Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Money Pediatric Surgeon
Treatment of Allergy & related Disorders
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Hernia
Hernia Repair Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Treatment of Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism
Treatment of Folliculitis in babies
Sentinel node biopsy
Submit a review for Dr. Money Pediatric SurgeonYour feedback matters!
Dr Money Gupta is dealing with pediatric surgery cases since 15 yrs. Highly experienced female surgeon.
Hello everyone, I am 24 years old from the last 3 years. I neither gained any weight nor lost. Is it a problem? Adding to this whenever I get cold immediately tonsils affecting me much followed by cough, this same pattern is observing from the last few years. Suggest me the right thing. Thanking you in advance.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails. Gargles difficult in children below 10yrs, but one can try gargles in older children. Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult a child specialist or pediatrician in case throat pain and fever doesn't settle, inspite of home remedies and let your doctor decide if antibiotics are required, rather than going for self medication as it have side effects.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.