Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Jobanjit KaurYour feedback matters!
I am feeling problem with respect to erection. Is masturbation the reason behind it and how I can I increase my sexuality.
Hii mera name nisha he me 24 year ki hu. Mujhe pcos ki bimari he. Mera FSH 1.61 or LH 2.21 he. Kay ye bimari thik nahi ho sakti. Me doctor se consult ki to usane kaha ki tume yasmin medicine lo 3 month jse tumhare regular period hoge. Fira tume pregnant hone ki planning karo. To me kay pcos ke bavjood pregnant hosakti hu. Please reply dijiye. Me pregnant hona chati hu. Please help me.
I am 54 year old female. I am suffering from numbness in the legs and my anklets are swollen. Please answer.
I am suffering from chronic cough and I am tired to go again again around clinic test but I didn't get any remedy .are there any alternative remedies in Ayurveda?
I was smoking more than 3 years but I was scared and stopped smoking for couple of days. Daily morning during wake up I feel like breathless it is because I left smoking suddenly or some other problem?
Lastly sir if a women had many relation but she is negative and I had sex to her 4 time by not knowing the truth, but she is negative sure is their any chance please reply your suggestion.
A common complaint, painful headaches (including migraine), can be really bothersome and cause serious disruptions in your daily routine. Even though over-the-counter medicines can help, you can’t ignore the side effects they can potentially have on your body.
So, instead of popping pills to stem off the pain, why not try these simple and effective home remedies for a change? Moreover, apart from offering you respite from a headache, you can be sure that these remedies will cause no side effects whatsoever. Here are some of the tried and tested remedies for you to use at home.
1. Eat almonds
A natural remedy to cure a headache could be consuming nutritious almonds. Almonds contain a natural pain relieving agent called salicin, which helps in easing the pain. Furthermore, their high magnesium content aids in reducing nerve excitability while relaxing the muscles, thereby decreasing the incidence of headaches caused by anxiety and stress. Ideally, you should have about 10-12 almonds every day for preventing as well as alleviating headaches. So, munch on some almonds the next time you get a headache.
2. Try ginger juice or ginger paste
To get instant relief, you could also turn to ginger for help. Ginger eases headache by bringing down the swelling of the blood vessels in your head. You can have ginger in more ways than one.
You can try mixing lemon juice and ginger juice in equal parts and then drinking the juice once or twice daily to cure headaches. Alternatively, you can apply a paste made of ginger powder and 2 tablespoons of water on the affected area (temple or forehead) for fast and instant relief.
3. Make a paste of cinnamon sticks
Pound some cinnamon sticks into a fine powder and make a thick paste out of it by adding some water. Once done, apply the paste on your temples and forehead, and wash it off after 30 minutes using only lukewarm water.
4. Opt for clove oil or clove inhalant
Due to their pain-relieving and cooling qualities, cloves are highly effective in providing you relief from throbbing headaches.
For treating your headaches, all you need is a handkerchief containing crushed cloves for inhalation from time to time. Alternatively, you could massage your temples and forehead with clove oil.
5. Have basil tea
Possessing pain-relieving benefits, the wonder herb, basil, is another easily available home remedy for treating headaches. Basil is very effective in curing headaches that arise from stiff muscles and tension. You can cure headaches by having a soothing cup of basil tea. To make the tea, boil one cup of water into which you’ve added 3-4 leaves of this herb. Have this steaming tea with a little honey.
Whether you opt for almonds or hot basil tea, these simple and effective home remedies are sure-shot ways of getting respite from painful headaches.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am a 24 year old male. Sometimes my stomach getting bloat up due to gas or something. How can I avoid this bloating up problem?
The way your day starts can affect your entire day and nothing is worse than fighting constipation in the morning. Along with a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen and bloating, constipation can also cause mood swings and lower your attention span. While laxatives can be temporary quick fixes, they can worsen the problem over time.
Hence, it is better to treat this disorder with a few simple lifestyle changes and home remedies.
- Eat plenty of fibre: A bad diet is one the key factors triggering constipation. Fibre not only fills the stomach, but also helps add bulk to your stool making it easier to pass. Ideally, a person should have 20-40 grams of fibre a day. If you suffer from chronic constipation, you can increase this amount a little as well. As an easy way to increase your fibre consumption is ensure that you eat some form of raw salad with every meal. Other foods that are rich in fibre are oats, almonds, cereals, beans, lentils and fruits.
- Ginger tea or mint tea: Ginger is a warming herb, which when had in form of tea can make the body generate more internal heat. This helps activate the digestion process and thereby relieves constipation. The menthol in peppermint has an antispasmodic effect that helps relax the digestive tract muscles and makes it easier for stool to pass through. Dandelion tea can also be used as a mild natural laxative.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is a popular natural laxative. This is because one of the components of this oil helps stimulate the small and large intestine. To benefit from castor oil, have 1 or 2 teaspoons of the oil on an empty stomach. You should be able to pass stool within about 8 hours.
- Drink plenty of water: Water not only hydrates the body, but also helps food move along the digestive system. Without adequate water, the stool is likely to be hard and difficult to pass. Ideally, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Do not count artificially sweetened beverages as part of this count as they can actually cause constipation instead of ease it.
- Warm lemon water: Lemon juice helps stimulate the digestive system and hence is ideal for treating constipation. When mixed with warm water, it can help eliminate toxins from the body. Adding a little honey to the mixture can also work as a mild laxative. Alternatively, you could add salt in place to honey as this encourages the bowel muscle contraction and is rich in magnesium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.