brought about by progesterone. But lack of sleep would mean that the level of progesterone is low in the body. It is a sign that these levels need to be checked by a medical practitioner. Sleeplessness can trigger additional problems related to menstrual cycles, including heavy bleeding.
- Check oestrogen levels: High oestrogen levels could result to severe back pain and heavy bleeding during your cycles. This is an indication that the hormone level is high and needs to be controlled.
Thus, these are some of the interesting facts that you need to know about your menstrual cycles. None of them are really threatening and can be controlled via medicines or supplements under medical supervision.