Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.P Singh
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Sugar Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of High Sugar Levels
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. K.P SinghYour feedback matters!
Dr. K.P Singh Feeds
Chapattis can help in controlling diabetes or not? I show most old man eat Chapattis for diabetes issue.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My mother is 64 years old and has hypothyroidism and has arthritis. What food habits should she follow and what precautions are required.
Hello sir, I got the lab report yesterday Triiodothyronine T3 is normal and triiodothyronine T4 is also normal but Thyroid stimulating is 5.85mcIU/ml impression- Hypothyroid state is it normal or I should consult doctor and which vegetables I should add in my food. Revert me ASAP thanks.
I am suffering from diabetes ,thyroid amd blood pressure. Diabetes is high. Kindly prescribe so that I may reduce it to normal.
Hi there, I need advise on diet. I,m prediabetes with 6.2 hba1c level. And having low BP issues with the reading always below 100/70. I'm over 80 with the height of 5.6, so pls also add tips to reduce weight and have normal BMI. Regards
I am taking medicine for B P and Sugar. Both under control. I am very found of Pea Nuts and daily I used to eat a fistful of Pea Nuts. Is it healthy or harmful?
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.