Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. K S DhillonYour feedback matters!
How can I get fair skin and gain weight? I have thyroid problem from last 8 year and it's very badly affects on my body and health. What to do? Hell me!
I am aged 56 year suffering from prostate enlargement for the last one year. On the other hand I have a problem of erectile dysfunction. I would like to know whether the problem of erectile dysfunction is related to prostrate enlargement kindly advice.
There are different types of skin and they need care according to their specific type. A secret to healthy skin is maintaining a daily skin care regimen. To construct a beneficial routine, it is important to know your skin type. Learn about the different types and its symptoms to identify your own.
Skin Types and their characteristics:
- Dry - You have rough, scaly and flaky skin, which lacks hydration.
- Oily - Greasy, excessive oil, particularly on the T-zone, is usually accompanied by large pores.
- Normal - Your skin is balanced with the right amount of hydration.
- Sensitive - Your skin gets irritated, red and itchy with the application of cosmetics and creams.
- Combination - Skin that exhibits the characteristics of both dry and oily skin
Here are some skin care techniques you can opt for according to your skin type:
- Combination or oily - Invest in a cleanser that controls excess oil. Wash your face with an oil-free soap, do not scrub, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. You might want to wipe your face with astringent or a toner afterward.
- Dry - Use cleansers which are devoid of alcohol and fragrance because they can dry out your skin even more. Remember to exfoliate your skin once a week to eliminate dead cells and flakes.
- Sensitive - Use a very mild cleanser with calming ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, green tea, and oats.
2. Moisturize - Applying a moisturizer is an important skin in your regime. Irrespective of your skin type, you need a moisturizer. It helps to lock in hydration and prevent dryness. If you have oily skin, apply lightweight oil free moisturizers.
3. Sunscreen - Use a daily sunscreen which has protection against UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30. It can protect you against skin cancer and premature wrinkles.
Apart from following a skincare routine, you also need to have a healthy diet, proper sleep and wear minimal makeup.
Related Tip: How are birthmarks usually treated??
My face is very oily after wash my face 20 minutes my face oily what I should do give me solution doctor please.
I am 20 years 0ld female. I have lots of skin problem like black sport which left over by pimples, uneven skin tone, suntan and fineline near my lip area. My skin is dry.
Cutaneous vascular lesions are the most common birthmarks found in children. Flat vascular lesions have a tendency to persist but raised vascular lesions, called hemangiomas may involute gradually. They are the result of several or huge vessels that are formed underneath the skin and can lead to complications like pain, bleeding, cosmesis or disfigurement. It is necessary to seek treatment for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery and it is effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion. Use of laser surgery, successfully can help in eliminating certain targets (chromophores) within your skin by putting into use the beam of requisite wavelength, energy setting and pulse duration. Initially these caused serious side-effects like scarring of the skin or permanent dyspigmentation but after the development of photothermolysis technique, the side-effects were less seen.
Things to keep in mind before lesion treatment
The main forms of treatment include laser therapy. Surgery is less used at present as it poses the risk for hemorrhage. The patient should be aware of a few things before going through the treatment procedures.
1. Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery can be effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion.
2. Laser therapy can treat vascular lesions such as telangiectasias or spider veins, port wine stain, birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas. The laser is safer and more effective because it proves to be useful in treating the blood vessels of a lesion without affecting the surrounding tissues.
2. The patient may experience temporary discoloration of the skin surrounding the treatment site. This blue-green discoloration is known as purpura and it usually fades within a week.
3. The laser therapy is more effective in case of people who have a lighter skin color. In case of heavily tanned or deeply pigmented skin, the laser light may not be able to reach the surface of the lesion.
4. A topical antibiotic in the form of an ointment or cream may be required by some patients after the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.