Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishan Kataria
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishan KatariaYour feedback matters!
Sir my question was that I am experience with salty taste in my mouth and according to your medication to take common salt. How it will help to reduce salty taste in my mouth? Thanks.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.
Dr. My son had wisdom teeth problem. How long it will persists, any treatment required? Or it will disappear as he grows pl advise. Regards.
Hello Doctor, Myself Ankur. I'm 35 years old and I want to put braces as my teeth are bit outward and there is gap between them. I want to know will it be successful at this age. Also taking out molar teeth will be suitable. And how much time will it take to get in.
I have trouble with my teeth I don't it's still paining I can't eat no more. Please help me for this.
I am having blood in my mouth while sleeping. Some times the blood with saliva has yellow substance. What would be the reason.
I am suffering from osmf because I was taking gutkha and occasional cigarettes for 8 years now I left everything for good from 4th July 2015. But I get blood in my saliva sometimes if I talk too much for the whole day in my school and private tuitions I am taking colostrum capsules. Dentist and oncologist said not a concern because my oral health is superb. What is the problem?
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!