Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Kanwal Bedi
Submit a review for Ms. Kanwal BediYour feedback matters!
For reducing the breast size. What can I do. When some one loose weight the. Breast size is. Reduced or not?
Summer is the best season to lose weight. It's warm outside and you can indulge in light aerobic exercises like swimming and walking at your will. Choose from nature’s basket of healthy, low-fat and low-calorie summer fruits and vegetables to lose weight easily. So when the hunger bug strikes, you can snack on low carb foods, which help you lose weight fast.
Still not convinced? Read on to understand why you should plan to chuck the extra kilos during summers.
- Hot summer weather suppresses your appetite: Sunlight may help weight loss in summer season by increasing serotonin levels. That’s one way doctors treat the depression of seasonal affective disorder. Increased levels of serotonin reduce some people’s need to eat, especially if the cravings are for comfort foods. In a 2013 study, people who worked out in a hot environment (86° F) ate less afterward than those who exercised in a cooler setting (50° F). This suggests that sweltering temperatures during summer may, in fact, reduce your desire to eat—even after you’ve done a tough workout.
- Its easier to eat better when it’s scorching hot outside: It’s easier to eat better in summer because there’s an abundance of seasonal, fat-burning foods that are relatively low-priced. Summer foods such as Lady finger (an important source of vitamin B6 and folic acid), cucumbers (a good source of silica, which is good for the skin), peaches, (a good source of fiber), asparagus and broccoli (which are full of hunger-satisfying protein), are all readily available. These foods not only promote a healthy digestive tract but are a key for weight loss in summers. Hence include these local produce in your weight loss diet plan.
- Choice of delicious low-carb fruits and veggies: Summer comes with an abundance of seasonal, nutritious and fat-burning fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, peaches, asparagus, broccoli and water melon to name a few. Health professionals say that these low-calorie food items should make up about 50% of your diet, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. If you make half of your plate or half of all your meals a fruit or a vegetable, you straightaway promote weight loss as both fruits and vegetables are naturally very low in calories and contain loads of water. Eating limited amounts of whole grains and having more lean proteins in the form of fish, eggs and chicken in moderation, helps you cut down on high calorie foods and fastens weight loss. A low carb diet has been shown to help people lose more weight in a shorter period of time as compared to low-calorie or low-fat diets; so concentrate on low carb foods.
- Water becomes ultra-attractive: In summers, we tend to drink more water than any other season and this wonder drink is a big friend of weight loss. Studies show that drinking water before meals helps you to lose weight as it makes you feel full.
- Mood swings are out of picture in summers: We know women and men both binge eat when they are low or depressed. Studies have shown that 27% people with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) binge eat during winters. Almost 90% of these have severe cravings for carbs that makes one fat, especially when it’s cold outside.
- Summer makes exercise and weight loss easy: All you have to do is to ensure that you choose indoor exercise programs like indoor gymming, swimming etc. to beat the heat.
Summer is a great time to try and lose weight, but remember to not let yourself go and pile on the kilos during the long winter months.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am getting pain in my back bone. I do not know what is the reason for that. Is acidity responsible that or not?
I am 25 year old and in a relationship since 8 years. Whenever we get intense and I approach for sex she started crying due to vaginal pain. Now she told me that she has a layer of skin between her vagina so called septate hymen. So now what am I supposed to do. Forcefully I should break that hymen or any other option is there medically.
It is very common for women to experience vaginal problems due to the menstrual cycle, birth control methods, sex or aging. Vaginal odor may change according to your sexual health. Sometimes, it is wrongly interpreted as infection or any other problem but it is a naturally existing odor which can also be caused by normal sweating. Nevertheless, an unpleasant vaginal odor can also be indicative of infection, irritation or an overgrowth of vaginal bacteria. Four common reasons of vaginal odor are:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an overgrowth of naturally existing bacteria in the vagina which can occur due to unprotected sex, douching or low production of lactobacilli bacteria. This can cause irritation, itching and makes women more vulnerable to sexually transmitted infection and other complications like preterm birth. Bacterial vaginosis is a very common occurrence for women in their reproductive years and is the primary reason for the vaginal odor in most cases.
2. Poor hygiene
Poor hygiene can be one of the major causes of vaginal odor. In terms of hygiene two common reasons which can cause unpleasant odor are the lack of proper washing and not wearing clean undergarments. Due to the presence of sweat around the genitalia and poor maintenance of hygiene, women often experience bad odor.
3. Forgotten tampon
A forgotten tampon can cause bacterial infection and lead to vaginal odor. The growth of bacteria along with menstrual blood can cause itching and lead to unpleasant smelling vaginal discharge. Sometimes, the infection can spread and cause serious problems like pain in the lower abdomen.
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease which is caused by a protozoan parasite. It can cause a foul smelling odor, soreness, pain while urination and intercourse and also vaginal itching. Pregnant women suffering from this disease are more at risk to deliver premature babies. It can be treated with antibiotics and can be prevented with proper use of condoms.