Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. O N BhakooYour feedback matters!
My four year baby is sick with a temperature of 99 degrees she can't keep anything down including liquids. Please what should I do.
My baby is 1. 7 month old baby girl. She is on feed and I want to reduce my weight as well wanted to start baby potty training pl help how.
My son is becoming very stubborn day by day and doesn't listen to whatever is told to him. 1st word is always No to what ever we say. Also he is very introvert. He didn't mingle Wit his age group but yes he plays wit elder kids. How do I tackle him?
My baby is 3 months old. She has constipation from birth. She takes 3 to 4 days to pass the motion. Can you suggest a solution for this?
My baby she was just 1yr 10days in age. Suffering from high fever, around 102?. Hv given med. Fevogo (15) drops. BT didn't hv good response. What should I do. please suggest.
My son 4 year 6 months old does not eat properly. We tried all sorts like giving different type of food each day. We have stopped chocolates and other junk foods still no improvement consulted one doctor he gave buclizine syrup 5 ml 2 times is it safe or any medicine better than this or any ayurvedic medicine?
My son is 12 years and weighs about 74 kgs and height of 157 cms recently I find a little breast formation in him is it because of his weight or puberty I am really worried. Please solve and suggest something.
My son is 5 year old and he is suffering frequently with cold and cough then fever. every time we go to out doctor he prescribe three days dose of antibiotic and sinarest. He find this is happening because of the toncilis. pls advice as three days dose gives him relief for temporarily and again and again same thing is happening. this time we discussed with the doctor about the same and he changed the antibiotic and said this is due to the weather.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.